NTSC Diablo PS1 beta disc set

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by Diablodin, Jul 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

I've seen someone superglue ratchet and clank prototypes to glass. It wouldn't surprise me if this happened to those

2. Diablodin

Diablodin Robust Member

Ok. Damn. I never lose hope. This Diablo project is top priority to me within game collecting.
    I will potentially wait my whole life for discs from the PS1 version development. All I want is for people on the other end to know that I'm very serious about this and that they'll have my contact info should the oppertunty for a sale/trade occur any time in the future.

I have a couple discs that I'm not able to dump but I still consider them a part of the set, just without a whole set of content documented.
    And I guess it'd be weird if you contacted this person to ask if he'd give up his holy grail. I'd be more interested in getting the missing 60 NTSC discs.
    But if it's not too awkward, if you ever got in contact with anyone connected to this guy, it would be much appreciated if you forwarded the message and I'll provide contact info. :)

3. Diablodin

Diablodin Robust Member

OH. GOD. NO.

4. karsten

karsten Member of The Cult Of Kefka

The undumpable discs... Post about those here you ay find help. maybe they are non closed session discs, or in a strange filesystem. You may find help here.

Also now that buyatari knows you are interested and you have posted here you have more hope than you may ever had before of finding something.

5. Buyatari

Buyatari Well Known Member

Sorry but in this case it would be a waste of time.
    It would take a lot of work to make contact and they paid a lot for this.
    Even with a super strong offer it would still likely be a waste of time.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  6. Buyatari

If I see or think of anything else I know where to go,
    Blizzard material is tough to get ahold of. Lawyers called me before concerning the Diablo gameboy prototype.

There was a time when I might have been a bigger help.
    My interest is almost exclusively dedicated to videogame artwork these days.

7. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Not trying to derail this but here's what I was referring to
    377245IMG0960.png

8. Diablodin

Diablodin Robust Member

Oh shit. So those discs are glued between the clear frames? It hurts to watch... I might even have seen these sell, based on how old the pic is of course.

Some discs are damaged beyond repair, some are just too scratched, so I'm considering professional resurfacing, and one is just alien to me... It's blank, no marker, gold on back, barely a scratch on it, and my PC doesn't even recognize the disc, not even as empty...

Awesome to hear! I'm glad for anything, even dead-end leads, just so I know what's out there. So thanks for the info, Buyatari. :)
    I'd love to know more regarding the lawyer situation. You don't have to spill any beans here though.

I hope this thread highlights how important this is to me and how dedicated I am in adding to my Diablo collection. I really appreciate all the replies!

9. Buyatari

I sold a gameboy prototype on eBay, after it ended and was shipped their lawyers called me. However, it had already sold and was shipped. They said they wanted me to sign papers saying I would never do it again. They seemed convinced that I had programmed it myself, but the papers never came,

Diablodin likes this.
  10. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

Those are glued ONTO the glass. There is only 1 pane of glass here

11. Diablodin

Diablodin Robust Member

Holy fcking shit... Who gets that idea... :(

12. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Which is the one that I bought, and is otherwise available online (and I cant remember who owns the original at this point).

13. Diablodin

Diablodin Robust Member

Oh, that's certainly interesting. This item was so infamous even Blizzard's own lawyers thought it was counterfeit sold in their name?
    Damn. But they probably got to hear about it after that then...

14. AntDRAG

AntDRAG am madmarsrocks

Collectors who don't give a shit about preservation and archival, that's who. :/

15. Diablodin

Diablodin Robust Member

Yeah... We're not all aware of the values of all things...
    This is why I'm putting a word out there. I want the Diablo disc in my collection, and I want to back them up and archive them poperly. Not glue them on my trophy wall