PC to SCART Video Connection

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by Kyoto, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Kyoto

Kyoto Active Member

So this my hurdle for the meantime. I'd like a nice crisp SD video running from PC to my TV.
    It is a PAL television model, NTSC compatible? I'm not sure.

- The PC has a video card that allows connection out for: DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI (VGA adapter)
    - The Kenzei adapter is being used to convert the VGA to SCART.
    - The Television has SCART and S-Video sockets.

Here is the Kenzei, lovely piece of kit, connected with the VGA cables running:
    [​IMG]
    Here is the television along with the connectors at the back:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So the setup is: DVI/VGA from PC is going to the Kenzei, SCART from Kenzei going to Television, I have been able to mess around with the Video Card settings, I've tried various PAL/NTSC resolutions, Hz, interlaced, etc with no luck.
    [​IMG]
    What I can't change with this video card refresh rate (currently 31khz or so) which might be causing the issues as seen in the video below. According to other members using a Video Card that can output at 15KHz instead of this one might solve the issue, however we are not certain.

I was thinking about using a video card like this as it supports the 15khz refresh rate: http://www.ultimarc.com/avgainf.html

Here is a video showing how the 3rd monitor (TV) appears with a video running on VLC, different results depending on the video card settings on windows: https://vid.me/LO2R

Does anyone have any solutions or know what the issue may be?

2. zoinknoise

zoinknoise hectic danger days

it really sounds like your TV must have a standard PAL signal, and your current video card plus the Kenzei isn't giving it the signal it wants.

i would still recommend an inexpensive scan converter; it will take VGA input and output S-video/composite, which of course you can wire right into a SCART connector. no need for the Kenzei or another video card.

the resulting PAL signal won't be RGB, but since you are using a CRT television it will still look very nice in S-video.

3. Kyoto

Kyoto Active Member

Thanks, yes I'll have to find a converter that is 50hz compatible at least, if I could find that in the meantime it would be great and not too expensive.

The scart setup is still something I'd like to complete after going through all this setup.

4. Kyoto

Kyoto Active Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015