Pier Solar cracked any chance of a FW update to allow ED users a chance to play?

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by atreyu187, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atreyu187

atreyu187 Intrepid Member

So this game has finally been cracked and can be played in the mess emulator. Will there be an update to our carts to allow us to play? I have wanted to buy the game but I am a father and can't blindly drop hundreds of dollars on something i know nothing about nor played. Thanks to your cart i have been able to try every game before i buy so i know my cash is well spent though i also respect the developers of this game and would like to support it but beggar prince stopped me from blindly spending loads of cash on a game i have yet to play as i saw it as a big disappointment and has ceased me buying any new Super Fighter produced game till i play it first hand.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

No. The creator is a member here, so please take your piracy talk elsewhere...

3. Teancum

Teancum Intrepid Member

My understanding is that the Everdrive MD was never capable of playing Pier Solar because of size being the first problem. Also Pier Solar is still in production so talk of pirating it shouldn't be done here. How ever it may be possible with the Mega Everdrive.

4. atreyu187

I didn't intend to pirate as I said I wanted to try but I found out there is a DEMO out there so I don't need this anyhow now as that is more then enough for me. I am happy that they did this as I was hoping that the Super Fighter team would have released a demo before I wasted my cash on that game, that being beggar Prince as I didn't like it at all and I played all the way through.

Sorry if I offended it wasn't my intentions as I had no idea there was a demo but a member here sent me a PM telling me of this demo. I am proud to say I just bought the reprint from eBay after testing the game for only 30 minutes as it seems my type of game. Here is the copy I bought from the same seller that sold me Gun Lord and Fast Striker!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIER-SOLAR-...2398?pt=DE_PC_Videospiele&hash=item3f1679102e

And to the dev and Watermelon team thanks for giving one of my childhood favorites a fresh breath of life, cheers to you!! And might I ask who the developer here is? I would like to send them a thanks once my copy arrives in a few days, but does anyone know if the CD side is being sold in the reprint run? I can only find the first run from 2008 for about $500 with the CD. I don't need a first run I get games to play not to collect dust.

EDIT

Never mind I just noticed the seller has the reprint with the CD for $8 more so I am trying to message him to see if I can "trade" and pay the difference. It is an amazing idea to have the Sega CD side to enhance the soundtrack. To my knowledge this is the only game to take advantage of this and with it being 64megs I expect to waste hours on this game.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIER-SOLAR-...1664?pt=DE_PC_Videospiele&hash=item4168afbc20

Under $100 guys you can't beat that with a stick! The cart only can be had at tototek for $50 but no CD add on so grab it now while you can.

5. Greg2600

Greg2600 Resolute Member

Of all emulators it was cracked for MESS?

6. BM-Viper

BM-Viper <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

7. atreyu187

Didn't know that but I have already spoken with the eBay seller and got my order switched around so I will have the CD add on as well. But it is far cheaper on tototek at $50 over $69 plus $35 for the soundtrack. I still feel good about paying about $100 shipped for this game as it looks amazing.

8. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

You also know the cd is available as a free download from watermelon right? It does enhance the sound a decent bit

9. atreyu187

I didn't see it for free download but I did see them selling it.

10. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

Sorry, but I will not make any adaptations for pier-solar, cuz this project still alive. I respect people who still develop something for genesis, I don't want to hurt them.

11. cyberguile

cyberguile Dauntless Member

There's a big difference between Beggar Prince, a super crappy chinese rpg from the 90s translated in english and Pier Solar, a super duper awesome rpg made by true megadrive and videogame enthusiast as an hommage to their beloved system so... trust me, you can buy it.

12. veganx

veganx Dauntless Member

So Watermelon is the cheapest place to buy this game?

I saw some people talking at other forums that they got it for $50 instead of $69.
    Any idea?

13. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

14. veganx

veganx Dauntless Member

Thanks, Krikzz :)

15. keropi

keropi Familiar Face

yeah thanks too, ordered it!

16. veganx

veganx Dauntless Member

Just found out that there's a reprint edition with portuguese text. The tototek version is german, french and english.

I'll search for that one, if I find it for sale I'll post here.

Just found that the watermelon version is the one carrying portuguese text.

Final edit: Ordered including the expensive soundtrack but what can I do? it's awesome :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  17. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

18. atreyu187

Thanks for the soundtrack and as I stated the demo was more then enough to get mt drooling so I went and got it and i am awaiting it now.

19. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

just fyi, the cd adds more than just cd-audio background, it also adds some additional ambience in certain areas based on distance from the origin of the sound

20. television2000

television2000 Rising Member

This is rather disturbing. I find it REALLY hard to believe that in todays Youtube gameplay,unpacking vids and the mass retro gaming reviews this game had. Add to that an official forum to support the game, you still have no idea about it yet ?

Sorry but I feel like your asking someone to justify or encourage you to pirate this game.
    It's for a retro console released in 1988. All of us who grew up in that period (even after) can afford a
    50~80usd for a game. So now a new PS3/360 game that costs this much is ok but a retro console is not ?

I don't have the game nor I speak for the community or the people who made it.
    But If a luxury/entertainment item cost too much for you, it's not for you I guess. Still with your reasoning, better check where your money priority is before you ask for a handout or something.

P.S. That goes for any game btw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.