Orlando Trial: Atari Jaguar Demostration - Video Games on Demand

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by KGRAMR, Aug 9, 2017.

1. KGRAMR

KGRAMR Gaming aficionado raised by family & friends.

20289570_10156026241357080_481828991_n.png
    Ok so you may be wondering why i'm posting this VHS/DVD here (thanks to a friend of mine who took a pic of his copy)? Well, this released that happend a long time ago by Don Rogers contains footage of Atari Jaguar games shown at WCES 1995. What makes this so special? This where there's ACTUAL gameplay footage of Phear (a.k.a. Tetrisphere) as well as Conan for the system. As of date, nobody has uploaded the contents of this release on YT or any other video platform. Do you have this?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. dark

dark Dauntless Member

This video shows gameplay footage of Conan around 11:40 and perhaps its of the same expo

Keep in mind the creator of Conan has declared the game was never anything more than a very short demo. Someone on a forum once pointed out that Conan has some of the same sprites as Legend, a game for the SNES. I haven't looked closely enough at both to compare but it certainly is a similar looking beat em up

KGRAMR likes this.
  3. KGRAMR

Yes, it's from the same Expo but in actuallity the footage by Glenn Percival marks the second time the game has been shown. The VHS/DVD has footage of the game for around 20 seconds IIRC. The real show-stopper of that tape (that hasn't been uploaded by anybody on YouTube BTW) is the gameplay footage of Phear :)

4. KGRAMR

BREAKING NEWS! After so many years we finally, FINALLY have gameplay footage release of the holy grail of unreleased Atari Jaguar titles :D Hopefully, somebody who has a prototype of this title NEEDS to dump this online! Tetrisphere fan present here :)