PCE/TG16 HuCard Everdrive...

Discussion in 'Turbo Everdrive' started by goombakid, Mar 6, 2011.

1. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

Got mine and seems to work fine. I had some of those issues and it not playing talespin or roms I just patched. Though discovered that full rom set I had for some reason everdrive didn't like some of those roms so downloaded from different sites and those worked fine. Oddly for talespin only a hacked rom would work. So anyone having issues again download a different version of the rom you have or from a different source and check date modified to make sure your not downloading the same one. But honestly like the everdrive 64 works fantastic another great flash cart. Btw using pc engine duo.

Btw must sat stone age gamer packed it very well and the slip cover was a great addition.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. duo_r

duo_r Active Member

This sounds like a problem with a weak 5V source, this could be corrected if the 5v line went staight to the 7805 regulator. This is why it is better to put the RGB mod inside the PCE.

3. duo_r

duo_r Active Member

Here is my everdrive:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here it is in action:

[​IMG]

And a rendering of the cover for the case:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. haynor666

haynor666 Spirited Member

Woulb be better to buy some chep PC Engine game with second edition boxes like Momotary densetsu II or even bigger like populous.

5. Mamejay

Mamejay Robust Member

Just got my Turbo Everdrive. What an amazing piece of hardware. Works perfectly so far with everything I have thrown at it.
    Well done Krikzz

6. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Peppy Member

My PAL Turbo Grafx 16 arrived today, maybe I'll acquire an NTSC unit in future. Still waiting for my everdrive, so I need a new SD card. Nearly every feedback comment on micro sd cards I've read on Amazon mentions suspected fake ffs.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  7. Trenton_net

Trenton_net AKA SUPERCOM32

I wouldn't buy a bare unit, but I'd totally buy a deluxe unit from Stone Age Gamer. That is, provided it has the Japanese artwork and labels posted in the preview picture, and not the US TG16 labels.

8. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Peppy Member

My Everdrive has arrived. Now to test it.

Edit: Used on PAL Turbo Grafx 16. Only tested a few so far. Pac-Land, Parasol Stars and Magical Chase. They all seem to work without any problems, will try more later.

Thanks Krikzz for another excellent Everdrive.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  9. wilykat

wilykat Site Supporter 2013

Just got it today from Stone Age Gamers. Was worth 25 minutes of cursing at the broken checkout page when the payment server broke on PayPal payment.

10. Segata Sanshiro

Segata Sanshiro speedlolita

Got mine today.

Great product!

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  11. dutch

dutch Spirited Member

Damn, I just did what I was afraid for ever since I noticed that tiny, fragile switch on the turbodrive ........ yep, I broke it off when switching to TG-16. Bummer! Now I can only use the card on my PAL, unmodded Turbografx, which means that I will have to perform a RGB mod on it one of these days. Fortunately that is pretty straightforward.

My bad, clumsy hands.

12. antinull

antinull Rising Member

dutch, i am sure you can replace the switch

13. goombakid

goombakid Spirited Member

Just the little nub on the switch, or the whole switch fell off? I'm sure it's just a simple SPDT switch, however finding the right size for the area is another story.

Of course, you could always just region mod your other console, call it good.

14. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

15. pngo

pngo Newly Registered

why do this look sold out everywhere? I have the snes and md ones and would be glad to get the turbo version for my pces.

16. dutch

dutch Spirited Member

Goombakid, you are my hero ...... at least, for the evening. :) Thanks to your comment I suddenly remembered that my PC engine already has the Region mod (next to the RGB mod). Never used it because I only have Japanese Hucards, so I forgot completely about the mod. Oops. But now my 'forever TG16' Evedrive is sitting in my region mod PC engine, set on TG, playing games in RGB colors. And as a bonus I do have the nice 60Hz speed back again. I'm a happy man now. No need to repair the everdrive anymore, neither do I have to RGB mod my Pal Turbografx with it slow 50 Hz gameplay.

By the way, I only broke the little nub off.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  17. goombakid

goombakid Spirited Member

Um, no problem, I guess. ;)

If anything, and if you really tried, you could just use a pin or something to move that switch...or go the extreme route and remove the switch altogether and solder a jumper and make it PCE only. But it's great you have it region modified. Both my TG16 and PCE Duo have the region mod. RGB mod later when I can plan a universal box for all my old consoles.

18. StoneAgeGamer

StoneAgeGamer Intrepid Member

Turbo EverDrive with smoke plastic circuit area cover. Board has not been coated in black vinyl coat yet, but I figured everyone would want to see something ASAP.

Click to enlarge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. SeymorOnion

SeymorOnion Member

The smoky black plastic cover looks sweet!
    Thanks for posting pictures of it.

20. StoneAgeGamer

StoneAgeGamer Intrepid Member

Surprisingly they fit in your rubber sleeves still. Tight fit, but they do fit.