[PC] Silent Hill: The Arcade - PLAYABLE on Windows! + tutorial

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by SILENT_Pavel, Feb 8, 2014.

1. William

William Newly Registered

Thanks for ur demulshooter, it works well but the game still crashing every time loaded. K lite alao can't install well. The movie video don't play else. The program it said a problem caused it to stop working correctly@should close it. No error listed. Bad ROM.

2. William

William Newly Registered

I already install the demulshooter, it works good! But my ksha no cursor exe still cannot work well...crashed always. Didn't I'm lost something? Why my game still crashing? The cutscene also not seem.

3. argonlefou

argonlefou Member

Unfortunately DemulShooter is not a solution to any problem regarding SHA game installation, it is just there to provide 2P support but the game has to work on his own before...

As for these kind of crash (error and close at cut scene), I just got it for 2 reasons :
    - when using KSHA_no_cursor.exe : the first time because I didn't have good codecs. K-lite installation was the solution and the game worked perfectly then
    - when using "Game Loader for all RH" : for debugging use to make 2P work, because of some settings (mostly when the game is not set to full screen, and with some screen resolutions). Otherwise it works perfectly

Hope it can help you

4. AkumaX

AkumaX Newly Registered

i need some help ...
    I use Win 10 / x64 / when i open KSHG_no_cursor, i got grey screen whit coins on 0 ) but no messages and i kept it like 30 mins .. nothing happens .. i got al Visual++ , DX , Drivers updated , but not run ;/ u.u someone HELP :C !

5. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Yes, it seems the game has issues with 64bit OS. I'm also waiting for a solution..

6. AkumaX

AkumaX Newly Registered

dammit ... i really want to play this amazing game :c years waiting for the release .. and now this :c !!!

7. AkumaX

AkumaX Newly Registered

adding this :
    My first launch game i got this .
    [​IMG]

then when i close my eyes in a fragment of time .. i got this and is stucked the only way out is ESC
    [​IMG]

8. argonlefou

argonlefou Member

I can say for sure it doesn't, I installed it flawlessly on my 2 computers (development and gaming), both running Windows7 64 bits.

As for win8 or 10 compatibility, that I don't know :(
    And as many software had serious issueswith them at the time it may be a reason.
    Did you try to use "compatibility mode" on the .exe ? Launch it with admin rights ? Anything like that ?

9. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Well it doesn't work with two of my Win10x64 machines. I've tried all compatibility modes and admin rights. Didn't help. I'll try on a win7x32 laptop I have and report back.
    The reason I said it has problems with x64 is because of many comments from users having issues with the game, a lot of them are running x64.

10. argonlefou

argonlefou Member

I remember seeing somewhere in this thread other users who got it working too with Windows7 x64
    My guess would be more of a Win8/Win10 problem than a x32/x64, unfortunatelly :(

nikezilla2 and americandad like this.
  11. apocal

apocal Newly Registered

Not sure why I didn't think of this sooner, but I have a Konami arcade (Lethal Enforcers 3) which is PC based. While I was thinking about backing up the hard drive, I wondered if there were other games I could swap in. Searching revealed Silent Hill and Wartran Troopers as possible options with similar gun configurations. Hence, I landed here for Silent Hill. Do I need to start with a base OS install or is this "rom" the full contents of the drive? I'm guessing I need to start with WinXP and then drop on the rom. Can anyone confirm? Anybody try swapping this into a Konami arcade and get it up and running, guns and all?

If WinXP wasn't in Japanese on my current system, maybe I could try to put both games on the one drive. I'll see if I can back up my drive first and then play with the backup...

Thanks!

12. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

This is RAW dump of all partitions, if i'm not wrong.
    http://asvelectronique.fr/Silent/

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    apocal likes this.
  13. apocal

apocal Newly Registered

Ok, I'm looking at it now. Looks like you copy this to your OS drive. When I have time, I'll pull the drive from my arcade, back it up and see if I can figure out if I can copy a second game onto it for testing.

14. d8080di

d8080di Newly Registered

how bout some one makes a video tutorial

15. Crowley9

Crowley9 Newly Registered

I tried playing this game and it went fine until I also encountered the bug where some of the enemies are invisible. Does anyone have any clues as to what might help with that?

16. nikezilla2

nikezilla2 Newly Registered

So if playing on Any version of Windows 10 the only way is Thro VM ?

17. Esppiral

Esppiral Gutsy Member

I can't download the game from those links, it asks for registration but the captha is in russian alphabet.....

18. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

Traffic limit enabled, only registered members are allowed to add file in their accounts for some time. I'll reupload it later.

19. Esppiral

Esppiral Gutsy Member

Trying to run it on Win 10 64bit all I get is this.

upload_2018-12-5_10-46-37.png