PlayStation 2 identification tool

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by sp193, Jul 10, 2013.

1. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Oh yeah. There is one more thing to that.
    DEX units have bit 0 set to 1 for the minor version. So you will never find a DEX with a MECHACON version number that is even.

Thanks, but it is an emulator; the data retrieved from it, might not represent any particular PlayStation 2 model.

There were a few MECHACON versions under the F-chassis. Based on the service tool, the CXP103049-101GG, CXP103049-201GG and CXP103049-301GG have a minor version of 0 (v3.0.x).
    The newer CXP103049-001GG-TL, CXP103049-102GG-TL and CXP103049-202GG-TL have a minor version of 2 (v3.2.x).

The Asian (SCPH-30005 R, SCPH-30006 R, SCPH-30007 R) F-chassis MECHACON had a different model too: CXP103049-401GG-TL (v3.4.4)

The small x is the MagicGate region number. SONY used this version number format to differentiate between the 2 G-chassis models, so that should be how it is done.

krHACKen, AKuHAK and l_oliveira like this.
  2. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

3. Punch

Punch RIP AsssemblerGames, never forget.

Hey I ran PS2Ident on my 79010, where do I submit my dump + motherboard #?

I'll just send it to you via PM for now.

4. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

I have received your submission. Thanks!

Yeah, sending me a PM is fine. The other way is through e-mail.

5. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

PS2Ident v0.825 released!

Changelog for v0.825:
    1. Updated to have the fixed USBHDFSD module.
    2. Replaced the font-drawing system with a new design.
    3. Updated French localization.
    Changelog for PS2IDBMS v1.05:
    1. Added the "/modded" sub-option, so that modded consoles can be flagged as such.
    Downloads/links:
    PS2Ident project page: http://ichiba.geocities.jp/ysai187/PS2/PS2Ident.htm

On a side node, it might be good to mention here and now that this update is also meant to solve the problem with the dumped files being corrupted. I still don't know for sure what the problem was, but I once tracked the corruption to commit 1c19a3 (05/09/2014).
    I guess that it has something to do with the design of scache; scache caches sector accesses in blocks of 4096 bytes. The modification to fat_writeFile was meant to speed up writing, by not requiring every sectors to be always read into memory if the whole sector is going to be rewritten.

I guess that because sector-management within the cache is done on a sector-level basis (but caching is done on a block basis), scache has no way of knowing which sectors are used or not, and because of various other reasons like perhaps the partition of the disk not being aligned on 4096-byte boundaries, it is hence possible for fat_writeFile to cause scache to "reserve" a region of 4096 bytes that has some sectors that are used. Since it doesn't read in any of those other sectors within the block, the content of those sectors would get overwritten (perhaps even by random data).

Either way, even if there isn't such a problem... I guess that this is the best compromise that I can offer for now. Hopefully, it will prevent further files from being corrupted as they are written.

PS2Ident has been adjusted again today, to address the issues that were reported in the FMCB thread.

Also because I discovered that the homebrew kernel patch for the SCPH-10000/SCPH-15000 could block the user from adjusting the language setting, so I made an update to the PS2SDK and an update to PS2Ident.
    However, this problem will occur as long as the user doesn't use the HDD Browser and runs a piece of homebrew software that was built between 2013 and mid-December 2016. HDDChecker, PS2Ident and FMCBInstaller have been updated to rectify this issue.

Changelog:
    • Fixed coordinate overflow in font-drawing.
    • Rebuilt to not have the full kernel OSD patch (PS2SDK update).
      (prevents users of SCPH-10000/SCPH-15000 from being blocked from changing the language setting)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    1UP, AKuHAK, SONIC3D and 3 others like this.
  6. AKuHAK

