[PC] Silent Hill: The Arcade - PLAYABLE on Windows! + tutorial

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by SILENT_Pavel, Feb 8, 2014.

1. SILENT_Pavel

SILENT_Pavel Gutsy Member

[​IMG]

okay, firstly credits and source links:
    Very first lossless raw unplayable HDD dump release by peronmls/spotting users here: http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=657016
    Then game files was somehow set up to work with KSHG/Game Loader All RH by this spanish guys here: http://insertmorecoins.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/nueva-release-jugable-silent-hill-the-arcade/
    arcade game loader is made by some chinese/japanese(?) guys, i don't know their homepage or names/nick names, but they are doing good software, too bad without english support, but anyway thanks them for their work

Download the game:
    Tested, repacked and reuploaded by me here (content of source archive is not changed, no password):
    https://yadi.sk/d/vq75jgpXdufRd

SH Arcade video scenes sound fix (optional)
    https://yadi.sk/d/aB00lbjcdufRb

Installation and settings:

• 1. unpack in root of hard disk, no external files requirement, all included in archive. (perhaps you need to install k-lite codec pack)

• 2. start config.bat and chose five buttons, for example set it to keyboard number buttons 1,2,3,4 and 5. Yes, we will really need "service" and "test" buttons too. But you can't set controls to player 2, i don't know how to do it. Mouse will work automaticly anyway, ECS button is exit of the game, even if you don't set this. Also:
      Right click mouse - is a pause, then click left mouse button to unpause
      space bar - rapid mouse fire on/off (kinda turbo button/cheating)

• 3. Game Loader All RH.exe/KSHG_no_cursor.exe - playing with default 640x480 and default loader settings;

- good about 480p:
      - - all the video cut-scenes are correct size and good looking
      - - 480p is 4:3, so the game anyway will force 4:3 mode, you can set up your display monitor to 4:3 mod too, will look cool on CRT monitor.

- bad about 480p:
      - - in-game text font and picture quality is extremely low and dirty pixel looking (on LCD)

• 4. my custom settings for 720p and more, start "Game Loader Config.exe/KSHG_no_cursor.exe" and do exactly this:
      [​IMG]
      if you want different resolution than this, you can replace all "1280x720" to any your resolution, but be careful, don't replace all of the numbers, not all of them is resolution settings.

- good about my settings 720p:
      - - Best possible (i hope so) quality of in-game font text on big LCD monitor and a little better 3d graphics (not much better)
      - - more stable fps then on default settings (look on screen upper, i was changing some... from "old" to "new" dot with something... thing, idk, but it works more stable)
      - - fps timer is disabled

- bad about my settings 720p:
      - - videos and cut-scenes are glitchy, they will play not good (worst, then on 480p), you can't see videos clearly on high resolutions.
      - - If you have Low-Spec PC System (portable pc), maybe game will lag, maybe not. need more tests
      - - anyway game running in 4:3 only, so it's will not looks great on widescreen

• 5. in-game settings. After video and buttons settings start the game with "Game Loader All RH.exe/KSHG_no_cursor.exe", then anytime press "service/test" buttons and select "GAME OPTIONS", then you can set "VERY HARD" and less health, cos game is too easy, then press SAVE and EXIT, then press GAME MODE to restart the game and play with selected settings.
      [​IMG]

• 6. about in-game videos. Yes, there is no sound in the videos, download "video scenes sound fix" upper, or you can do this without downloading fix (not recommended):
      - launch DSFMgr.exe
      - then select ffdshow Video Decoder
      - enter Filter settings
      - and turned all the video formats disabled to libavcodec

• 7. Emulating pc mouse with wiimote. Use GlovePIE tool and this script: http://glovepie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=312#p1132
    Also, i have made custom crosshair, that located in SHacrade/sv - .cur, replace it for better view from distance http://rghost.ru/52299596

my screens (press print screen button in-game to do screens):
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Troubleshooting
    this info for all users, who have problems

ALL of my own PC's (even notebooks, mostly 32 bit win7) working perfect with it! So, i don't know how to fix something cos i don't see any troubles to get this loader running 'out of box', but here is some usual tips for more clear tests:

• play with default settings and resolution (your monitor need to have support 480p)
    • Try to start game from both methods: Game Loader All RH.exe / KSHG_no_cursor.exe (try it in compatibility mode and start exe with administrator right click)
    • Install this:
      - K Lite code pack
      - Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package
    • Try to install second 32bit windows OS or try game on another PC with x86 win os. (maybe will work on 64x systems)
    • install some commonly used sdk win files, drivers, library, etc, disable any antiviruses, any firewalls, etc.

Working configs:
    win7-32bit-sp1: Q6600-2.4GHz/3GB/GeForceGT-630/msi motherboard
    win-7-32bit-sp1 - ASUS-PRO50 notebook

If you trouble is not fixed anyway: well, only thing i can say SH Arcade is hardware incompatible with some pc's system specifications. It's seems like some troubles totally can't be fixed. The only way to try it on another pc over and over again until you will find one, that works - this is true solution and remember - this is not emulation.

to do list (need help with it):
    * add 16:9 support
    * add player 2 controls
    * add beautiful custom graphics filters

UPD: alternative guide: http://assemblergames.com/l/threads...-on-windows-tutorial.50161/page-8#post-865842

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  2. Fandangos

Fandangos <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

AWESOME!! Going to try it right now!

