Original Find

Discussion in 'Game Development General Discussion' started by Love64BitProcessors, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Love64BitProcessors

Love64BitProcessors Member

I'm sure anyone to DENY this - isn't going to NOT be happy.
    After hours of wallowing, not in self pity, but in True Boredom -
    I began a New Search : I WANTED My Fun Back!

Today's consoles or PCs are, yes, great BUT I feel as though it's a paradox
    - something 'getting lost in translation -
    I know the struggle for Nintendo - the Switch is on My Wish List. I'm excited.
    I feel as though there was the distraction caused by the CD-ROM.
    Of course the Nintendo 64 DID have a better graphics board, there was a small issue,
    gamers were 'wanting to get out of the past' - i.e. The Cartridge.
    The placement & replacement of a DISC caused a rift in the Echos of Time:
    Short cinematic clips of CGMs (computer graphics movie - at the time)
    made the ability to enjoy something, in my opinion (N64), less likely.
    I'm not going to go too deep into conspiracy theories, but maybe the
    opportunity(ies) or likelyhood of better long-term financial success (tax)
    came at the cost of LOSING a Console War. Perhaps I'm just living on myths :
    The Sony Playstation was ORIGINALLY the N64-Disk Drive / 64DD before either
    being scrapped or some other unknown reason - SCEA.
    I had my hopes SET on the new system. I remember being 12 and working so hard(!) every weekend that summer, just to save up enough ($150) for the Nintendo Console. I had to wait another month before I was able to afford a game and another two for the memory unit. I actually borrowed an older game from an old friend. I was thankful for this as I was PLAYING MY OWN 64.

2. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

No, the "Play Station" was originally a joint project of Nintendo and Sony, which was planned as either being a CD-ROM attachment for the SNES/SFC or a separate system with a CD-ROM drive and an SNES/SFC cartridge port. Someone found a prototype of the latter a while ago; there was a thread about it. That had nothing to do with the 64DD; I don't know where you got that idea.

I've read this post multiple times and can't figure out what the post is about or what its purpose is. A lot of it sounds like gibberish. I sincerely have no idea what you're trying to say.

3. Love64BitProcessors

Wow. that's ONE theory - but taking your MGS label. I wouldn't stand for this.

Before this becomes Carried Away : I'd like to point out the key word "DISCUSSION" - coming here and insulting me & being a 'here's the facts' type doesn't do more than make any talk(s) without meaning. If you DO NOT agree - then simply find a discussion you'd best contribute to - as it feels (for me at least) as though you're just roaming around - looking for a fight. Best of Luck in your future endeavors!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017
  4. la-li-lu-le-lo

la-li-lu-le-lo ラリルレロ

I'm not going to argue with you, and I didn't mean what I said as an insult. If you could clarify your original post a bit - explain more about what the overall point or message of it is - then I might have something to say about it. Otherwise, I have nothing else to say.

By the way, here's the thread I mentioned earlier: https://assemblergames.com/threads/...red-read-the-first-post-before-posting.57166/

5. Love64BitProcessors

Apology CONSIDERED - however I will not dispute the, likely, regional difference that may have cause My Verbose Nature to cause some confusion. I do NOT rely on INTERNET sources - for my information is original (print) - and I have no intentions to 're-phrase' personal thoughts put into text. Good Day.

6. retro

retro Moderator Staff Member

Your time here is going to be very short if you continue to argue.

The Play Station was a SNES CD system originally. FACT. A well-documented fact... in MAGAZINES of the time. That time being way before Nintendo 64.

[​IMG]

I've even shared images of various patents on the site before:

[​IMG]

Nobody insulted you. It was merely pointed out that you are incorrect on that point. Your post was indeed hard to read, which (along with your feeling that you were insulted when you weren't) I will put down to English not being your first language. That's fine.... it's tough to write in another language. The formatting was very odd, too, it has to be said. Write full paragraphs, and change paragraph when you change the topic.