AKuHAK Spirited Member

Just some feature requests:
    • generate BOOT rom,DVD rom and database.bin without S/N (instead of SCPH-50000_16777215_BOOT_ROM.bin generate SCPH-50000_BOOT_ROM.bin) in the same folder. Because roms are not so unique as other data.
    • generate on more text report which does not contain serial numbers (SCPH-50000_specs.txt)
    Code:
       Console ID:     0x4e 0xd4 0x11 0x01 0xXX 0xXX 0xXX 0x20
       i.Link ID:      0x20 0x4f 0xd4 0x20 0xXX 0xXX 0xXX 0x80
       Serial number:     XXXXXXX
       SMAP MAC address:   00:19:c5:XX:XX:XX
    These 2 requests for users which want to share their info publicly over internet.
    • show information about DVD player version. Sometimes it is difficult to recognize it by CRC.
    Code:
    ROMVER:   0220AC20060210
    DVD ver: 2.10A
    • Replace Unknown in some place with something else. For example unknown data that user can provide additionally mark as 'Missing' (like mainboard model, chip revisions) but data which user cannot provide keep Unknown (like chassis, model info, ilink vendor etc.). So user can already understand if he need to disassemble console or not.
    • Automatically parse chassis model. And I believe that also we can speculate sometimes about Mainboard model or at least show specualtions in brackets:
      Code:
      Mainboard model:   Missing (probably GH-022 or GH-023)
    • Add BOOT rom and DVD rom CRC database (I can share with all CRC sums). Something like this:
    Code:
    ROM chip sizes:
      Boot ROM:   0xBFC00000 (32 Mbit)   CRC16: 0x3593  Present 
      Boot ROM:   0xBFC00000 (32 Mbit)   CRC16: 0x3593  Corrupted
      DVD ROM:   0xBE000000 (32 Mbit)   CRC16: 0xc6d4  Missing
    So users can see which BOOT roms we have, which are probably corrupted by modchip and which are missing from database. It is not exactly PS2Ident project goal of course - but really nice side feature. I think that BOOT rom crc can be assigned to ROMVER (except SCPH-18000) and DVD crc can be assigned to DVD player version if you introduce this nice feature.

7. l_oliveira

l_oliveira Officer at Arms

DNAS is gone. Hiding console IDs now is a moot point since you can't be banned from anything official, anymore.

8. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

The reason why I added the S/N to the name, is so that you can dump similar consoles without overwriting the other console's dump.

Yeah, sure.

Previously, I did not have the know-how to get the DVD Player version. So yes, this can be done.

There is now a proper way to identify the size of DEV1 as well.

All "unknown" data is supposed to be eventually filled in. The one that you're referring to is probably MODELID, which I was trying to do something about... and I think there is a pattern. But I have too few records to cover the newer consoles.

I think I wrote about this to you, via e-mail.

i.Link vendor is always known (they're all made by LSI Corporation). It's "unknown" on the consoles that have no i.Link, likely because the data obtained is garbage (with no pattern). While it is also possible to hide it when a new IOP device is detected, it was kept in case some unusual PS2 is found.

Chassis model cannot be determined from any one channel of data, which is why it is currently done with the mainboard model. Rightfully, the chassis can be differentiated with the EEPROM ADD0x010 value (which always indicates the chassis), but this doesn't work for the SCPH-70000 and later because Sony seemed to have adjusted the EEPROM layout again at that point.

Maybe if a pattern can be established for MODELID, then this could be more viable.

Maybe it would work better against the MODELID, if we can establish a pattern. Since each model should have one ROM.
    The reason why I brought up the SCPH-18000 back then, was because it is an indicator that the build date may not be linked to the checksum (I guess it can happen if they made two designs in one day).

Yeah, the old methodologies that I came up with for PS2Ident are starting to age, especially since we have more data that can be used to identify the console. Thanks for the suggestions.

9. AKuHAK

AKuHAK Spirited Member

But folder name already contains S/N - maybe it is enough?
    But from user side it will be nice to differ on Unknown from another Unknown. ModelID is one which user cannot add info, Chassis also isn't written in the mainboard, as about ilink ID and other that are shown from time to time that are unknown. I mean keep those data (missing chip names for example) different from data that cannot be added by user.
    ModelID isn't so unique: SCPH-30003 R and SCPH-30003 shares same modelid (0x1a0006) while they have completely different BOOT roms (0120EC20000902 and 0160EC20010704). And it is only one example. To my mind it is better to assign it to ROMVER. In case of SCPH-18000 we just can assign 2 crcs for one ROMVER, thats all.

10. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Is this all about the user's privacy? If it is, the original idea was to not distribute the ROMs nor the log file (only database has to be submitted).

But I guess it is as you have noticed - it is very interesting to actually see the data in human-readable form, so people may share the files.
    If it is so desired, then I guess I can omit the serial number from the file names, leaving the directory-naming as it is.

All data can be added by the user, which is why I meant that the data is missing when it is displayed as "unknown". As with chip IDs, the model ID is a "component". It's just that nobody has sat down to complete that list.
    I have been not working on PS2Ident for quite a while too, but I did try to update the MODEL ID list. There are really too many gaps, however.

The chassis model is tied in with the mainboard number here though. So if the mainboard model is filled in, then the chassis model can be determined.

The thing is, I'm also trying to come up with a system that doesn't require more coding. I used to hardcode everything before I added this database system, and each change required a new build of PS2Ident to be made.

So if possible, I would really prefer a more accurate way to predict this (so it is possible to register the CRC as a "component"). It would be also more informative to everybody, even for those who do not use PS2Ident.

But well, if there is no better solution, then I shall do what you suggest.
    (BTW, did we check if the ROMGEN is exactly the same for the two SCPH-18000 consoles?)

AKuHAK likes this.
  11. l_oliveira

l_oliveira Officer at Arms

I have two different versions of the SCPH-18000 units (being the early one A-Chassis GH-003 with plug in ROM board and later one AB-Chassis GH-008) and their ROM 0 images compare to each other byte exact except for the ROMGEN string.

sp193 and kHn like this.
  12. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

PS2Ident v0.830 Released!

Changelog for v0.830
    • UI rework, for better font-drawing.
    • Added DVD Player version display.
    • Added PlayStation driver version display.
    • The serial number, i.Link ID, console ID and MAC address will no longer be printed in the log.
    • The DEV1 (DVD ROM) address is now obtained from the SSBUSC, as with the IOP DECI2 manager. The DEV2 (BOOT ROM) address is always hardcoded.
    • The DEV1 (DVD ROM) and DEV2 (BOOT ROM) decode ranges are now obtained from the SSBUSC, as with the IOP DECI2 manager.
      The size of the DEV1 region is shrunk to the size of the contents, since Sony usually fixed in some large value (i.e. 128Mbit) instead of the real device's size.
    • The DEV1 and DEV2 memory addresses will now reflect their physical addresses, not within KSEG1.
    • Added SSBUS I/F Controller: CXD9546R.
    • Added various console models.
    • Added GH-029 as J-chassis.
    • Replaced icons with icons from Berion.
    • Added device icons.
    • Added a check for unclean ROMs:
      • If there is a matching (ROMVER and ROMGEN match) ROM that is clean, then the checksums are compared against.
      • If there is a mismatch, then PS2Ident will indicate that the console's ROM may be unclean.

Changelog for PS2IDBMS (Database management tool) v1.06:
    • Added GH-029 as J-chassis.
    • Added mask to unset the KSEG1 bits of the physical addresses for the boot and DVD ROMs.

Downloads/Links

PS2Ident project page (downloads at bottom): http://ichiba.geocities.jp/ysai187/PS2/PS2Ident.htm

EDIT: file was replaced, to fix a cosmetic issue regarding the select button on the dumping screen.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    AKuHAK, kHn, uyjulian and 3 others like this.
  13. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

PS2Ident v0.831 released!

