No SMS games work?

Discussion in 'Everdrive Master System - Master Everdrive' started by Beaps, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Beaps

Beaps Active Member

Hi All,

I got an Everdrive & Genesis & 32x games work sweet but I cant get 1 master system to work?

The extention in sms if that helps.

Its a NTSC Megadrive although I have tried on the Pal one also, still nothing?

Any ideas?

2. YAGRS

YAGRS Rising Member

You're not trying to play SMS games while the 32x is attached, are you? For SMS games to work, the 32x can't be hooked up to your Genesis.

3. Beaps

Beaps Active Member

haha yer thats what I was doing wrong, trying to run it through my 32x. THANKS

Also these sms games dont work on my Nomad, did they remove that feature from the Nomad?

4. YAGRS

YAGRS Rising Member

Apparently, you need to mod your Nomad a little to get that to work. Check out this thread.

5. Beaps

Beaps Active Member

Signed up to that website, I still cant view the the thread.

Is it easy to do, do you know?

6. YAGRS

YAGRS Rising Member

Sorry, I didn't realize that you had to be a Sega-16 member to view threads. The mod looks easy, if you have any experience with a soldering iron. It appears you just need to connect one pin of the cart connector with one on the ASIC. So, a matter of just soldering in one wire to connect the two.

I assume they have to approve your registration at Sega-16, and then you'll be able to see the thread.

7. Beaps

Beaps Active Member

If its that easy then I will give it a blast, just need to see how it works.

Thanks for all your info buddy

8. YAGRS

YAGRS Rising Member

No problem. Glad to help.

9. YAGRS

YAGRS Rising Member

Just to follow up—I just got a Nomad and tried this mod. It wasn't quite as easy to do as I thought it would be (due to me not being very adept at soldering); however, it does work. I now have Master System games playing on my Nomad along with my Genesis games!

10. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

be nice if someone mirrored the photos here

11. YAGRS

YAGRS Rising Member

Okay, TmEE on the Sega-16 forum gave me permission to repost this here, so I've attached the image that shows the mod to enable SMS mode. It only requires soldering a wire from B30 on the cartridge port to another pin. You'll notice that there are other mods noted on this pic. If you're interested in those, I would recommend joining at Sega-16 (if you're not already a member) and checking out the out the original thread.

NOMAD_mods.jpg