Official Rhea Discussion

Discussion in 'Sega Saturn Programming and Development' started by citrus3000psi, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Lostdotfish

Lostdotfish Active Member

Can anyone point me at a GDrive archive for the Saturn please?

2. Lostdotfish

Having a strange issue with RMENU 0.2

When I have reset_goto = 1 in my Rhea.ini file, I don't get any boot options when starting a game in RMENU (fast, full etc). When I load a game, my Saturn soft reboots and loads straight back into RMENU.

This is the contents of my Rhea.ini

open_time = 500
    detect_time = 250
    image_tests = 1
    high_speed = 0
    auto_region = 6
    auto_freq = 1
    reset_goto = 1

As soon as I remove reset_goto = 1 I can load games as usual.

My Saturn is a PAL Model 1 VA0

3. Lostdotfish

Ignore me. Picnic error (problem in chair not in computer)

4. Night-Dweller

Night-Dweller Active Member

I'm back again with another bug! When booting up Die Hard Trilogy, the game will freeze before the 20th century fox clip or after it, looping some strange sounds. I tried a few backups from both TruRip and Redump as well as something from a random site and kept getting the same result. I decided to just try something random and it completely fixed the issue. I have a 4M+ 4-in-1 memory/ram backup cart. Unplugging it from the system completely solved the problem. Can anyone do a test to see if they encounter the same problem? Curious to know if there is a possible fix for this aside from unplugging the cart.

As for Gungriffon, apparently the Redump backup is bad probably due to how they dump their Saturn games. I've tried the bin/cue converted to both MDF and CCD trying fast boot, full boot, and even the switch on the RHEA. I just tested the EU backup by TruRip as I don't have access to the USA by TruRip and it worked perfectly.

Also, here are some links I feel everyone would appreciate!

http://randomisedgaming.tumblr.com/post/146372446412/the-complete-european-sega-saturn-60hz-guide-to Explains the difference between 50hz and 60hz games and all the different types of optimization used. It lists every Sega Saturn game and the result of playing a PAL image on an NTSC system. Very Useful.

http://randomisedgaming.tumblr.com/post/163253020547/sega-saturn-games-with-major-region-and-version Explains the various major changes/version revisions across all regions for all known Sega Saturn games. Very interesting and can be used in conjunction with the previous link to play the best revisions of the games.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  5. Braintrash

Braintrash Peppy Member

If only it was the only system they did massacre on...

6. SONIC3D

SONIC3D Spirited Member

Describe how you convert redump release to mdf/ccd/cdi(include all softwares and their version numbers and your OS version) and tell which firmware version you are using on RHEA.

I may know what happened to you. I need to confirm environment you are using to make sure we are talking on the same thing.

7. KnifewingGames

KnifewingGames Member

What settings do I need to use to rip a disc for Phoebe with Alcohol 120%? Tried with Discjuggler and Daemons Tools on my Windows 10 PC and got the “Not a Saturn Disc” error. I was told that Alcohol 120% was the only one that works on Windows 10.

8. FuckinFrog

FuckinFrog Rising Member

Official Gonorrhea Discussion

9. spidersandwich

spidersandwich Newly Registered

First of all, thanks to a ton of people on this thread (I've scanned through a bunch), without whom I wouldn't be as up and running as I am. I feel kind of bad this is my first post but… here goes.
    I've tried a handful of combinations, but can't get my Darkwater, TOSEC, or Redump sets to work. I'm on Windows 10 and I've tried combinations of DiscJuggler (with the settings specified), DAEMON, and Alcohol 120%. My results have either been "not a Saturn disc" or going to the CD player menu.
    I've got Rmenu and a trurip copy of Gex working, but I was hoping to get things going with the half TB or so of files I already have.
    What mounting/ripping combinations are working for Windows 10? Any specific versions of programs? Settings tweaks? Thanks

10. krisk77

krisk77 Peppy Member

Only Daemon Tools versions 4.4x works properly (they changed the code with 5.xx onwards) with Discjuggler (with the settings specified)

I only use Win 7 and that combo works flawless for all those types of rips, since I use the same that you mention (made over 200 working CDI's for my Rhea/Phoebe). You can use DT and CloneCD and output CCD/IMG as that will work but CDI's seem better, as I had a few fail under CCD/IMG but worked as a CDI.

I hear DJ under Win 10 needs a registry edit for it to work too.

11. spidersandwich

spidersandwich Newly Registered

Thanks. I dug an ancient laptop out of storage, upgraded it from Vista to 7, and now use that as my dedicated Saturn ripper. I'm up and running now. Thanks again :)

12. Mack

Mack <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

How does one get this RHEA ? Ebay is insane?

13. -=FamilyGuy=-

-=FamilyGuy=- Site Supporter 2049

Mack likes this.
  14. Mack

Mack <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

15. Marteicos

Marteicos Member

I've got myself a Phoebe recently.

The few games that fail with img ccd sub format have a lot of redbook audio tracks, Street Fighter Collection cd1 (65 tracks total) and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (96 tracks total!) are good examples. the largest music track game that I tested and works with ccd is 50.

Converting these ccd to cdi using a Windows XP VM (Daemon Tools 4.41 and Disc Juggler 6) made the games work correctly.

I confirm that using Recent Daemon Tools version generates a corrupt cdi (the console keeps checking disc format forever).

16. krisk77

krisk77 Peppy Member

Yes, i have recommended CDI a while back, yet some were dead certain on using CCD and being fine and then ignorant about using CDI when problems arose.

CCD does work but there are issues with some titles. The issue with the recent DT is that they changed the internal code/algorithms, which causes a corrupted image.

Marteicos likes this.
  17. A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows Spirited Member

That's fairly interesting to me. As a dumper for redump, CCD is considered a preferred format. I'll have to dump and test UMK3 to see what it does for me.

18. Marteicos

Marteicos Member

I think that any game with a lot of audio tracks, I'm guessing more than 64 will have issues.

With UMK3 the menu took longer to proceed after selecting a boot method. W
    trying to access the game on cdplayer using the ODE button the tracks number info shows wrong and the tracks play wrong either.

The same happens with Street Fighter Collection cd1 (the cd2 runs fine on cdd format).

Digital Pinball even boots, but all screens, tables and events loads the same audio track.