Changelog for v0.831:
    • Fixed DVD Player version display.
    • Added custom ROMDRV module (clone of ROMDRV v2.1), so that the actual addresses used by ADDDRV (rom1) and ADDROM2 (rom2) can be obtained.
      PS2Ident will no longer make any assumption on the ROMs, other than the boot ROM (it is hardwired, also hardcoded in ROMDRV).
    Previously, PS2Ident would assume the addresses of rom0, rom1 and rom2. It is known that these devices are virtual, and exist within physical devices (boot and DVD ROM).
    Now, the addresses of each rom device is obtained from their respective device drivers (ADDDRV and ADDROM2), via a custom ROM driver (ROMDRV).

Also due to this design improvement, the existence of the rom devices can be more accurately detected and this process is simplified. Bootup of PS2Ident is now also faster.

The DVD Player version number display is now working. For reasons, I accidentally overwritten one of the files with an older version, which stopped it from working.

PS2Ident was also recompiled with a fix to the homebrew FILEIO RPC, which patches a race condition around the FILEIO RPC return values; one thread can overwrite the return value of another, which was causing initialization to be slow.

Downloads/Links
    PS2Ident project page (downloads at bottom): http://ichiba.geocities.jp/ysai187/PS2/PS2Ident.htm

EDIT: I have updated the database to correct the ID for the CXD9546R PCIC.
    For those who have already downloaded the package, you can replace the database file with the new version from here.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    AKuHAK likes this.
  14. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

PS2Ident v0.832 released!

Changelog for v0.832:
    • Disabled printing of MECHACON, i.Link and console data, if they cannot be acquired from the console.
    However, it is impossible to prevent printing of garbage data, if the console's CDVDMAN has the necessary functions replaced with functions that always succeed, like the DTL-T10000.​
    • Fixed ROMVER module, to allow for proper acquisition of ROMVER.
    • Updated DVD Player initialization code.
    • Generated files will no longer have the serial number in their filenames.
    • The folder name will still have the serial number of the console, but only if it could be obtained. If not, then "noserial" will be printed in place of the serial number.
    • Updated model IDs:
      • Colours will not be placed within brackets (e.g. SCPH-50000 SS). Special thanks to AKuHAK.
      • Chassis models (if the same model name refers to multiple chassis designs) will be placed within brackets (e.g. SCPH-30001 (B)).
      • Added SCPH-50000b, SCPH-50003.
    Downloads/links:

Special build for the DTL-T10000 (or any PlayStation 2 that supports dsnet): http://www.mediafire.com/file/5c0fzt3amd8ajg0/PS2Ident-T10K.elf/file
    The user needs to use this ELF in place of the one from the normal PS2Ident package. As usual, the lang directory should be in the same location as the ELF.

This supports the dsnet host device and can be directly booted via dsedb. As dsnet does not seem to support directories, this will generate files in the same directory as the PS2Ident-T10K.elf file.
    You may need to also launch dsefilesv.

The software may work on release v2.3.4 and later (with the TEST mode IBOOTP option), but it will not work starting from the flash release which Sony replaced the UDNL blacklist with a whitelist (since img: is no longer an accepted IOP kernel module source).

I have tested it on my DTL-T10000H J. There some things that do not work and I have no clean way to detect, like how the IDs are all garbage. Some discernment is required.
    For some reason, Sony decided to replace functions like sceCdRI() with dummy functions, that do nothing other than returning a success code. Since I call those functions via SIFRPC, I cannot prevent garbage from being returned...
    I don't think I want to blacklist the ROM version (20000117TD), in case we actually find one that works.

EDIT: PS2Ident-T10K.elf was updated. I forgot that I should never compress the file because dsedb wants the section headers.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    AKuHAK and AlGollan84 like this.
  15. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

PS2Ident v0.832 Re-released!

Changelog for v0.832 (2018/07/04):
    • Disabled printing of MECHACON, i.Link and console data, if they cannot be acquired from the console.
    However, it is impossible to prevent printing of garbage data, if the console's CDVDMAN has the necessary functions replaced with functions that always succeed, like the DTL-T10000.​
    • Fixed ROMVER module, to allow for proper acquisition of ROMVER.
    • Updated DVD Player initialization code.
    • Generated files will no longer have the serial number in their filenames.
    • The folder name will still have the serial number of the console, but only if it could be obtained. If not, then "noserial" will be printed in place of the serial number.
    • Updated model IDs:
      • Colours will not be placed within brackets (e.g. SCPH-50000 SS). Special thanks to AKuHAK.
      • Chassis models (if the same model name refers to multiple chassis designs) will be placed within brackets (e.g. SCPH-30001 (B)).
      • Added SCPH-50000b, SCPH-50003.
    • NEW - Updated USBHDFSD, so that dumps can be made safely.
    NEW: New changes that were made since the initial release.

Downloads/Links
    PS2Ident for T10K: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5c0fzt3amd8ajg0/PS2Ident-T10K.elf

16. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    svotib, uyjulian and AlGollan84 like this.
  17. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

PS2Ident v0.834 released!

Changelog for v0.834 (as of 2018/10/27):
    • Compiled with FreeType v2.9.1.
    • Fixed UI bug when dealing with enums (not used for this project).
    • Compiled with updated USBD & USBHDFSD modules. For compatibility with devices that have only one alternate interface configuration.
    • Added SCPH-50001/N GH-023.
    • Updated USBHDFSD: fix bug that prevented correct reading & writing.
    Downloads/Links
    PS2Ident project page: http://ichiba.geocities.jp/ysai187/PS2/PS2Ident.htm

