Official Dreamcast System Link Cable.

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by mattdc, Jul 13, 2018 at 9:17 AM.

1. mattdc

mattdc Member

I have a price check question about an Official Dreamcast System Link Cable. For the longest time it was my HolyGrail, but several years ago I picked it up in an eBay lot with several other items (including Last Hope: Pink Bullets and a system) for $25. It was thrilling and surprising when I actually received the package AND everything was there AND functional.

I know tons of others exist, but out of all the Dreamcast collectors I personally know I'm the only who has one. I've only seen an official one on eBay once -- I bought it. I saw a NIB Dragon Cast cable sold on eBay a couple years ago for $100.00, they pop up from time to time, but I hear they aren't too durable. I bought a couple of weird Chinese bootleg cables from TaoBao? for probably $15-20 each. They work great, so I don't ever use the real one. Dreamcast Live was selling their version for $40, but I don't see them on the shop anymore.

So how much do you think this officially branded niche novelty item is worth?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Tomleecee

Tomleecee Spirited Member

I picked up a Dragoncast on eBay last year and I think I paid over the odds for it. It was about £130 if I recall, but I really needed one for hooking Dreamcasts together at gaming events so people could play F355 in link mode. As for the official link cable, they are quite rare and I've seen them go for a couple of hundred when they pop up - especially if boxed.

mattdc likes this.
  3. mattdc

mattdc Member

Thanks for the info!

Tomleecee likes this.