Pier Solar - Gold status!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Jackhead, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Carnivol

Carnivol Dauntless Member

Very much an original batch pre-order. Kinda forgot all about it and a tad bit too busy with life to chase after things actively. Either way, giving it another couple of days for a reply on the most recent inquiry about the status on things.

2. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

oh wow man that does suck, I hope they do good and issue you an original pack

3. Fonzie

Fonzie Peppy Member

Carnivol > What is this trend to "complain" on public place like here about simple & private things like that?

To wait someone from the team come and solve the problem here?

Well thanks guys, its useless and top of that just ruin WM's reputation, slowly but surely. Here are common reasons why sometime people get no reply to their enquiries:

- Sometime people contact us with mis-typed email, sometimes several times in a raw (they don't know their own email), it happens a LOT.
    - Sometime people contact us WITHOUT leaving any name or contact info so we can't answer them.
    - Sometime our answers get into spam folders, either at the mail server level or email client level.
    - Sometimes people complain they contated us & got no answer but they never did...

Nothing "sux", WM do answer all the inquiries email, not a single issue is left unsolved and its kinda cool I think.
    Please triple check your spam folder at both client and server level, then attempt to contact WM again with a different email.

I'm no longer part of the WM adventure, but well, that had to be said.
    Thanks for your understanding and sorry for sounding like an ass.
    Fonzie

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  4. Bomberhead

Bomberhead Gutsy Member

i agree. but that may bot be possible now. :(

5. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

No longer part of WM? You mean any future games you won't be involved, or are you just talking about customer support?

6. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

I'm pretty sure Carnivol is competent at sending an email, also if someone contacts you via email wouldn't their contact info obviously be the email they contacted you from?

Also he says he has tried multiple times to contact WM, so at this point I definitely think it is justified to mention his problems in a public forum. He isn't trying to directly attack WM, he is just pointing out that he has had no communication back from them, which I would certainly be upset about myself if I had shelled out for the first run product and people were now getting reprint versions before me.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  7. Twimfy

Twimfy Site Supporter 2015

^ This, I think he's well within his rights to complain and voice it publicly.

Bomberhead likes this.
  8. Bomberhead

Bomberhead Gutsy Member

I would +1 this comment if given the opportunity.

9. Carnivol

Carnivol Dauntless Member

Don't go kill eachother now, people.

The only way I see my initial contact attempt not going through would be if the entire e-mail provider is blocked somehow (without any notifications given). Which I suppose isn't unlikely, but then certainly a green list should still exist for verified buyers or a purchase through said e-mail (nor forum registration later down the line) shouldn't have been possible in the first place. Can't really speak for the contact form -yet-, but left an inquiry there with the same contact info as before.

But, yeah, no intents of sounding like an ass about this, so no reason to sound so touchy about it, Fonzie. However, I'm certainly not a follower of the whole "If you don't have anything nice to say; don't say it at all." From all directions it seems like the team's done an excellent job with things in pretty much every possible way, but that doesn't mean "incidents" won't occur.

10. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

Goodluck Carnivol, I just hope it doesn't wind up being a 'we don't have any original copies left so we can give you a reprint version instead' situation

11. Fonzie

Fonzie Peppy Member

Of course its possible. People get exactly what they have paid for. Nothing cheap here, no worries.

If you contacted WM three times using the contact form on the website, you got three answers for 100% SURE, there is no way a mysql request is unreliable three times like that. I suggest you try using a different email next time you contact.

We got some issues with spanish email provider before, as well as @163 emails, but there might be several others providers which are doomed as well.

Take care and thanks for your patience.
    Fonzie

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  12. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

I guess Fonzie works for Water Melon? maybe he should just send Carnivol a PM here and go the extra mile to help

13. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

got my Pier Solar reprint, very nice packaging etc, glad to finally have it!

14. Twimfy

Sweet that must mean mine isn't far away either, double public holiday here doesn't help.

15. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

I got mine either Friday or Saturday, not 100% sure. Wanted to perform a modification to my Model 2 before I started playing it this summer.

16. Twimfy

Nothing here yet. :/

17. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

I dumped my cart last night for the sake of backing it up. The game is good, a bit on the hard side, I need to grind a bit

18. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Is it an actual working dump? From what I hear it's supposed to not be possible to get it working. Not easily anyway.

19. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

as far as I can discern the dump is complete, game does not work in any available emulator though (not surprising)

20. Twimfy