Panzer Dragoon Saga PC?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by Barc0de, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Barc0de

Barc0de Mythical Member from Time Immemorial

alright. I know PD:1 and 2 were released on SEGA PC CD-roms, along with Virtua fighter 1 and 2, Sonic CD, a Sonic Collection thing, Sonic R, Bug! and Bug!Two, Daytona USA( ? ) so anyone knows anything about Sega making an effort to port the one and only legend of Dragon-related-RPGs and one of my personal favourites of all time, Panzer Dragoon Saga?

If yes, is there a copy floating?

2. Anthaemia.

Anthaemia. The Original VF3 Fangirl™

Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Saga were never released for the PC, though I wouldn't be too surprised if Sega had considered porting them. Now that I think about it, could somebody provide a complete list of what exactly did appear in the SEGA PC range between 1996 and 2000? I've been trying to collect as many of these titles as I can over the years, but some (like Virtual On, BUG! and its sequel, for example) are notoriously difficult to find now as they were never reissued - unlike Sonic R, which I now own several differently packaged versions of!

Also, can anbody think of a reason why Sega never ported Virtua Fighter 3 to the PC? Could it be they were planning to simply convert the Saturn version with little or no changes, as they did with previous installments in the series? Since that never materialised, it's not exactly surprising AM2 didn't bother just releasing the Model 3 game - would most affordable computers in 1998 have been up to handling such a fantastic looking piece of software? As for a quick port of the Saturn version, that might have been more realistic, yet at the same time nothing has ever been seen of it so how can we know for sure? Since the whole SEGA PC range of this period was so reliant on (badly ported) fighting games, could the non-appearance of a Saturn version also explain why an ideal title like Sonic The Fighters was never given a chance on the PC as well?

Sorry for ranting, but it's great to know that somebody out there might share my enthusiasm for Sega's PC output!

3. Barc0de

I could have sworn i had a copy of Zwei for PC. Seriously.

4. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

I can't be certain, but I think I saw BUG! alongside a bunch of other mid 90's Sega games in a re-release series called "Xplosiv" last time I was in Toys'R'Us. I got Panzer Dragoon and Sega Rally for £2.50 new... shame they couldn't be bothered to make the games NT compatible.

EDIT: just checked the Xplosiv website, BUG! isn't there. Memory playing tricks on me again.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
  5. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

i have panzer dragoon PC :)

6. Thiago_Simoes

Thiago_Simoes Spirited Member

When the house of the underdogs was in activity, I downloaded Virtual On... not a great game, though. Probably some other titles may be easily downloaded as well. The question is... do you want the complete package? If so, good luck...

7. Barc0de

I used to have Bug!two , some sega sports titles, sonic CD, virtua fighter 1 and 2 blah blah blah and a whole lot more from SEGA PC series. I m just wondering why SEGA never made the effort to port panzer dragoon saga "as-it-is" to another platform. Seeing crappy games getting re-released one after the other, it is disapointing to see SEGA not making an extra buck from a game that really hit the spot back in the day. Retro is big nowadays anyway, so I pray someone will make sega release the game on PC or Wii.

8. Perkunas

Perkunas Intrepid Member

Sega AGES 2500
    ^^

9. Barc0de

googled SEGA AGES 2500 and came up with a ton of japanese text. What's included in 2500? o_O

10. TheRedEye

TheRedEye Robust Member

Did you install it in the same folder as your Ace Harding NES ROM?

11. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

The producer of the Sega Ages 2500 remake said he would love to remake the entire series. Whether that happens or not is a completely different story.

12. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

Home of the Underdogs is still around, although they've had to switch sites a few times and there hasn't been a recent update (www.the-underdogs.info).

A few of the Sega PC ports weren't so bad. I forget the name of it, but there was a superbike game that was pretty fun, and didn't look half bad with a 3dfx card.

