[PC] Silent Hill: The Arcade - PLAYABLE on Windows! + tutorial

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by SILENT_Pavel, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Florin

Florin Newly Registered

Thank you very much! Worked perfectly, completed it 2 times, quite entertaining.

2. garren96

garren96 Newly Registered

Couldn't download.... It says that the files which belongs to the account has been suspended, can you try to re-upload it, thank you.:)

Duke9393 likes this.
  3. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

americandad likes this.
  4. garren96

garren96 Newly Registered

5. chrisliam2

chrisliam2 Member

I got it to work and it starts up by showing me the loading screen then the game starts to load and it shows all the logos like KONAMI and after all the logos have loaded the game just crashes and says the program has stopped and needs to be closed.
    So anyone know why this might be happening ?

6. gilberd

gilberd Newly Registered

For test mode there is not ability to choose Japanese Option. Are any of the Japanese files left in the rar file provided or is there no way to play in Japanese with this repack?

7. Tonelco3902

Tonelco3902 Newly Registered

Is there anyway to play this with a controller?

8. SILENT_Pavel

Use Xpadder (or Joy2Key).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  9. Boomslangnz

Boomslangnz Spirited Member

hmm yeah doesn't work for me on windows 10 64bit. Ive tested a few different ways but I only get the security grey screen and cant ever progress any further

10. magic carpet

magic carpet Newly Registered

I'm exaclty in the same boat... :(
    Is there any way to solve the problem?

11. Jitterdoomer

Jitterdoomer Active Member

Same thing happened to me, all my PCs were upgraded to Windows 10 but I got the Grey Screen with a strange box that had the words "Credit 0, Coin 0" on it, Pavel can you make a patch for this to make it work on Windows 10 and 8 PCs? Because this download is only supported for Windows 7 PCs only and 7's mainstream support has already ended last year. I enjoyed this game back in 2014 and I would like to play it again on Windows 10! Thank you so much!

12. SILENT_Pavel

Since images on first post are broken, i've found alternative guide, that made by some other person. Maybe this will help. (open .txt with MS WordPad)

Code:
    Silent Hill: The Arcade
      ~ Basic set-up guide and tips ~

Four-step quick-start guide:

1. Unpack the archives to any location and navigate to that folder.
    	2. Run config.bat to bind a few necessary keys. This program is kind of backwards compared most key bindings menus; you must first click a key from the column on the left, and then click one of the five functions in the right-hand column to bind it to, instead of vice-versa. By the way, ESC will always quit the game, and left-click will always shoot, regardless of any additional keys you bind to these functions.
    	3. You can now run the game via one of three executables:
    	 a) "Game Loader All RH.exe" - This is the "default" choice, and will launch the game with a custom crosshair cursor for your mouse, in place of a lightgun.
    	 b) "KSHG.exe" - This will launch the game with the same mouse control support, but no on-screen cursor. Useful if you want to play the game with a Wiimote (info on this below).
    	 c) "KSHG_no_cursor.exe" - In my experience, and totally counter-intuitively given the "no_cursor" part in the filename (don't bother trying to swap the filenames of KSHG.exe and KSHG_no_cursor.exe; the game will crash), this appears to launch the game with a default Windows cursor of some sort (in my case, a constant spinning "loading" cursor).
    	4. Hopefully, the game should now boot right up. It's set to freeplay, medium difficulty, so just use your P1 Start key to begin the game. Click on the monsters until they die. Have fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional notes:

