Origins of Zelda Master Quest Debug Rom?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by link83, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Deen

Deen Active Member

Wanna upload it to mediafire or mega for posterity 's sake?

2. Black Zero

Black Zero Member

Actually I don't have to as it appears einstein95 already have on page 4, post #73

Look for this line: "I can say that this ROM is in fact the one you are looking for"

Out of curiosity I downloaded that (It's named ZELOOTMA.V64 correctly) and compared it with mine in HashCalc and the MD5, SHA-1 and CRC32 checksums match.

Although the timestamps won't be from 2003 like mine but it's certainly the real deal alright.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  3. albus95

albus95 Member

So in the last two years we have some more information?
    Has anyone able to get the original debug rom?
    So reading through this post I made my idea.
    I really think as said by someone the team that build the emulator had the soure code avaible for both oot and major mask, or it could be that oot master quest is build upon the major mask engine, that would make sanse because why nintendo have to mantain two different engine (oot and mm)? (At least in 2003 ura was arleady dead unfortunally).
    And if is this case I'm guessing if anyone have reversed enginired the 3ds version to see what codebase it use. For sure they port the game but I'm guessing that they not change the code too much, so maybye they rebuild the original mm engine (that would also make sense beacuse nintendo release both mm and oot for nintendo ds) so they, I think, basicly port the mm engine to 3ds and later released the two game. But why than realsed oot before mm?
    This beign said, I bealive that if ura zelda was a thing some debug rom of that have to exist, close inside nintendo unfortunally.
    Anyway after all is still good to had access to the debug rom.
    ALso it would be fantastic if some day some debug rom for later game would leak!