PA: Dreamcast Website [Translated]

Discussion in 'Propeller Arena' started by Roareye, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Roareye

Roareye Active Member

Hey there guys. I'm not that well known here, I used to make spreadsheets of DC widescreen codes, and that's about my only prior appearance on these forums. Lately I've been joining in the Dreamcast Online community and using my knowledge of very basic HTML code to recover, preserve and translate the Dreamcast-accessible websites for each game title. Haven't gotten hugely far, but there's plenty awaiting Kazade to redirect. I can add a list of what's done so far if anyone's interested.

Anyway onto the main point, LuizNai (Titan_Guy) suggested that I post here the restoration of the Propeller Arena website. Now please bear in mind some of it is missing artwork, this is because while I was able to locate preserved webpage files, there were literally none of the original image files available. This is likely due to the unfinished and unreleased nature of both the game and seemingly the website. It must have been visible very briefly, if only because they felt the need to do an update apologising for the game being cancelled.

So the layouts are all correct, the artwork is my interpretation of what belongs in each area based on surviving artwork seen across other sites such as IGN and a few fan sites. There are, of course, screenshots and artwork I generated by taking screen captures of ReDream emulator on my PC. The entire site will have finished artwork eventually.

There are a couple of pages I added because I felt they would eventually be added by SEGA had the game been released - Battle Arenas and Secrets. AM2 added pages revealing unlockables on their other websites, obviously where Propeller Arena was cancelled prior to launch they never got to this stage with the site.

The secrets page will be the most difficult as I don't know how to load VMS file savestates in ReDream emulator, and as I'm new to the game unlocking everything is looooong lol

One bonus piece of information is on the Network Page (Go to About The Game and then there's a link to it under Network Battle), where AM2 themselves state that Propeller Arena operates on the same system as Outtrigger. That means once Outtrigger is back online, we're a step closer to getting Propeller Arena back online too. The only downside is it also states a Participation Licence is required (you buy the licence, 300 yen for 30 days) and because the game was cancelled there's pretty much no chance anyone has whatever it is to reverse-engineer it.

Anyway that's what I've been working on. Let me know what you think. :)

http://seganet.co.uk/propellerarena/

MetalliC, FunKing, fafadou and 6 others like this.
  2. LuizNai

LuizNai Robust Member

This is awesome, thanks for all your hard work reviving Dreamcast lost websites. I can't wait to access it from the game when you finish it.

fafadou, Jord9622 and Roareye like this.
  3. wombat

wombat SEGA!

AWESOME! Great job on resurrecting the website.

Jord9622, Roareye and LuizNai like this.
  4. zouzzz

zouzzz Site Supporter 2013

Great job !

Roareye and LuizNai like this.
  5. fafadou

fafadou Enthusiastic Member

Fantastic !

Roareye and LuizNai like this.
  6. slayer2k8

slayer2k8 <B>Site Supporter 2011</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Great idea i've been steadily archiving all the sites for the Dreamcast games possible.

LuizNai likes this.