Omega MVS system purchase?

Discussion in 'Neo Geo Discussion' started by Ashevent, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Ashevent

Ashevent Site Supporter 2015

So I've been trying to purchase a Omega MVS system from arcadeworks.net a week now. Online reviews seem to place it just a bit preferred above the Analogue CMVS (plus I like the styling and price better).

Unfortunately even though the website says I purchased it, I haven't seen my Amex used or gotten a confirmation. Multiple e-mails have been unanswered. so my question is:

Has anyone purchased one from them recently
    or does anyone know if maybe they are at a convention or something?

Just like to know if they are still selling them, if not..I'll go buy the Analogue CMVS immediately.
    I'd really like to get into MVS collecting.

2. MottZilla

MottZilla Champion of the Forum

Ashevent likes this.
  3. Ashevent

THANKS! I looked for their Facebook page and couldn't find it. Awesome, i'm writing them now!!

4. MottZilla

Please post again to let us know how it turns out.

Ashevent likes this.
  5. Ashevent

Thanks, Will do! I just messaged them on the Facebook page provided, hope to hear from them soon. I already have the 120-1 cart and all 5 Samurai showdowns on the way from other sources. Going to suck if I have nothing to play them on...lol. But they'll look real nice in the shock box's I have coming at least.

6. Ashevent

After about an hour they wrote me back. Yes they've been having troubles with the website and urge folks to contact them via their Facebook page if you need anything. They are going to check my order later tonight and the reason their was no charge to my card is that they don't charge your account until the product ships. Thanks again for the link. I feel pretty stupid because I kept searching for Omega MVS when trying to find their Facebook page instead of Arcadeworks...yeah, it's been a long week..lol.

7. MottZilla

Well I can understand if I'd spent $500 I'd be pretty concerned if somehow things didn't seem right. I'm interested in how this turns out since I've been considering this system too.

8. Ashevent

They've confirmed my order and I should have mine in a few weeks. I asked Arcadeworks what should folks do about future orders since their website and email seem to be having problems and this was their reply for those interested:
    [​IMG]
    "order through the website please. everything gets filed, even though sometimes you don't get a confirmation if you use a credit card. confirmations are done right away with paypal. With the BLW kickstarter just finishing up and the backlog of the site pre-orders the average omega time is about 3 weeks. we build them to order. So the machine you will get was made specifically for you. Normal wait time is about 2 weeks. so only 1 week behind normal with the deluge of orders from the KS.
    if people have questions/ concerns, please direct them to the FB. We are changing the email as it is officially dead."

So in a few weeks when I receive mine, I'll definitely post up pictures and a review. I already have a 120-1 cart here waiting and all 5 Samurai Shodowns on the way to test out.

9. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

When you get it in let me know what you think of it man. I'm planning on getting into MVS stuff here soon enough and I'm going the supergun route, but I'd love to hear how this works out for you.

10. Ashevent

Will do; I have the Japanese Samurai Showdown carts 1 though 5, a 120-1 cart, an original Neo Geo stick and CD controller waiting to try out. I'll post back here when it comes in and then after i've tried everything out.

11. BuffaloWing

BuffaloWing Robust Member

Just curious, which one did you purchase? I noticed they list two different SKUs in their website. One is identified as "New Neo Geo System - The New Geo Console" whereas the other one is listed as "Omega Entertainment Machine - Neo Geo MVS Game Console". Both cost the same, so what is the difference between the two? Could it be that one is built using used motherboard whereas the other uses brand new board? If that's the case, the pricing is inconsistent.

12. Ashevent

I just went to thier site and only see the one. I know they were working on thier site because it had a few problems, maybe you caught them mid change?

13. BuffaloWing

Both are still there right now. If you click hardware under categories, it leads to this.

14. Ashevent

I stand corrected and...I have no idea..lol. Sorry, I know the only way ive been able to ask them questions is though thier facebook page due to thier recent email problems.

https://www.facebook.com/ArcadeWorks

15. BuffaloWing

It's alright, I'm a bit tempted but not quite ready to purchase one yet. I deactivated my facebook account many years ago so their new form of communication is quite discouraging for me. Anyway, I guess you picked the "Omega Entertainment Machine" SKU, correct? Looking forward to your impression once you receive your order.

16. Ashevent

Yes, I did. I should have another week before they ship it. Will give a report after i've been able to try it out with both the 120-1 and genuine MVS carts. I have a freind who's on this site and planning to buy one this coming January. So another opinion will be around in a few months as well.

17. Ashevent

Ships tomorrow, can't wait to check it out!

18. Ashevent

I spoke a tad to early. I will say that if you purchase one USE PAYPAL. There were some delays with the amex so I just cancelled and went paypal. They are shipping today. I know that they had some delays due to the new kickstarter for the NES and they were up front about that.
    As of now, expect 2 to 3 weeks before your unit is shipped but again USE PAYPAL if possible. Once it arrives i'll do a full test and let you guys know how I feel about the system.

so what i can say for now is: expect a little delay before shipment, if you need to check on an order or ask them a question; don't use their email address, use Facebook messenger at https://www.facebook.com/ArcadeWorks, They are very good about getting back to you.

19. MottZilla

That's a shame you had a delay. That's always frustrating. But do post your thoughts on the system after you get it and have some time with it.

Ashevent likes this.
  20. Ashevent

So it arrived! and it arrived on....My wifes Birthday..lol. So, only about 15 minutes to unpack it and play about 10 minutes of Samurai Spirits IV. Once I get some real time in, i'll give an update.

NEOGEO.jpg