PC MAME Wiimote for Lightgun

Discussion in 'Arcade and Supergun' started by erfg12, Jan 12, 2017.

1. erfg12

erfg12 Rising Member

I installed touchmote and followed this video. I have a normal wiimote with a wireless sensor bar.

Here is the issue. When I leave it on cursor mode, I can go as close as I want to the sensor bar (inches away) and it will be dead on accurate with movement and touch all edges of the screen. When I switch it to "Left Stick" or "Right Stick" and do the changes in the video, and I am close to the sensor bar (3 feet away) the reticle will not go near the left & right edge of the screen (I need to for reloading in some games). However, if I move back (8 feet away) it will reach the edge.

Is there a way I can use cursor in MAME for the reticle with touchmote? I think the issue was already reported here https://github.com/simphax/Touchmote/issues/23 as far as mouse movement goes.

Anyone get this working or use different software?

2. MrThunderwing

MrThunderwing Rising Member

3. erfg12

erfg12 Rising Member

4. bothanspy

bothanspy Newly Registered

I had all sorts of issues with Glovepie and using a normal Wii sensor bar. I finally bit the bullet and got a Mayflash Dolphin Bar and couldn't be happier. It's simple plug and play and is more accurate (at least in my experience) than pairing with Touchmote. You are limited to the four configurations, but you can use AutoHotKey as a way around that.