- You can use your Service/Test keybinds to access the operator menu and change some basic in-game settings, such as difficulty and violence level.
    - As of now, no Player 2 support, to my knowledge. Sorry!
    - If you're familiar with using a Wiimote in conjunction with GlovePIE, you should be able to use the script included in GlovePIE.txt to play the game using a Wiimote controller like a lightgun.
    - If you would like a higher-visibility crosshair, there is an alternate one included. Navigate to the game directory, and then the "sv" subfolder, and just swap the filenames of "CrossHair.cur" and "CrossHair.cur_". Vice versa to switch it back. The larger crosshair could be useful if you're playing the game with a Wiimote and sitting further away from the screen.
    - I wouldn't recommend bothering with the "Game Loader Config.exe" app. It's written entirely in moonrunes, and it doesn't seem to offer any particularly useful options that we can't easily set manually by just tweaking the game's ini files in a text editor.
    - The game/loader creates two folders in your Appdata folder: "bemani_config" and "Game Loader All RH." If for some reason you need to delete the small amount of config data they create, that is where it is stored. The path for your Appdata folder is:
    	In Windows 7  - C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\
    	In Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\
    - The game is designed to run at 640 x 480, in a 4:3 aspect ratio. No true widescreen support is available. You can force a different display resolution, but this results in various problems: the FMV cutscenes end up totally out of proportion, and I've encountered numerous other glitches, like the whole screen being off-center, and the entire game running in slow motion. Some custom resolutions have caused the game to fail to boot entirely. Furthermore, increasing the display resolution doesn't actually seem to result in the game looking any sharper; I suspect that the internal 3D framebuffer renders at the same resolution regardless of the output resolution, similar to unpatched Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition.
    - If you would still like to use a different display resolution, the best way to do this is by editing a few lines in the "TTX.ini" file. Open TTX.ini and find these lines (near the bottom):
    	ForceDisplaySize = 0
    	DisplayMode = 1
    	DisplayWidth = 1280
    	DisplayHeight = 1024
    And change them thusly:
    	ForceDisplaySize = 1
    	DisplayMode = 0
    	DisplayWidth = <desired horizontal resolution>
    	DisplayHeight = <desired vertical resolution>
    To change the game back to it's default resolution settings, just change these two lines:
    	ForceDisplaySize = 1
    	DisplayMode = 0
    Back to:
    	ForceDisplaySize = 0
    	DisplayMode = 1

A few things to try if the game isn't working:
    - Try running the executables in compatibility mode (right-click -> Properties -> Compatibility tab; try setting the compatibility mode to Windows XP), and/or running them as an administrator (right-click -> Run as administrator).
    - Make sure you have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package installed.
    - If the FMVs aren't playing properly, try installing something like the Combined Community Codec Pack (www.cccp-project.net) or the K-Lite Codec Pack (www.codecguide.com) to ensure that you have all the necessary video codecs installed.
    - I've never had any trouble running the game from any location on my harddrive, but if it's having problems, you might try moving it close to the root directory, something like C:\SHTA or what have you, just in case.

Have fun!

Attached Files:

americandad likes this.
  13. Jitterdoomer

Jitterdoomer Active Member

As for the guide about the compatibility thing and Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Package installation, will this fix the issue to run the game on 8 and 10? Because I tried the compatibility thing and it took me to a strange grey box screen and the game cannot continue to boot.

14. GAMER4EVER

GAMER4EVER Newly Registered

I'm having the same problem too!
    I have ffdshow and k-lite codec but I get a grey screen when run with compatibility windows 7.

15. MrMario2011

MrMario2011 Robust Member

Had no idea this was even a thing until now :eek:

Thanks for this, will have to try it out later!

16. argonlefou

argonlefou Member

Hi guys ! Thanks so much for this guide, I didn't know about this game ! :)

I worked a little on it, and managed to make 2P buttons to work (thanks to a post 2 or 3 pages back) AND to control 2P target so it is possible to play this game with 2 Guns (supporting rawinput mode, like Aimtrak for sure, and maybe EMS top gun or act labs gun)
    I already made a software for this kind of memory hacking for Demul emulator, I just have to add it in a clean way so it can be used easily :)

nikezilla2 and SILENT_Pavel like this.
  17. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Same.
    So what did you do?

18. Duke1993

Duke1993 Newly Registered

Hi, I'm new here. I'm Silent Hill's fans! I'm saw this aarticles and I want Silent Hill Arcade on my laptop window 7 home basic. Here I want find somebody help solve some problems for this game installed on my computer. I can read some Japanese, some words can't understand. Can reply me when see this problem? Appcrash and system errors, bad ROM and can't configure the play button in game menu. Now can't open the game once. Corrupted.

Attached Files:

19. Duke1993

Duke1993 Newly Registered

Now the game can't open with these problem.....

Attached Files:

20. argonlefou

argonlefou Member

Here is the software (zip file joined to this message) to play Silent Hill with 2Players
    You'll find a README insite with all needed details (and more here : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149714.0.html)
    But to make it short :

- Download, unzip
    - Run DemulShooter.exe, a GUI will be launched
    - Select your Guns (if compatible !), then on "Silent Hill" tab set P1 and P2 keys (it's the same thing as the original "config.bat" but more userfriendly for player 2)
    - Save and close
    - Run Demulshooter with this cmdline : demulshooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=sha
    - Run KSHA_no_cursor.exe and enjoy
    OR
    - Run by the launcher "Game loader ALL Rh" after disabling "enable hotkeys" in the configuration utility (or the game will pause when you'll manually reload with a right-click)

Note : Aim will be totally off in SERVICE menu, it's ok...do not calibrate it will be fine in game

Attached Files:

SILENT_Pavel likes this.