OPS2M Demo Disc 72 - Driver Parallel Lines Late '05 Beta Demo (Download)

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by phenom, Sep 1, 2017.

1. phenom

phenom Active Member

Hey all,
    I started getting back into beta games, digging through my various demos and I came across a disc that had Driver Parallel Lines on it. I remember playing this as a kid, turns out that it doesn't seem to exist online, and I know there are a lot of Driver enthusiasts out there, so this one is for you.

This is a build from late 2005. Assets from Driv3r are still in place, early HUD, different AI (Unfinished, glitchy) etc. The folder structure within the ISO refers to the game as Driver 4. Link to download so you can play it for yourself -

https://mega.nz/#!rcNQ2bbL!NFE3QDnjKyttDhWqFf9_-ZW356Nej-VGrp5PJOZbwBU

(It is the full demo disc, so other demos are present as I can't just rip the one game and make it work, no idea how to do that :D)

(This is a standard ISO rip, burn it to a disc and use it in an emulator or normal PS2 and should be fine). I know the playthrough isn't the best, since it's just a demo. But you can see the differences between this and the finished version released in March 2006. If only we could get past those barriers to see what lurks on the other side! - And the change of soundtracks quickly is due to copyright since "David Bowie's - Suffragette City" was a major song in the game. Fixed copyright, hopefully.

Here's the video:

And here are some images of the file structure and disc/cover etc.
    http://imgur.com/a/y7M7v

Hope this will make some Driver fans happy.

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Strike or Claim
    Claim makes it impossible to monetize.
    Strike means your account has been penalized.

3. phenom

phenom Active Member

Sorry, just a claim. I had a motown song in it, so had to remove it.
    And just re-uploaded the video, and still got a claim done on it. So it's monetized, whatever. Enjoy it for what it is :)

4. TheDude

TheDude car_2dr_muscle02

I've owned the standalone demo disk since day one and well.....there's NOTHING. Manhattan is permaLOD outside the barriers and all the other boroughs are voids. I've teleported outside of the barriers using Cheat Engine while running it on PCSX2.

5. phenom

phenom Active Member

Dang. All those years of wondering, ah well, it's still a decent thing to have nonetheless.

6. Fireboyd78

Fireboyd78 Member

Woah, this is interesting! I thought we already had this demo, but it turns out yours is a European version! I'm going to look at the files once it's finished downloading. I have a tool that can extract the assets from the "DRIVER4.IMG" file, so I'm hoping there's some goodies in there we haven't seen yet! Obviously the chances of this are extremely low, but I'll take any "beta" Driver stuff any day!

Thank you so much!

UPDATE:
    Sweet, I've definitely found some goodies in here! There's 4 MAP files (stuff with function names) in here, maybe they'll even line up with the ELF for the first time ever! Once again, THANK YOU!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Amorri40 and phenom like this.
  7. phenom

phenom Active Member

Oh man that's exciting! I love Driver beta stuff, so yeah I would love to see your finds. I forgot to mention that this is PAL but I am glad you found some stuff. If it's decent enough it might go onto Driver Madness Forums :D
    I'd definitely like to see the beta model cars compared to retail in the released demo and peds etc to see any differences.
    Or I sift through the IMG file if I knew the tool and go at it my own pace hah. But I am glad I helped peak some interest!

8. MBMM

MBMM Powered by Pied Piper

Woah, this is great. I'm going to give this a shot tonight. I actually liked Driv3r so it will be nice to play what appears to be 3.5. Thank you!