[PC] Silent Hill: The Arcade - PLAYABLE on Windows! + tutorial

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by SILENT_Pavel, Feb 8, 2014.

1. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

Sorry, but i'm not developer of this loader or anything about SH Arcade. All the requests and discussions about software update should be directed to japanese (?) semi-anonymous arcade loader developes on their japanese website homepage, i guess somewhere... (pretty hard to find source links, they don't speak english at all, and their homepage based on something like japan 'facebook' clone or something).

Duke9393 likes this.
  2. ShadowTheWolf

ShadowTheWolf Newly Registered

Downloaded K-Lite and That silverlight pack. It works fine. Only thing I wish was if they had a reload button

3. phjon87

phjon87 Newly Registered

Just tried extracting these files together with 7zip but Silent Hill Arcade file 002 archive gives me a message saying "cannot open file as archive". Why me -_-

4. SILENT_Pavel

Used 7-zip 9.20 stable release, archive packed with LZMA (first one) algorithm (you need 2+ core of CPU minimum for unpacking this, i guess), also you can delete and try to redownload, maybe i will post MD5 later. Unpacking always must start with *.7z.001 file, not 002 (.002 will unpack automatically after .001).

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  5. cole89

cole89 Newly Registered

hi all !! thank you very much for this great release !! I tried it on w7 x64 . 4770k, msi z87 g45, gtx 770 and it's working great without any glitches!! i appreciate a lot ! I hope that in the future it could be playable with another player . i found out that the key config file is stored in c:\CURRENT USER\appdata\roaming\bemani_config\sha_v01.cfg . but, hehe , i would like to understand where to put hands . i believe that, at least if the game expects it, maybe it could be edited with an hex editor, if this version expects another player . i don't know :( thanks again btw!

PS: MH! player 2 controls can be set on blank entries below 1P keys. the problem now is to AIM with player 2 . if i'll find a solution i'll post it

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  6. rick101

rick101 Newly Registered

Hi, new to this site. Looking for a way to convert original SH cabinet with regular pc ? can anyone help?

thanks

7. Sirtommy

Sirtommy Newly Registered

8. laserlie 322

laserlie 322 Newly Registered

Hey, I see that this thread is pretty much dead, but if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit and this just refuses to play! I've played so many things on this, so I have no idea why this is giving me so much grief!! As soon as a video's supposed to play, it crashes! :'(

9. t3fury

t3fury Newly Registered

First i would like to say good work on this, the only problem i'm having is on the part where just after you first fight PYRAMID HEAD after the cut scene i carry on blasting my way through the corridors until i hit a certain one with loads of nurses i blast my way through them but all of a sudden a enemy i cannot see continues to attack me, this only happens in that one corridor on every single play through and i tried changing the codecs still had the same problem.

To others having problems
    I booted the game got to the title screen and it just crashed, i installed K-lite codec mega pack and it still crashed i then downloaded the Vid fix pack and installed that and it worked perfectly without the need to change any setting i use "Game Loader All RH.exe" to boot the game and it works flawlessly until that corridor with the unseen enemy. Been a programmer myself i already had visual studio 10 C++ installed so i cannot say if this has any bearing on getting this game to work.

My specs
    Windows 7 x64 ultimate
    8GB DDR3 Ram
    AMD FX 4100 3.6Ghz Quad core processor
    Asus AMD HD 7770 2GB edition

10. Lotus Prince

Lotus Prince Newly Registered

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who got this running, got the audio fixes working, the motion controls, etc. I cannot believe what a job everyone did on this game!

The only thing I'm curious about is whether it's possible to reach the joke ending on this emulated version. If so, then how can it be done? I tried beating the game with the good ending and immediately starting a new game, but the UFO's didn't show up. IS it possible, or do I actually need to use a Konami card on the actual arcade machine?

11. dakidski

dakidski Retro Gaming Denmark

Will this ever see a regular release on any other platform? If so, I'll wait for that.

12. rewak

rewak Peppy Member

This is it's regular platform, this isn't emulation, the game is native to PC. It's the same for most arcade games now.

13. shawnsdada

shawnsdada Member

No

It's an arcade release. Not a PC release. You can't call it a PC release because that's what the arcade cabinet used. Yes it's running off a PC running XP embedded, but you can't just go buy it somewhere to download and install on your PC without issues can you? No you can't. So it's not a PC release, it's 100% arcade.

WOW

14. Icy

Icy Newly Registered

it seems i can't open the .002 file, the .001 one works fine to extract though. any help please?

15. SILENT_Pavel

This is multipart 7-zip archive. You don't need to open .002 file.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  16. Icy

Icy Newly Registered

i know, but it doesn't get auto-extracted either.

17. SILENT_Pavel

Something wrong on your side. Anyway here is mirror of the repacked archives in standard zip format and without parts:

SilentHill The Arcade.zip - 1,76 GB
    https://yadi.sk/d/vq75jgpXdufRd

SHarcadeVidSndFix.zip - 1,01 GB
    https://yadi.sk/d/aB00lbjcdufRb

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  18. 0zzy

0zzy Newly Registered

Hi all, i can play partially with modified video. But when i enter the ospital, and decide to go straight, after a few nurses and Worms, game crash..someone have the same problem?

19. ShadowTheWolf

ShadowTheWolf Newly Registered

Hey, so I can't get it to run. I used to be able too, I followed all the directions step by step. When I launch I get a grey screen with some numbers and a large white box with a line in it and the credits and coins icons underneath it. Help? I run Windows 8

20. Goth78

Goth78 Newly Registered

Hi all! I got everything ready but when I tried to play, a black screen came out with a strange white box some numbers at the top left and below the box it said " credits s = 0" and "coin s = 0" I have configured buttons but only ESC worked which closed the screen. Any help please? I am on windows 8! Thanks