Open Source Xbox Live?

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by AlexRMC92, Feb 19, 2013.

1. dominater01

dominater01 Member

was i banned from the discord every invite sez expired and im no longer in it

i didnt say anything ban worthy it just disappeared when i woke up

2. Derpman94

Derpman94 Member

@dominater01 Try now, someone banned you, idk who tho....

dominater01 likes this.
  3. Xbox Loyalists

Xbox Loyalists Active Member

anyone there

CodeAsm likes this.
  4. billcosbymon

billcosbymon Guru Meditation Error

Dude, the site just came back.

CodeAsm and Syclopse like this.
  5. Xbox Loyalists

is this project still in development since the people in the discord left the project for the time being

6. Lukew

Lukew Rapidly Rising Member

Not a clue, I left the Discord chat ages back. I think the Xbox 1X having backwards compat. with original games may now leave a big legal hole, especially if, as the games can be patched, they can connect to Live again. Re-compile for the 1X and change the linked xonlinelib to a new one that supports the needed features of the current Live network.

CodeAsm likes this.
  7. Xbox Loyalists

just a question with dreamcast and nes emulators being implemented into Xbox one (without any disc or digital copy due to legal) can a original Xbox emulator be put on the Xbox one in the same or similar fashion

there was one problem i had with the servers is if you used a xbl account from xbone or 360 and if you logged into og xbl everyone on your friend lists would see you on a og xbl game so could microsoft and they would probably ban that account for being on those servers unless those relive servers had stealth server on by default so no one could see the og xbl activity

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  8. billcosbymon

billcosbymon Guru Meditation Error

Seriously, none of this talk Xbox Loyalists is going to get anything done. If you have such a hard on for this learn to RE and make your own XBL.

Anthony817 and CodeAsm like this.
  9. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

Different topic.
    also, some ppl left OXBLive discord, wich got renamed aswell but doesnt mean its dead (you dint suggest that XbLoyalist ;) ). so just a notification for the lurkers or new ppl: In wintertime the grimdoomer codebase might be worked on again by his replacment ppl later. BUT, that dint ment no one else tries, ive spotted 2 people trying their changes and well, not that far yet, but yeah, share your progress, maybe somewhat opensource and others might get further thanks to sharing info. Keep it legal tho, dont use MS sourcecode or stolen gamecode.

2017 is gonna be somewhat intresting, whatever MS will do with OG games on the one, wonder if they would bring Live for those games. but that shouldnt hold some of us back ;) enjoy AG back online :D

10. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

According to someone on the reddit post about this, the guy working on the emulator apparently got hired by Microsoft (maybe in relation to the new XB1 <> Xbox backwards compatibility networking layer), wouldn't hold your breath on seeing this project resurface.

11. Xbox Loyalists

he did actually get hired by microsoft but what its was for was never confirmed

CodeAsm likes this.
  12. erfg12

erfg12 Rising Member

If the Xbox One X's backwards OG compatibility got xbox live servers turned back on, I would buy an Xbox One X for that reason alone.

CodeAsm likes this.
  13. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Kiwidog is working on this now, it is not dead. Just a minor setback.

stoker25 and ExcruciationX like this.
  14. Xbox Loyalists

he left the discord

15. CodeAsm

And according to the latest interview, Kiwi dint take over, others did however. this might have some intresting bits: (Live part at 36 minutes)
    It was never ment to be opensource, Grim was very clear about that before he even shared a video. So this thread is either dead or we should keep it for discussing finding to make our own xbox live, with legal opensource code and no more paid subscribtions (read in Benders voice ;) )

GoTeamScotch likes this.
  16. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Ok I just watched the video, so this is now news to me. When we last spoke he was planning on it but he is a very busy guy so good to hear others are taking over it.

CodeAsm likes this.
  17. stuntpenguin

stuntpenguin Spirited Member

I'm attempting to make a more public stance on this project. I understand that those who may currently be working on this don't want to be bothered by the questions of the general public, but I think it would be worthwhile to actually open source this.

I've made a discord server for the discussion and research of open source Xbox live. Please PM me if you think you can contribute your skills. At this point I'm not even sure if people are actively working on the project. I think this is fair enough reason to attempt a reboot.

All of our research will be public, but discussed in private. Code will go in a public repository. Discussion and research will take place between people who are knowledgeable in the matter in private. Even if we disappear, our work will live on and we'll be closer to the end goal.

Not trying to start drama, but I honestly think this is the best way to go about completing this task. Thoughts?

rso, Greg2600, Anthony817 and 2 others like this.
  18. CodeAsm

Did I join that discord already?

19. Lukew

Lukew Rapidly Rising Member

I got close to a signin, but it requires a custom Kerberos server and that was a bit beyond my abilities at the time. I have a VM setup with an AD server that *should* be close to accepting logins, but it's the Kerberos server that needs coding.

Greg2600 and GoTeamScotch like this.
  20. SudsiestOdin7

SudsiestOdin7 Newly Registered

Just registered yesterday after reading all 20 pages and 4+ years of work on Open Source Xbox Live.
    Tried joining the Discord through the invites however it seems the first one kicked me back and became invalid, as were the other few. Probably should have opened it in the app with my actual username in the app instead of my temp name (KailyCat)... Anyway, Discord invite would be appreciated. Not saying I'm actually going to help of course....I'm a casual gamer but have longed to cut my teeth on an OG XBL matchmaking server for years now. Hopefully this dream will be realized.