Official use of the Playstation serial and parallel I/O

Discussion in 'Sony Programming and Development' started by unclejun, May 10, 2008.

1. defor

defor Intrepid Member

Well.. Connecting the cart to a DTL-H1001 yields cdrom spinup, and black screen but proper sync. The cd is not seeked so I believe this is as the documentation explains, the cd-rom-less version of the cart. I have a feeling I'm going to need SCSI connected before I can talk to it based on the document i'm reading.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  2. defor

defor Intrepid Member

Another thing I hadn't noticed before while going through my sce disks...
    This should at least be added to the list of OFFICIAL uses for the serial port both as it's notable in recognizing the Yaroze serial cable outside of the Yaroze kit, as well as providing code for both sides of the process- I'd wager that with minimal work, the IRIX code could probably be compiled for linux/osx if it's not been done already.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  3. defor

defor Intrepid Member

Back on the topic of the cart:

I'm beginning to believe, based on the contents of the old PSYQ2.PDF, that the external cart + card do NOT feature any emulation, it merely makes a debug targetable for development and debugging.

My biggest issue is that I can't find a copy of the PSYQ sdk old enough to still include the PSYBIOS.COM component. It has been removed in all the 1996 and later versions I have on hand, due to the MW3.0 (apparently the name for this cartridge) and MW4 (?) being outdated and replaced by the DEXBIOS for H2000

clues to the files that should exist in the psyq sdk that supports this, but seem to be missing from the sony cds I have on hand:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
    Amorri40 likes this.
  4. unclejun

unclejun Site Supporter 2011-2014

I have the psybios.com file somewhere, I'll send you a PM tomorrow or sunday...

5. defor

defor Intrepid Member

It looks like i've got at least the bare bones what i need off the original seller- he archived up "PsyQ directory of CD-ROM Release 1.7 of PlayStation Programmer Tools (DTL-S2002) Run-time library 3.5"

I'd personally love to have a legitimate set of those discs, for the moment stuck with R2.1 blue discs, R2.1 sun print discs, and R2.2E sun print discs which had all the cart dev removed..
    I wonder what the last version was...

I've somewhat resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to need to run this in dos/win95 (maybe if i'm lucky, win 98se/me) as there's no deci support, there's no win32 support, etc... So I'll probably setup a dedicated system for it.

If you do have any other versions of the discs, let me know! As always you've got everything, right? :D