Open Source Xbox Live?

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by AlexRMC92, Feb 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator Staff Member

Not my style. I dont think that is necessary.

2. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

December 10 2017 "[10:23 PM] Grimdoomer(TheFallen93):.... there was a recent post on reddit where Cody610 claimed that I was still working on this project and was working on setting up an AMA about it. This is completely false, I have long abandoned this project after signing my NDA with Microsoft. Cody ... was never part of the project to begin with. ... So just to reiterate: I am not working on this project, ... Happy holidays."

I left some stuff out, maybe if he want to he could tell his whole story here. it was on Discord. So he gave it to Kiwi, who gave it to 2(?) other ppl who we dont know(?). AGAIN, why would this stop any progress anyone else makes? we have other skilled capable ppl. Go reverse engineer your own eeprom and kernel :D (also, I2c is easy with a raspberryPi or Arduino, 5 dollar max for a arduino with usb.) eeprom is the least of your problems.

TerdFerguson and Frostygraybob like this.
  3. TerdFerguson

TerdFerguson ls ~/

i nominate that whenever someone declares they're picking the project up, that a new thread be made for a sense of continuity

4. Frostygraybob

Frostygraybob Active Member

lol then thered be like 8 threads with 2 posts in them

TerdFerguson likes this.
  5. Anthony817

Anthony817 Dauntless Member

Lol you really think 8? I say maybe 6 threads top haha.

TerdFerguson likes this.
  6. DarrenRainey

DarrenRainey Member

Hello everyone. It's been a few months since I was last here and on the Discord so I was wondering we did we get to with regards to the status of the project last I remember Grim got authentication working on the Discord chat.

CodeAsm likes this.
  7. Frostygraybob

lol the project was abandoned months ago. Grim got a job at microsoft, so he was no longer allowed to work on it

CodeAsm likes this.
  8. CodeAsm

Grims project that is, others did do their own "homework" ;) but dont expect much "news worthy" progress soon.

Anthony817 likes this.
  9. Frostygraybob

Oh, i wasn't aware. I only really check in on the discord a few times a month now. don;t let a certain few people there know or they'll never get off your back about it lmao

10. CodeAsm

its fine, its complicated for me aswell. at one point nobody seems to be seriously working on it, so ppl truthfully say its dead. but then I or someone else find somthing intresting and another project is born... and its dead for a week or 2. when is something dead, when is something a new project and when are "owners" changed? I donno. basicly, random ppl at random times look at it. and let we all hope some of those details get to the surface someday so others dont have to do the same reverseengineering ;) (wikis, blogs, forums posts... thats fine). Discord is meh, hope some of the details there get written down.

Not entirely related but here is a document I just found out about that was apperently leaked a long time ago:
    http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=2949 (here is the PDF without login-wall : http://www.clangsm.com/forum/uploads/monthly_09_2011/post-12456-1316219562.ipb )
    Hope others who know awesome docs or files share em :D (in new threads where they belong)