Official Rhea Discussion

Discussion in 'Sega Saturn Programming and Development' started by citrus3000psi, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Fogamer Six

Fogamer Six Active Member

I've had a PS-IO since the first batch and have been too busy with Rh/Ph/GD to even find the time to install it yet.

2. PearlJammzz

PearlJammzz Member

Not hard to get if you're in a similar timezone to the seller. Shit always go up at like 4am or something. Still trying to get in on one myself and have been following for ~yr. It's not the easiest.

3. Fogamer Six

Fogamer Six Active Member

For the record, if anybody having trouble, my list is now up to three titles that will not work with the wireless Saturn bluetooth controllers / 3d pads. I'm only up to M in loading up my games to the SD card over the past few months. There may be more.

Golden Axe the Duel
    Heisei Tensai Susume Bakabons
    Mansion of Hidden Souls

4. A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows Spirited Member

I'm fairly interested in a detailed write-up/video explaining this. I was considering go back to the previous version of RMenu to have a bit more control over how things were displayed, and to see if we can get nested directories working, mainly due to the idea of separating different regions (EUR, USA, JPN, KOR, etc), then following that up with game types.

Fogamer Six likes this.
  5. Night-Dweller

Night-Dweller Member

Virtual Open Tennis does not load on fast boot but loads on full boot. Just a heads up. Has anyone else tested the Redump or Darkwater dump of Gungriffon? As of right now it does not work

6. Nopileus

Nopileus Rising Member

Japanese version works for sure as i used that to try my VCD cart.

7. neuroacid

neuroacid Rising Member

What region exactly? I just tested out the PAL version and it does load correctly with fast boot.

8. krisk77

krisk77 Peppy Member

I have both NTSC/US Darkwater versions of those titles and they work fine, including fast boot and IGR.

Again, Gungriffon DW works fine with Rmenu 0.2 or without (as long as you source a proper version or rip your own), yet why say it worked in a old post using a different dump from Emuparadise ^^ but then say it doesn't work again in a new post just recently? Some of their dumps have been DW releases, renamed, etc, and the Isozone has DW images of Saturn games too.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  9. tyser

tyser Newly Registered

i'm a little confused. i have a US model 1, I have a rhea, my ini looks like this:

auto_region = 2
    image_tests = 1
    reset_goto = 1
    open_time = 500
    detect_time = 250

Issue I am having is with reset. I power up and rmenu loads. I select bomberman, when I do a+b+c+start, it goes to the cd player, then I can load rmenu again (as is intended from my reading of the rmenu v2 change) after this, i load cotton boomerang, a japanese game. then when i do the reset combo OR use the reset button on the console, it just loads cotton boomerang again. if I do the reset combo on the controller and get back to the cd player, it has cotton boomerang loaded, not rmenu. what am I doing wrong? how am I not able to get back to rmenu?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  10. krisk77

krisk77 Peppy Member

IGR with Rmenu only works with "Fast Boot", so using "Full Boot" or "Load Cart" (if using a AR or other Ram carts) and pressing Reset on the console will only reset to the last game played.

Make sure you use "Fast boot" for the IGR button combo to work properly. Maybe, you chose the "full boot" option to load Cotton Boomerang?

Also, it won't make a difference but i'd remove image tests from the ini, as it's not really needed.

11. tyser

tyser Newly Registered

hey, you're right! thanks, krisk!