Pier Solar cracked any chance of a FW update to allow ED users a chance to play?

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by atreyu187, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atreyu187

atreyu187 Intrepid Member

If you find looking at something makes you content so be it but that isn't for everyone, and besides did you not read I tried the demo and bought the cart? And I have no problems spending the cash if it is worth it but Beggar Prince was utter shite and a waste of cash. So excuse me of being weary of blindly spending cash. All systems now days have demos to try and back in the day we had demo disc to try it before you buy it and that has always been my motto except when I bought Beggar Prince as I blindly bought it to find out it was utter trash and a waste of time and money. You are welcome to your assumptions but what you say and what really goes on it two totally different things. I am a mod at Underground-Gamer where the ROM was released and as soon as I found out there was a demo of this game it was immediately removed and added to our wiki that it and an of the Super Fighter team games are off limits. And i am no pirate i buy my games like the next guy and would happily show you even just my dreamcast collection over 300 strong with every homebrew title ever made for it as i got to try before i buy it so please keep your assumptions as just that.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. lnx64

lnx64 Robust Member

Not trying to sound rude, but if you own the game, why not play it from the cartridge they produced?

Throughout this thread, it almost looks like your story in this thread changed at least 3 times now. :sorrow:

3. brendand

brendand Fiery Member

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Di[/FONT]​
    Did someone say a demo ??? where ? i like the idea of try before i buy i just want to see if it works on my Blaze handheld if it does it almost certainly means it works on my Blaze Megadrive that takes carts and then i will buy the game

4. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Fail. If you own the cart, give up the rom to us so we can play on our everdrives instead.

5. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Backups serve a legitimate purpose.

6. atreyu187

Well i would play it from their cart but i ordered it yesterday if you look at the thread start date. So when it arrives i will being playing it from their cart. And i was told the cd does more then enhance the audio so im excited to see how that ties into the cart. And my story did change three times.

1 asked about rom support
    2 tried demo and ordered cart only
    3 noticed seller had the version with pressed cd so i changed my order to the full reprint

I even grabbed the soundtrack off the site with the dummied out data as i was told model 1 systems sometimes have trouble keeping up and to see if it worked with the demo which as far as i can tell there is no way to test that out.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  7. veganx

veganx Dauntless Member

Because piracy is OK only with huge corporations.

Hail the Demo!

[​IMG]

8. G0dLiKe

G0dLiKe <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

9. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

worth noting the demo is an early build, not really a timed demo of the finished product

10. brendand

brendand Fiery Member

I tried to download the demo it says > We are currently working on the file servers. We apologise for any inconvenience caused

11. G0dLiKe

G0dLiKe <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

only demo available to my knowledge.

12. p1pkin

p1pkin Active Member

its kind of alive, game is four year old, and I think all who want have/play that game already buy it. also game protection (and/or emulator detection) not fully understood so for now available only begining of the game, just like in demo, but not so HORRIBLE as demo version was.

and btw, I think that fact game was dumped have good benefits for authors - more people know about it and order it (just like atreyu187 did)

привет (почти)землякам :)

13. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

He bought the game after trying the demo (which was after the original post) - hence the story changing, because the situation had changed.

Also, the game has not arrived yet since he ordered, hence he cant play it yet.

This happens, its called life. Nothing is static.

14. atreyu187

Yes cuz it was a poor move on my part to ask about it but I'm going to post some pictures of all of my homebrew games that I've actually purchased see you all don't think I'm just a filthy pirate I have deleted it from my hard drive and also our game I have deleted it from my hard drive and also our game tracker so I no longer h so I no longer have that but I will gladly link you to the demo that I have for free

15. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

the technical info on 'how' they dumped it was interesting

16. atreyu187

[​IMG]

Just to show you all I not just a filthy pirate, I thoroughly support the homebrew devs every chance I can get and really had intentions of try before you buy. If that isn't enough I will happily show my hundreds of other legal games but I thought it would be best to post my homebrew games. I lent my brother my Sega CD homebrew Good Deal games otherwise I would have posted that. But I will post some pics of my playing my new Pier Solar when it arrives. Looking back it was in bad taste but I didn't mean it in a way to play without buying it as we are lucky to have devs like Watermelon, Good Deal Games, NG-Dev, Senile, and Red Spot publishing doing games for our beloved systems that were thought to be done forever after official support was dropped so my hats off to you guys. I also do alot of work with the TOSEC project to help the preservation of our precious past titles as seen HERE.

And I am happy to be a part of the Geist Force project by purchasing this game Kevin was so nice to preserve for us as well.

17. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  18. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

link?

19. TPSNT

TPSNT Rapidly Rising Member

20. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Good for you. I'm in the minority here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.