Ocean Commander PS2 PAL

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by ave, Dec 22, 2008.

1. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Ocean Commander has been released for various platforms in several countries (Wii, DS, PC), only the PS2 version of the 2D shooter remained to stay in PAL territories only.

[​IMG]

This game was released somewhere in 2008, but it is almost impossible to be found anywhere. In fact, I searched all European ebay pages (completed & running auctions) for it and the result was always zero. Such a bad start (I mean it got released just this year) could make it one of the real PAL collectibles in the future.
    Doesn't look like a masterpiece, but still like a pretty decent little shooter for a low-budget title.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Has anybody ever seen this for sale or even own it? What are copies of the game fetching on ebay if anyone ever saw one for sale?

2. wheelaa

wheelaa FM Towns / MD Addict Site Supporter 2010-2015

3. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Just sent them an email. The game is listed for 6,99 pounds, would be a good deal I guess.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  4. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

I have a feeling I might have a copy of this. I kept some of the more scarce games from the likes of Phoenix and Blast when they came in.

5. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

I've been told though that this one was only released in Italy. But if you have a copy anyway, please let us know :)

6. retro

retro Resigned from mod duty 15 March 2018

Why would a Dutch company release a game only in Italy, with a title in English? And why are they selling it in Pounds Sterling on their site?

Of course, it would have been a second hand copy I bought. Either we got it from Phoenix's distributor (as we sold Phoenix games) or it's possible someone brought it over - we've had foreign games in before. I'll have a look and see if I have a copy.

7. HKFAN

HKFAN Spirited Member

That's what I heard too. Only released in Italy 2008.

Source: http://wildthings.dyndns.org/wp/?p=742

8. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

A stock popped up in eary 2010 and there have been several BIN auctions on ebay.it. I grabbed a copy, hopefully it'll be worth a bit more in 20 years from now. I'll keep it as the next Atari Air Raid ^^"

9. Johnny

Johnny Gran Turismo Freak and Site Supporter 2013,2015

Wasn't this released for the Wii as well?

10. ave

ave JAMMA compatible

Yeah, but the Wii version got a significantly bigger print. Still don't know if the PS2 version is going to be rare someday as it's still up for grabs on ebay.it, but those come all from the same two sellers and once they run out of it - we'll see.

I still know when it was 2003 and I drooled over that 55 Euro offer at Play-Asia for a new Border Down Limited Edition. I could've had it for that and now they cost 150€+ in sealed condition ~_~

11. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

I think i saw a LOAD of them around.. maybe i might be able to pick up some for the forum members...

Because it's cheap in price. people are getting poorer and poorer here, and the crisys is biting HARD. We have load of unseen ps2 games that goes for VERY low...

12. Dr.Wily

Dr.Wily Peppy Member

Oh my god ! A game from Phoenix here ! You realy know who are you speaking about ?

In europe Pheonix is a low cost game studio. It made very crappy games with thier famous printed cover proper to represent the most bad taste and all the video game cliche.

A simple example, a beat'em up from Phoenix :

[​IMG]

There are all cliches : bad ass guys with oversized muscle in a dark and dirty street and of course a well asort dog...

Ridiculous ! :drool:

13. mooseblaster

mooseblaster Bleep. Site Supporter 2012, 2014

There's a review of the Wii version on YouTube.

If you can get over the annoying stance of the voiceover, it gives a reasonably balanced review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjqY5ukcnz8

(in short: he finds it nicely playable, but a bit easy, very short and rather unmemorable).

14. Xtincthed

Xtincthed Rapidly Rising Member

I found this site, searching for info on this game :) I was one of the lucky few who bought from that Italian stack last year, I have this game in my collection sealed and it's definately one of the rarest PS2 games i've seen so far!

15. ninn

ninn Rapidly Rising Member

Hi Xed! :dance: