Open Source Xbox Live?

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by AlexRMC92, Feb 19, 2013.

1. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

Someone with the source code please contact me if you like to share it but not publicly, we can make a deal somehow.
    This can help out with Xbox emulation, "Homebrew" Xbox live*, Sega Chihiro , History of Xbox (with only 1 source code tree? yes, we can investigate code differences and compare against other leaks, disassembled and available tools before and after this tree)

"Disassembly is overkill", but source has to be in our hands.

*An (hopefully)"MS source free" xbox live server so you can connect with a gamertag (or create one) and be an interface for games. So we only have to build customs servers for the games after this. Maybe offer DLC again like back then and offer the Xbox live Arcade also (I remember playing awesome tank games and others)

I got the "Barnabas" kernel sources, I am still looking for the full dashboard sources. any information is welcome.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  2. Smalley231

Smalley231 Newly Registered

Xbl

Have you come acros the xbox live stelth files ? The ones with the hyper vision, salt, chalinge respons + more
    also with the gta5 exploit hype at the mo, with the info about, Iv got a most of the server tree + files,tickets,stats,even other plays info all incripted,
    also on the jtag xbox you have a fake live opshon but by defalt blocks all ports this is were im having problem,

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  3. dans87

dans87 Site Supporter 2013,14,15

is this thread bugged , says Smalley231 is the last post but codeasm's pops up ?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  4. Myria

Myria Peppy Member

I saw that, too, but...not anymore. Now you appear and correctly.

5. CodeAsm

Maybe the post got removed ?

Myria, you happen to know if the kernel got any specific updates for Xbox live like the filetables moved a bit or was there an empty space where now ppoe or dns server settings are stored for Xbox live?
    I dont have a non-Xboxlive box to test on yet, so im intrested into what kind of updates besides a menu entry and live dashboard is added
    Also because the live accounts and settings are not stored in file, but in the filetable like sectors first. also, PASSPORT.NET and xbox.com are in accounts, will changing it work or will a connection fail? (Did not test yet changing them, I also need to check if there is a checksum on an xboxlive account)

6. AlexRMC92

AlexRMC92 Site Supporter 2013

A small update

The "MorphKeyByHardDriveKeyEx" method just calls a bunch of other methods that i still have to track down. They are as follows.

XcHMAC
    XcRC4Key
    XcRC4Crypt

I have a very strong feeling that these are built into the kernel. I am actually kind of excited about this. If memory serves, the kernel is built into the bios. So preforming a TSOP flash with a custom bios could allow games to connect to a non official live server fairly easily.

There are still a lot of things to work out like the actual kerberos structure the system expects, but if the traffic can be decrypted then taking it apart with a packet sniffer should be a piece of cake.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  7. Echelon9

Echelon9 Member

8. AlexRMC92

AlexRMC92 Site Supporter 2013

Yes, i've seen those. What really needs to be found is kernel sources (which i have also seen rumored to exist). If i recall all of the hacked bios's were built using this source. The dash sources aren't really that important at the moment because the encryption methods are in the kernel.

9. JayFoxRox

JayFoxRox Spirited Member

You do realize that RC4 and HMAC are common algorithms which are detailed in RFCs?

Wikipedia provides pseudocode for these and they can be found in OpenSSL, Linux and Windows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash-based_message_authentication_code
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RC4

Also, why would you need them? We know that Xbox is running IPsec - at least Linux has an IPsec stack. And even if it didn't, we also know which functions turn it on / off on the Xbox.
    So during development you should consider turning of IPsec entirely by patching the kernel.

To avoid searching for the kernel code you could be running a client on the Xbox which listens to calls from the Computer to run the functions you don't have on your computer yet.
    Save yourself the trouble of implementing everything and only forward calls until you know what you'll need.

The kernel symbol tables are public too (as part of the XDK) so basicly you have access to every single kernel function. That will assist you to disasemble them or just calling them using the proxy I just suggested.

- IPsec and those crypto functions are the least problem you are having. By far.

10. kingkat

kingkat Robust Member

That is for Xbox 360, buddy.

11. CodeAsm

I forgot to answer his post, but basicly this ;)

12. SargeSparta

SargeSparta Member

I always wanted to do something like this. If something comes from this then consider me hyped.

13. shark69

shark69 Rapidly Rising Member

well i was wondering if there was any progress made on this?

14. Emperor Bohe

Emperor Bohe Member

this would be a dream come true if it ever happens. I don't have anything to contribute, but good luck guys!

15. Jord9622

Jord9622 Site Supporter 2014 Site Benefactor

It sure would be a dream come true, but, I got to say X Link Kai and XBCONNECT are pretty good as is!!!!!

I still play Halo 1 on there!!!!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  16. namine207

namine207 Member

Any updates on this? I've been really hoping to see what live was like back in the day. :3

17. Looney Bin Jim

Looney Bin Jim Spirited Member

This would be AWESOME if you can get it working! It may take a while, but it will be WELL worth it! ;)

18. Emperor Bohe

Emperor Bohe Member

There are people working on bringing Wii back online when Nintendo WFC closes. Let's hope the OG Xbox crowd can pull a similar feat, I bet it's waaaay harder though due to the closed nature of Xbox Live.

19. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

It'll probably be harder as people didn't bother doing packet captures. Today I could do a few gigabytes of packet captures and store them for later.

20. CodeAsm

I should have some time for research soon. First another xbox thing but Xbox live is awesome. APe, can you also analyse it and maybe modify your box so encryption and/or verification can be disabled? Wonder how we can make this a more team or AG project ;)