EDIT: It just crashes here when the game is about to start. Tried different settings but it's pretty hard when everything you see is "????????????"

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  3. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

Woot! What are the approximate system requirements?

4. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Probably pretty low.

5. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

The first thread linked mentions "Celeron 2.9" (GHz) and "Radeon 1300" (probably X1300) as specs for the original arcade board/machine, so yeah, pretty low.

6. SILENT_Pavel

You can play this with wiimote! Will write tutorial how to later:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiavE-DfTjw

or, for advanced users, best script here without sensor bar: http://glovepie.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=312#p1132
    also, i have made custom crosshair, that located in SHacrade/sv - .cur, replace it for better view from distance http://rghost.ru/52299596

---
    please, write more about your system specification: windows version, x86/64, motherboard/cpu/gpu/memory;
    and use default loader settings, set only five buttons and nothing else for "safe mode". don't do HD and other settings

Intel celeron 2.9
    1 gb memory
    Mother board : GIGABYTE GA-945GM-S2
    windows xp embedded SP2
    ATI radeon 1300 256 mo
    Resolution : 640*480

- all i know, tested and work good on: win7-32bit-sp1: Q6600-2.4GHz/3GB/GeForceGT-630/msi motherboard

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  7. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

This is great work done. Please feel proud.

8. rewak

rewak Peppy Member

Get the exact same problem, i get a flash of the test screen then crashes to desktop.

9. SILENT_Pavel

@rewak, your windows version, x86/64, motherboard/cpu/gpu/memory?

10. rewak

rewak Peppy Member

XP, x86, P4 2.4Ghz, GeForce 9400 GT 512mb, 2gb RAM. My computers anything but a power house but it should still be enough to run this thing. This is where it crashes out

[​IMG]

11. Devina

Devina Newly Registered

I installed K Lite, ffdshow.

My specs are Windows 8.1 64-bit, and my CPU and GPU are fine.

I run it as admin, and have tried different compatibilities, and "Run in 640x480" mode. All it does is give me a quick flash of a blue screen, sometimes my TV says "resolution not supported", then returns to the desktop. :/

12. SILENT_Pavel

I was testing by myself with default settings - working "out of box" without any errors or anything (your monitor need to have support 480p, and my pc have all libs like "Microsoft c++ bla bla bla" installed many times ago)
    i will test it on more pc's soon

idk, maybe need to install some sdk files, drivers, library, etc
    disable any antiviruses, any firewalls, etc
    use win 7 32bit/x86

from this spanish guy (google translate)
    p.s. you can also download files from source, not from mediafire (but this is the same)
    p.p.s. one user on russian forum got this working just fine on 1080p. so it's works not only for me. total: 3 people got this working

---
    okay new test on another PC!
    configuration: win-7-32bit-sp1 - ASUS-PRO50 notebook
    works good, but ONLY with KSHG_no_cursor.exe, NOT with Game loader exe
    with this loader exit from game is alt+f4

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  13. stranno

stranno Enthusiastic Member

Videos are MPEG2 so there's no need to libavcodec all options, just MPEG2. There's no audio in the video container so i guess its mixed on the way by the arcade. But i dont know how activate it on movies. I've read that changin 5.1 to stereo but in service mode > sound options there's no way to change the 5.1 option (i guess its the trigger of the second gun that is not enabled).

Working perfectly on 1080p Windows 7 64Bit. Its a pretty decent game but its so damn easy and so dark.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  14. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Got it to work by installing the k-lite pack, it crashes right before the game is about to start because of the lack of a codec. I don't know if it's the settings I have but right clicking apparently pauses the game. Right clicking again advances the game by a frame or five?

15. Wesker

Wesker Spirited Member

Is it possible to play the game windowed? The Game Loader Config settings are very confusing to figure it out.

16. SILENT_Pavel

Right click mouse - is a pause and nothing else, don't recommended to turn it on anyway
    space bar - rapid mouse fire on/off (kinda turbo button)

not possible, some settings can run the game in "windowed" mode, (loader mode 3) but with explorer.exe disabled! so, it's useless, plus game WILL freeze in windowed mode after first video, so you can't play much without fullscreen

also you can change settings in kinda of semi-english in file TTX.ini - it's contains all the settings with "????" but with chinese characters, you can view this with notepad++ and chinese/JAP character set, then translate.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  17. rewak

rewak Peppy Member

Tried the C++ pack, switching to K-Lite pack, getting the files from the Spanish blog, running each EXE, turning off anti-virus, but still everytime it kicks me back to the desktop at the Security check point, and for some reason disables my taskbars auto-hide whilst its at it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  18. jackic

jackic Member

I got the game to play audio during cutscenes but is not what you might think... I just took the youtube videos, extracted the audio and then merged those audio files with the original video files from this release (that don't seem to have any audio stream whatsoever). Also, you can convert the video and audio using any familiar codec, if the computer has it installed, the video will play just fine during gameplay.

19. mspeter97

mspeter97 Robust Member

Hey that worked!

20. SILENT_Pavel

actually you can find PCM files here:
    SHarcade/data/sound/EVENT - *.pcm
    you can rename with *.wav and do anything with it, i was trying to merge audio files with video and have no luck, game was crashed. What did you do, MPEG2 video and AAC audio or how?