svotib likes this.
  18. sp193

sp193 Site Soldier

uyjulian, AKuHAK, svotib and 2 others like this.
  19. AKuHAK

AKuHAK Spirited Member

I want to share with ps2ident v0.835 MID with modified database. In fact i am collecting information about different Model IDs that were released. If some of you has information about some missing ps2 model you can share data.
    Unlike main topic research there is no need to disassembly console for motherboard revision detection.
    Changes from original ps2ident:
    • Detected Model ID list changed, now it contains more models, including not confirmed yet:
    ID Model ID comment
    0x1a0000 SCPH-10000
    0x1a0001 DTL-H10000/DTL-H10000 S confirmed, Senyuki
    0x1a0003 SCPH-15000/SCPH-18000
    0x1a0004 SCPH-30001
    0x1a0005 SCPH-30002/SCPH-30002 R confirmed, Stancatau
    0x1a0006 SCPH-30003/SCPH-30003 R confirmed, Sony846
    0x1a0007 SCPH-30004/SCPH-30004 R confirmed, danielb, bandithedoge
    0x1a0008 DTL-H30001
    0x1a0009 DTL-H30002
    0x1a000a DTL-H30005
    0x1a000b SCPH-18000 (AB)
    0x1a000d SCPH-30000 (D)
    0x1a000e DTL-H30000
    0x1a0010 SCPH-35001 GT (Not confirmed)
    0x1a0011 SCPH-35002 GT (Not confirmed)
    0x1a0012 SCPH-35003 GT (Not confirmed)
    0x1a0013 SCPH-35004 GT confirmed, Senyuki
    0x1a0014 SCPH-35000 GT confirmed, Shuji
    0x1a0015 SCPH-30001 R
    0x1a0017 SCPH-30006 R
    0x1a0018 SCPH-39000
    0x1a0019 SCPH-39001
    0x1a001a SCPH-39002
    0x1a001b SCPH-39003
    0x1a001c SCPH-39004 from China?
    0x1a001d SCPH-39005 (Not confirmed) this is not confirmed
    0x1a001e SCPH-37000 L fix to not be 39006
    0x1a001f SCPH-39007 (Not confirmed) this is not confirmed
    0x1a0020 SCPH-39008
    0x1a0021 SCPH-39000 TB confirmed, Senuyki
    0x1a0023 SCPH-39006a
    0x1a0027 DTL-H30100
    0x1a0028 DTL-H30101/DTL-H30101 E E model confirmed, Senyuki
    0x1a0029 DTL-H30102
    0x1a002a DTL-H30105
    0x1a012c SCPH-39004 (Not confirmed) from Japan, maybe a?
    0x20d302 DTL-H50000
    0x20d303 DTL-H50001
    0x20d304 DTL-H50002
    0x20d305 DTL-H50009
    0x20d327 DTL-H90000(a)
    0x20d381 DESR-7000
    0x20d382 DESR-5000
    0x20d383 DESR-7100
    0x20d384 DESR-5100
    0x20d386 DESR-7500
    0x20d387 DESR-5500
    0x20d388 DESR-7700
    0x20d389 DESR-5700
    0x20d402 SCPH-50001 (Not confirmed) from bcallicott
    0x20d403 SCPH-50001 (Not confirmed) retrofan90, ps2-home
    0x20d406 SCPH-50002
    0x20d407 SCPH-50003
    0x20d408 SCPH-50004
    0x20d409 SCPH-50002 SS Confirmed, Stancatau
    0x20d40a SCPH-50003
    0x20d40b SCPH-50004 SS Confirmed, Senyuki
    0x20d40c SCPH-50001 (Not confirmed)
    0x20d40e SCPH-50006 Confirmed, Stancatau
    0x20d410 SCPH-50008 Confirmed, Vitas
    0x20d412 SCPH-50000 NB Confirmed, Senuyki, model corrected, 50000b not confirmed
    0x20d415 SCPH-55000 GT confirmed, Senuyki
    0x20d416 SCPH-50009 SS
    0x20d41b SCPH-50008 SS
    0x20d41c SCPH-50004 AQ
    0x20d420 SCPH-50000 SA(a) confirmed, Senyuki
    0x20d421 SCPH-50004 SS(a) confirmed, Senyuki, confirmed, krHACKen
    0x20d423 SCPH-50002 SS Confirmed, Stancatau
    0x20d427 SCPH-70004(b) confirmed, LopoTRI
    0x20d428 SCPH-70003 (Not confirmed)
    0x20d429 SCPH-70002(a) Confirmed, Stancatau
    0x20d42a SCPH-70011(a)
    0x20d42b SCPH-70012(a)
    0x20d42c SCPH-70000 (Not confirmed)
    0x20d42d SCPH-70005 (Not confirmed)
    0x20d42e SCPH-70006(a) confirmed, Senyuki
    0x20d42f SCPH-70007 (Not confirmed)
    0x20d431 SCPH-70008 (Not confirmed)
    0x20d434 SCPH-70004 SS(a) Confirmed, Senyuki
    0x20d43b SCPH-70008 (Not confirmed)
    0x20d43c SCPH-75001 (Not confirmed) Not confirmed, l_Oliveira
    0x20d43d SCPH-75002(a) Confirmed, Stancatau
    0x20d43e SCPH-75003 (Not confirmed) JohnR ps2-home
    0x20d43f SCPH-75004 (Not confirmed) Not confirmed, Kizik_aka
    0x20d442 SCPH-75003 (Not confirmed)
    0x20d443 SCPH-75004 SS(a) Confirmed, Senyuki
    0x20d446 SCPH-75006(a) Confirmed, Stancatau
    0x20d44d SCPH-75008 (Not confirmed)
    0x20d44f SCPH-77001(a) Confirmed, Cosmic-R
    0x20d452 SCPH-77004(b) confirmed, krHACKen
    0x20d453 SCPH-77002 CW(a) Confirmed, Stancatau
    0x20d457 SCPH-77000 CW(b) Confirmed, Senyuki
    0x20d459 SCPH-77006(a)
    0x20d45a SCPH-77007 (Not confirmed)
    0x20d45b SCPH-77008(a) confirmed, Yoti
    0x20d45f SCPH-77003 (Not confirmed)
    0x20d460 SCPH-77004 PK(a) Confirmed, Senyuki
    0x20d46e SCPH-79000 SS(a) Confirmed, Senyuki
    0x20d46f SCPH-79003 (Not confirmed) Not confirmed, Jolek from psx-place, CB
    0x20d471 SCPH-79010(a) confirmed, Punch
    0x20d474 SCPH-79008(a) confirmed, denben0487
    0x20d479 SCPH-90006(a)
    0x20d47a SCPH-90006 CW(a)
    0x20d47f SCPH-90007 (Not confirmed)
    0x20d482 SCPH-90001 (Not confirmed) joack ps2-home
    0x20d484 SCPH-90004(a) Confirmed, Senyuki
    0x20d485 SCPH-90004 SS(a) Confirmed, Senyuki
    0x20d486 SCPH-90002(a) Confirmed, Stancatau
    0x20d48b SCPH-90010(a) confirmed, Vedita BR
    0x20d48c SCPH-90000 CR(a) Confirmed, Senyuki
    0x20d48d SCPH-90008(a) confirmed, Nitrouih
    0x20d490 PX300-1
    • Added some confirmed models with mainboard revisions
    • EMCS ID list modified. In fact I am using some assumptions for this list. It seems that before SCPH-390** all models have EMCS ID 00 (Made in Japan). Starting from Dragon series all EMCS ID are known and proven. But for SCPH-390** there are more values possible: 0x00,0x01,0x02,0x03. 0x01 seems China and I made assumption that this is is Foxconn (never seen something else). I also has sticker and ps2ident data from 0x02 SZMT and 0x03 SKZ. 0x18 is unique for DESR DVR, while real manufacturer unknown - I guess it is safe to make assumption for sticker data (S.EMCS) for DESR series.
    ID EMCS ID Full Name
    0x0000 Japan
    0x0001 FOXC Foxconn
    0x0002 SZMT SuZhou MainTek
    0x0003 SKZ SONY KISARAZU
    0x0010 S EMCS
    0x0020 FOXC Foxconn
    0x0021 FOXC Foxconn
    0x0030 SZMT SuZhou MainTek
    0x0040 S WUXI
    If you want to help by contributing data you can drag my version here:
    https://yadi.sk/d/E8oNj2ChGmyiSw
    How to provide data: launch ps2ident from usb stick and check what is shown in Model ID section. If there is written Unknown you definitely should share your data. If there is written Not confirmed you should share your data as well. It even if ps2ident shows known Model ID - please check your sticker data - maybe database is incomplete. For example if ps2ident shows SCPH-77004a while you have SCPH-77004b please share your data.

