PC Engine + PC-E CD Recommendations

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by HEX1GON, May 30, 2015.

1. GigaDrive

GigaDrive Enthusiastic Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Terrific sequel to Military Madness.

2. mooshue

mooshue on fleek

Im fairly new to this system as well.
    Plenty of fighters for this system. If you get in the mood for walk and slash type games; Vigilante and Splatter house are my fave at the moment.
    Everdrive is still a great companion to have even if you want to collect originals. Keep those originals minty and use the ever drive + cdr for playing.
    I've seen repro duo Hu card door hinges already for purchase so wouldn't worry too much about that stuff. Just keep the pins clean and door covered when not in use.

3. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

Thanks mooshue, I'll certainly look after it. I never abuse my systems :)
    I'm a bit iffy on reproductions of anything really, but it's probably just how silly I am.

4. Celine

Celine Gutsy Member

If by fighting you mean games like Street Fighter 2, then Kabuki Ittōryōdan is the best exclusive on the system (you need the Arcade card though).
    Other Arcade card ports from Neo Geo are quite good like Fatal Fury Special and World Heroes.
    ASUKA 120% MAXIMA BURNING FEST is quite good and don't require the Arcade card.

5. Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer Active Member

The six button controller in that lot is the Avenue 6, it's an official NEC controller. Most people consider the Hori Fighting Commander PC to be the best controller.

It looks like you're well on your way to OBEY!

[​IMG]

HEX1GON likes this.
  6. xybot

xybot Newly Registered

pc engine isnt the system for fighting, but jump n runs are good, i like bonk, adventure island, liquid kids, wonder boy 3, Jackie Chan, Son Son 2 etc... :)