OMG at Lukemorse!!!

Discussion in 'Japan Forum: Living there or planning a visit.' started by Arkanoid, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Arkanoid

Arkanoid Gutsy Member

Did anybody just watch that video. I feel so bad for him right now.

2. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

what video? and who the hell is Lukemorse? Another nobody on YouTube?

3. Arkanoid

Arkanoid Gutsy Member

4. Jamtex

Jamtex Adult Orientated Mahjong Connoisseur

Major? How the fuck is an average of 1000 views on his videos, major? The video with the most view with his name happens to be someone elses with details of a package that Lukemorse sent him...

I'm sorry to hear his wife and kid left him, but I don't feel sorry for him as he basically says it's his fault. Videogame collecting is fun, but if you are in a relationship you do need to balance hobbies with the relationship. I am sure Yakumo, Gaijinpunch or Tatsujin would find a compromise if there other half said it's the collection or me.

5. Cyantist

Cyantist Site Supporter 2012,2013,2014,2015

Poor guy. I cant blame him for leaving the community youtube has for that kind of thing. Heres hoping his life can get back on track.

I remember Yakumo once said japanese women can be bitches (not saying lukes wife is) Is yours like that yakumo?

6. alphagamer

alphagamer What is this? *BRRZZ*.. Ouch!

It is not like his wife and son died.

I hope they get back together!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  7. Tatsujin

Tatsujin Officer at Arms

wow, some strong news.

but if i'm really honest, i always wondered how he manages that kind of life. i'm not saying that i have just few stuff, but i don't really spend much time on it, just some space. and normally my (private-)room looks quite tidy. my mife accept my hobby and probably is just glad, that i'm not into other things like car tuning, golfing or some other stupid japanese pastimes.

anyway i'm knowing just very very few about his life, backgrounds and the reasons for the leaving, but for sure it's not a happy story to hear and i hope that somehow they will manage to find together again.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  8. Yakumo

Japanese are really cold compared to westerners or at least I find that. That's really tough on that guy. How obsessed he was with gaming I don't know but I don't have that problem. My wife doesn't care about my gaming but then again I'm not doing it 24/7 either. I don't have a room dedicated to games as such and I do spend time with my son quite a bit. Maybe this Luke guy did as well. We don't know. maybe his wife is using it as an excuse. Who knows. Still, from his final video you can tell he's regretting it. Personally in my case I'd be more sad losing my son than anything else.

yakumo

9. ninty

ninty Active Member

I better look out for his sales thread ! :icon_bigg

10. N64gamer

N64gamer Robust Member

Dude,that the harshest thing to say:banghead:

As for the guy,that just sucks

11. DCharlie

DCharlie Robust Member

yeah, if the wife said "it's <hobby> or me" then it's the wife in a heartbeat.

Games are just stuff - ultimately i enjoy them a ton, but it's JUST stuff.

As slightly mentioned though , i don't know where he finds the time. By the time i'm home from work, by the time i've played with and washed the kid, by the time i've eaten, and then spent some time with the wife - the time to be really really serious about games (or anything else for that matter) is gone. Weekens maybe... but yeah. Not easy and i can see how it could upset the other half - though you have to think that you'd get at least a few warnings before getting a seperation.

Anyways, don't know the guy, only seen a couple of his vids, but he seems a nice enough person on the ones i've seen so hope he can sort things out

12. 3do

3do Segata Sanshiro!

For me there is only one choice when it comes down to games or wifes/girlfriends.

I remember one christmas day or boxing day deciding i'd sit down and spend a whole evening playing GTA III on the xbox but as soon as my girlfriend called and wanted me to come and see her and her family i instantly turned off the xbox and went and got ready.

Sure it's nice to have a game collection and even nicer to have things that are rare but IMO nothing beats spending time with your wife/girlfriend.

As for Lukemorse, it is quite sad what happened but in his video he does seem to show that he knows he should have spent time with his family more than making videos and i hope things can work out for him.

13. sayin999

sayin999 Officer at Arms

Honestly I am not shocked this happened. Some of the videos you can hear his kid crying and he wouldn't be responding right away.

Also I found it quite disturbing the video of him at hard off trying to cheer himself up since his son was sick in the hospital. I mean no offense, but come on man where are your priorities. His issue I think if anything was just balance.

In all honesty I hope thing work out for the guy, just if it does work out this time make a lot less videos, spend more time with your family, and buy a lot less stuff.

14. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

W/ the kid, it's a no brainer. W/o the kid it's a no brainer in the opposite direction. :D

Yes, but "It's <hobby> or me" is an ultimatum. GaijinPunch doesn't do ultimatums.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  15. Yakumo

This is the exact reason why Retro Core stopped appearing every month. It just wasn't possible to do with a child. With a wife there's loads of free time but once that baby arrives kiss your life as it was, bye bye oh and the sex you were used to :crying:

Yakumo

16. Oldgamingfart

Oldgamingfart Enthusiastic Member

17. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Family first, duh.

18. Trenton_net

Trenton_net AKA SUPERCOM32

He got what was coming to him. I mean, he went to a game shop to cheer himself up when his son was hospitalized. His visit wasn't even for his son as a gift! <slaps face>

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  19. Tatsujin

Tatsujin Officer at Arms

right. 798 vids in just 9 month is a sheer unimaginable amount of time which he puted on those vids. even if i'll had spent ALL my time between working and sleeping, i probably coulnd't have done such an amount of vids.

20. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

WTF... if each video took 15mins from the start to the posted product (as in from time spent thinking about the video, going and coming back from location, getting items, actual filming, editing, uploading, just everything) That would be about 200 hours or 43 minutes every single day for 9 months. Judging by the fact most of his videos are 5-10mins each its likely they took much longer then 15mins as well.

Google calculator FTW!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009