Anyway, I've moved this to general gaming as it doesn't belong in game development, which is for discussing development.

Anthony817 and Durandal like this.
  7. Love64BitProcessors

No WONDER this Discussion Boards cannot survive. Care if I use OneNote - to have this 'quote' for later use - I wish to savor the moment - a moment where I stated "I do not wish to know your side (of this story' - funny how I've been EXPECTED to waste my time with this....
    How was it you actually came to MY POST & decided it's 'your obligation' - because I can say...that your lacking education and social edicate require a Serious Overhaul. It's OBVIOUS you're more focused on 'being right' - when I NEVER requested this flooding of useless input. If so convinced, you are, why not just keep this information - as it how (not-so) proven-valuable in your plight to beat a dead horse. Perhaps you're unaware of the unwavering attempts to fluster, but alas it is of LITTLE substance. I DID attempt to EXPLAIN the Regional Difference -had I not ?? The issue : you became flustered in My Poetic Romanticizing - I'm certain - of a long-afterthought or memory. I know the type - you SCAN - searching for someone and their post to attempt to 'correct' in hopes of appearing of superior intellect. My Point : you cannot read past, likely, the 10th grade level BECAUSE : Here I am...attempting to explain this mess in yet another & likely 3rd (THIRD - that's Three) display of My 1st Response and again the 2nd or SECOND. If you wish to continue - I'd happily set up a Voice-Conference - for OTHERS to spectate - to observe - as I would hope and for your FEEBLE attempts to : Continually Repeat useless jargon - as you would - since it's of less importance to be able to UNDERSTAND & INTERPRET the Value of Conversation. If all conversations are 'Dead End' or Closed on your part - then no-one other than yourself and your personal efforts will assist in bringing MORE light into the dark hallow of the existence you've claimed. Grab A Dictionary & lay off just approaching people, pretend this is Real-Life, and put into perspective HOW YOU MIGHT APPEAR or the IMPRESSION you would give - for this inane ramble that holds so little of value -- that its own (supposed) worth is there only reason you're here. Pester No More. I do NOT take kindly, again, to said Threats. Are you intertwined with Morality or Justice in some area where only ONE Party has say ? Wow. I'm beginning to Take Pity. Have a Beautiful Life.

8. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 Keyboard Error: Press F1 to Continue

You don't get to come here, post nonsense and then complain when people correct you.

If you want to have a "discussion" with made up facts, where no one is allowed to correct you. I suggest you stick to onenote.

Anthony817, Durandal, Digmac and 5 others like this.
  9. Love64BitProcessors

Any then there was 1. Enjoy the break, as I have, because it's a LINE filled with 'know-mores' Apology Semi-Accepted.

10. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

*Snip*

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  11. retro

Well... I really couldn't understand that, I'm afraid. Apparently, you're in the US... but English doesn't appear to be your native language.

What I do understand is that you decided to unleash a tirade of argumentative nonsense on a staff member. Bye bye!

Oh... and your clone account is gone, too.

12. americandad

americandad Familiar Face

13. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

I haven't seen rage like this around here in a long time. Maybe correcting him hurt his ego. You can't learn that way my dude.

14. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

[​IMG] Captain grammar and punctuation dishing it out full throttle folks. Don’t miss this one.

Edit: this is as good as the MEC.

15. retro

You missed a comma after throttle ;)

Durandal likes this.
  16. mairsil

mairsil Officer at Arms

Flat-earthers everywhere...

-=FamilyGuy=- likes this.
  17. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

They are all around the globe!

takeshi385 likes this.
  18. takeshi385

takeshi385 Mojarra Frita Bandit

"around" nice pun.

19. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

My joke was the globe part, but it works ;)

20. MrMario2011

MrMario2011 Robust Member

This looks like something you'd find in /r/IAmVerySmart

Users like this aren't needed here, I don't see anything insulting thrown his way.