Original Splinter Cell Demo Disc (Xbox)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by miker525, Jan 24, 2016.

1. miker525

miker525 Rapidly Rising Member

Hey all,

Not too long ago a friend passed me down a demo disc for the original Splinter Cell on Xbox. I'm told he received it from a friend of his brothers who worked at MS at the time of development. Now the demo disc is compatible with retail units, so it may already be out in the wild but I figured I'd check. I took a look online to see if I could find any existing copies of the demo floating around on the web but I haven't found any. The reason I'm looking is because if this is old news and nothing exciting then I have no need to break out my old Xbox and rip the game but if this is new then it's something I'd like to share.

I've attached a picture of the disc. I haven't actually played the demo disc yet so I'm not too sure what's on it. I figure it's more likely that someone here will know about it and know whether or not it's been ripped online already or if this is something you all would like me to share.

Either way I'm interested in seeing what discussion may come from this disc :)

Cheers!

Attached Files:

Syclopse and EETFUK like this.
  2. dans87

dans87 Site Supporter 2013,14,15

i wonder if it is differnt to the OXM Splinter Cell demo's

3. reminon

reminon Active Member

Either way it's a nice piece of history. I loved splinter cell back in the day.

Syclopse likes this.
  4. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Im sure many loved it for more than just the game that it is... ;)

FederalGOKU likes this.
  5. reminon

reminon Active Member

Crazily enough, I loved splinter cell more for the game, and mech assault more for "run linux". Haha

6. miker525

So I dug through my basement and found my OG Xbox. It's not working as perfectly as I'd remembered and so I'm having some issues trying to get the demo disc to actually load. Figure someone here might have an idea on how to handle this. So I pop the game in the disc drive and go over to file manager (using XBMC). Close the drive and I get busy and then it comes back saying the tray is empty. I thought that maybe the drive was dying so I ran up to my room and grabbed some original Xbox games and all of them load up fine (with the exception of 50 Cent Bulletproof which loads as a DVD and I can't get access to the files through file manager). I'm not sure why this demo disc keeps not coming up. I'll admit that the disc has some scuffs and scratches on the bottom but I've definitely seen worse games play. Any idea how to proceed?

7. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

Might still be the drive even if other discs work. Games usually came on DVDs, that demo probably is a CD, which exercises the laser in a different way.

Do you have any other Xboxen you can try, or borrow the drive from?

8. miker525

I don't have any other XB to pull the drive from. It's definitely the drive that's going though. I noticed when backing up some other games I've picked up recently that it will fail backup and I'll need to eject and re-insert disc. It's a shame but I'm glad that most of my stuff is backed up already.

That said after backing up a few games and giving the drive some time to function I popped in the SC demo disc and had some good luck! I backed it up to my drive and booted it up real quickly. I've attached a few pictures. I didn't really play it at all other than getting into the game. I'll FTP it over to my computer either later tonight or tomorrow depending on how tired I am later. I still have quite a few games to backup before bed. I'm now worried that the next time I turn this xbox on the disc drive won't function at all so just trying to make sure I get everything done.

As far as the screen shots go, I added the main menu, the first quick loading screen and the spawn point in the first objective. In XBMC in games it appears as "Splintercelldemo Retail". Will share more later.

Attached Files:

9. miker525

10. reminon

reminon Active Member

Thank you!