13. Barc0de

Not cool. I ve got tons of games and I've played through many versions etc, it's only natural to doubt things I'm uncertain of. To say that one is under the impression he has played something doesn't make him guilty of lying or being unreliable. I've had the saturn versions and many SEGA PC games, it's only natural to confuse or to be uncertain.
    Your comment relating to Deja Vu II, on the other hand, is moot. I might have seen a version of the rom in question something like 5 years ago on warez sites etc. I honestly can't be certain if I have for sure or have not played the game, as it wasn't something that really interested me 5 years ago, and it still doesn't. Not a big Deja Vu fan.

Next time if you haven't got something useful to add, there's no need for the attitude here. Nothing personal I should add, but your sentence felt kind of offensive and ironic.

Motorbike game? MANX-TT superbike? that game wasn't half bad! Wasn't there an arcade version of it as well?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  14. Fabrizo

Fabrizo Resolute Member

Their were 2 or three high res fmv renders from PDS floating arround some years ago (could probably still find them) that I remember giving me the impression their was a version of the game for PC. And their were a ton of rumors about Zwei being ported over to PC as well back then. Sadly none of it was ever true.

Virtual On being ported to PC is news to me though.

15. Mr.saturn

Mr.saturn Spirited Member

Just wanted to add that just because a game isn't listed on Xplosiv's site doesn't mean it wasn't released by them. They did re-releases of Sanitarium and a few other old pc games that are not mentioned on their site and never have been.

Your memory may well be correct.

16. jp.

jp. Be Attitude For Gains

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei did not get a PC release.

As for Azel Panzer Dragoon RPG on PC:

If memory serves me correctly the very first Sega released "mini-OST" for Azel Panzer Dragoon did have a second disc that featured a demo of Azel Panzer Dragoon that ran on the PC. Mind you, I'm referring to the first Sega pressing of the mini-OST, not the cheap re-release by a 3rd party, not the main 2-disc album, and not the Memorial Edition. (Of course, panzerdragoon.net only lists 3 of the releases, and only one of the original game's soundtrack releases, *sigh* that site makes me sad, I don't think any of them have even figured out the PDS plot yet... -_-).

At any rate, I'll pop back on tonight after work to confirm this, supply catalogue numbers, etc.

Edit:
    Actually, I can show you a picture of the CD:
    [​IMG]

OK, on the row showcasing the Azel PD soundtracks, it is the second one from the right.

And yes, I know the original OST is missing from the picture. For some reason I left it at my parents' house. :( Only PD soundtrack I don't have ripped to my 360, though it doesn't matter because the Full Sound Version slaughters it.

17. Barc0de

demo for PC? wow, would I love to get my mits on that! PM me if anyone has anything for pushing , even if it's a copy.

18. Taemos

Taemos Officer at Arms

Yeah, that was it. It was a nice game - shame I don't have a copy. Virtual On was a pretty crappy port, though, if I remember correctly. I used to know someone that had a copy...

A demo of Panzer Dragoon Azel would be a very nice find. Keep us updated.

19. Barc0de

Used to have a SEGA compilation (pirate) CD with trimmed versions of MANX-TT, Flickie's Island, Marble Madness (the puzzle one), Sky Target (nice airplane action), a SEGA soccer game (not Virtua Striker, the other one), Virtua Fighter 2, Garfield(awesome platformer), House of the Dead (1) , Virtua Cop 2 and a few other games I can't recall from the top of my head.

SEGA PC games, most of them at least, deserve some respect as they re usualy PC ports of addictive games, MANX TT being one of them. Having said that, I m definetely on the track of finding SEGA PC games from now on.

20. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

Has anyone figured out a good way to get the older titles running well under XP? Panzer Dragoon won't run at all, and Sega Rally runs but does this speed-up-slow-down thing all the time, which makes it unplayable. VDMS doesn't help and DosBox is a hassle to get running well (I gave up last time). There's got to be an relatively easy way of doing this without needing to install an older version of Windows/scraping together an "older games" PC?