1. First of all check screen where Model ID is placed. You should press L1 four (4) times after program loads (see screenshot below) until you see screen with Mechacon at top. Do not look at screen where Model is located, Model will not be accurate (not very precise). If you see Unknown or Not confirmed, you should provide your data. If you see some data, you should check if it matches data on the sticker. If data on the sticker differs from what program shows - you defietly should provide your data.
    2. [​IMG][​IMG]
    3. How to share: in fact the best solution just post here ps2ident log and sticker photo with removed serials. Also mention color or revision of your console (for example SCPH-39000 TB or SCPH-50000 NB(b) ). It is safer to remove serial numbers from image while not necessary. Please keep first digit or first 2 digits of your serials - do not remove it completely. Also do not hide digits from barcode beginning and barcode middle - this data is not personal/unique and potentially can contain useful info.
    4. In case if you want to do more: you opened console, checked mainboard revision and want to share mainboard revision, please provide also *_database.bin. Please also check if some chips are unrecognized. Nowadays only some mechacon chips are missing, but who knows.
    You can also just post Model ID and exact console model including color, little "a" or "b" near model if you wish.

If you are providing motherboard revisions please also attach *_database.bin file generated by program.

P.S. Some Model IDs was recovered from NVRAM dumps (of course all not confirmed). If you cannot access console but still have NVRAM (or "bios") dumps of consoles that are not in the list I can add data into Not confirmed section it even if there is no sticker photo (while sticker photo of course will be useful).

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    vitas155 and svotib like this.
  20. thebigman1106

thebigman1106 Robust Member

Hi AKuHAK
    Do you have another wesite? the geosites web server has been shut down.

Thanks

AKuHAK likes this.