Open Source Xbox Live?

Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by AlexRMC92, Feb 19, 2013.

1. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

Check the discord... there is still alott research to be done and we dont even have titleservers connected to TheFallens code. Need reverseing that too

EDIT:Nope, will take a while guys,.. join the Discord or await updates. Spamming doesnt make it faster. its a hobby/free time project for that awesome guy. and I think there are more awesome people on this forum who just dont always have enough time for their projects.

Reason: I dont want to spam.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    IntelMiner likes this.
  2. Xbox Loyalists

Xbox Loyalists Active Member

has he even gave out the api yet for title servers

when was this leaked and where did you look for it because i'll go take a look for authentication code if haven't found it already

can someone help me find links to websites that are related to Xbox open source Xbox live home brew or emulator servers even if they are are active on web archives or even if the websites or links are dead i think we can benefit from people who have attempted this before along time ago and lets see if we can find any info that we have not seen before

this could help in 2013 this was posted http://assemblergames.com/l/posts/706366/ i think he said it was for Xbox 360 although i am not sure but he said that a Xbox live home-brew system has been done before a bunch of times but i don't what his sources are, he also said they only achieved logins, i going to go out on a limb and say that the post he read was old and probably did not have all the info but Xbox live logins probably require a the Xbox live authentication again not sure but this could help if this wasn't examined or applied before

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  3. Lukew

Lukew Rapidly Rising Member

The Live code that was leaked was a stand alone development version. Not going to mention names, but I believe that at least 2 people on here have either seen it, or have managed to get it. I've had no luck in finding anything, and those with it are understandably reluctant to start posting it online and giving links away.

I just checked, the place I got the kernel source from, is no longer a place to get the kernel source from. People with more knowledge than me have said that there's nothing of any use in the kernel anyway, it's all handled by the application itself.

4. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

@Xbox Loyalists Did you actualy tried reading the whole thread? Did you join the Discord channel and tried to read back in the past there?
    I see I broken my own link to the kernel (Barnabas, 4400 files as original as I could find it): https://mega.nz/#F!h9Zn3bTB!opJ2I8Y0gorIMgh6bbCLtg
    And there is another smaller part that contains parts of the dashboard aswell: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx5-OIjhF1h3MUZSXzFnbktjdG8/view (seems to belong to the same leak)

Some people distributed the kernel files with the Windows DDK files that are required to compile even a single library to make a working kernel. we have looked into this alott of times and realy good. No direct help for any xbox live attempt inside these files. There has been some people who got their hands on other stuff but sofar even the earlier guys where able to do wonderfull things with just reverseengineering. TheFallen93 has gotten just a bit farther (I cant measure how far, but I can say "much" further when he can allow an Xbox to signin and QOS Ok afterwards and stuff)

@just everyone
    Titleservers are yet to come... join the discord to "feel" more updated on the progress but ITS SLOW. Its a hobby project, its done in peoples freetime. Money wont solve it, wives and kids need food and attension asswell, thats why people stop somethimes and we can be happy they share info. So hop on your Surfboard and surf on the WWWW to Discord, some weird IRC i havent joined and find that Wiki some ppl talk about ... if thats public already (it was shared on the discord).

There has been no progress on the public side of things other than some research into wich games are probably easier to make a titleserver for and the API is being worked on, so far we havent seen it but got reasonable replies to continue our own effort to make a titleserver happen soon.
    A common meme is to make Karaoke Revolution priority one ....

So your into programming, you new registered person. Start reverseengineering a Live enabled game, just learn the tools and calls it tries to make. maybe hack a Network play games too... and while your doing that, We need an Exploit to trigger homebrew when a local network game starts. small portion of the eeprom send to our/your server. No time for questions, hop on to the discord or please await patiently till we give updates. Unless you made some progress your self ofcourse.

Im not the one who makes or sees TheFallen code.. I get why He wants to keep it close to his own. It doesnt matter, when his API will be open soon (as in sometime in the future) we can connect our titleservers to it. HELL maybe some games just start to work already if Matchmaking is working. So most of us just have to trust his word, but if you just join and post questions without reading the FULL thread and dont join the Discord... or atleast attempt to... Im gonna ingnore people (wich is hard... I love helping out... even if it costs me time and energy). So good luck, happy hacking and read more everyday.

5. Lukew

I've finally joined Discord, and I may manage to get my XP virtual machine running to compile some code I have obtained from, well, I've no idea really. Just remembered I found it not long ago :)

CodeAsm likes this.
  6. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

I especially love the part where that one guy posted 4 times in a row without using the edit button... Almost makes you wonder how adept they really are with something as complicated as understanding anything in this thread or even reverse engineering for live when they can't use a simple edit button.

7. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

yeh and that one guy using no punctuation whatsoever doesnt help either it just makes you look dumb well at least noones POSTING IN ALL CAPS

Btw, is there any way to "get on a Discord" without using their proprietary app blob? Apart from not knowing what it's doing under the hood - 126 megs just for a chat client, Jesus...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Anthony817 and CodeAsm like this.
  8. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Yeah you can usually join the rooms in a browser. Before I started using Discord daily I would hop on it via my web browser. You just need a link to it.

rso likes this.
  9. Xbox Loyalists

how would someone use xbox 360 via og xbox backwards compatibility because i already have the network stuff set already i don't want to change it

10. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

I think that question is really best suited to the 360 section, or maybe use google. I mean this thread is already starting to get derailed pretty hard. If you have a stock system and retail games it should already just work anyway.

11. Lukew

It should work the same. The emulator on the 360 didn't change the way the games connect to Live :)

12. Xbox Loyalists

but this program will dns redirect

13. Lukew

It will still work the same

14. Xbox Loyalists

i already have a dns address set

15. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

It is far to early to discuss this stuff. From what Kiwidog told me, DNS redirect is handled on the PC or router, this project is at best, at least 6 months to a year away from showing anything fruitful enough to be useful. Asking questions like this right now is not going to help much. I don't want to seem like a jerk, but spamming this thread with questions, like CodeAsm and rso and myself have said, does not really add anything to the conversation.

Xbox Loyalists, CodeAsm and ToXZiN 1 like this.
  16. Xbox Loyalists

will there ever be a beta test if possible at some point

17. Anthony817

Anthony817 Familiar Face

Like the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

I suggest joining that Discord people have suggested you to and ask away on there. It is much more preferred than to clog up this thread. Now, if you excuse me I will try to refrain from replying, since it is hard to resist when you make it too easy.

IntelMiner likes this.
  18. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

I can see where you're coming from, and Discord is definitely the right place for all the generic chatter (and "are we there yet"-type nagging) - but important pieces of info (like the eventual announcement of a beta test date, for example) should still be mirrored here. The contents of chatrooms are usually a fleeting thing after all (and where they aren't, the interesting bits get lost inbetween heaps of :kappa: and :smilingpoopwithpartyhat: emotes).

19. weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel Spirited Member

If there is someone that posts a lot and is distracting from the thread, there is a forum feature for that... :rolleyes:

I wish that the Homebrew Live project open its own thread. This thread is way too long, and while it details some peoples attempts with the source leak, the proposed solution will not include source code. (For logical reasons.)

I should say that I'm enthusiastic as everyone else, though. Can't wait!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  20. SilverTheGamer

SilverTheGamer Member

Logins succeed with current attempts? Does that mean the next step is account creation?