NO betas of current or next gen games that have yet to be released games.

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by ASSEMbler_archived, May 20, 2011.

1. ASSEMbler_archived

ASSEMbler_archived Pillar of the Community ****

How many times must I tell people.

No warez/roms/isos/illegal/stolen/betas of to be released games.

No xbox 360 magic hack / exploit / whatever.

Respect the hard working man.
    Appreciate his work and buy it.
    Do NOT steal bread from the mouths of your fellow programmers.

2. Yakumo

Yakumo Moderator Staff Member

As ASSEMbler has pointed out. No current gen stuff no matter what. If you post it you WILL face the consequences I'm afraid. Pictures / videos of cancelled games are fine as long as they were made public in the first place.

Assemblergames.com has ALWAYS been against everything listed in the post above. The rules are broken time and time again but no longer will this be tolerated (not that it ever was). From now on if you break the above rules, YOU deal with the consequences.

Sorry to sound like an arse but the point must be made. NO current gen warez/roms/isos/illegal/stolen/betas of to be released games. No xbox 360 magic hack / exploit / whatever.

Yakumo

3. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

this deserves a sticky

4. Kao

Kao Peppy Member

Just for clarification's sake: Assembler states that members may not post content for current/next gen games that are or will be released--That is to say, do not use these forums as a vehicle for spreading piracy around.

However, Yakumo seems to take it a step further saying that such content for canceled current-gen games is also unacceptable, aside from already published and publicly available media. Is this correct?

To me, canceled games which will never see commercial release seem to be outside the realm of piracy, regardless of platform, so I just wanted to verify that my understanding of the declared rules was correct (specifically, whether or not Yakumo's post was in fact accurately in line with Assembler's intent).

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  5. ASSEMbler_archived

ASSEMbler_archived Pillar of the Community ****

No yet to be released games.

Canceled current generation games are a grey area, ask a mod.

As people saw with splatterhouse, games get reworked.

Stay on the side of caution and ask.

6. Yakumo

As Assembler said. The splatter house problem caused a bit of trouble for this forum. It was a "cancelled" game that was in production limbo. It wasn't said to be 100% over and done with and as we all know the game did see that light of day even though it wasn't that good IMO.
    Yep, current gen cancelled games is a grey area. As Assembler pointed out, stay on the side of caution.

Sorry, if my original post was unclear. It was written early in the morning after a few beers so I wasn't really awake as such.

Yakumo

CodeAsm likes this.
  7. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  8. ...

... Active Member

... So I can't release the Xbox Cube's next big sensation "Katie Perry's House of Music Karaoke Vol. 29"?

9. Yakumo

Including yours :). But, no. Not really. My post is a support post for Assembler. The more who highlight the point the more it will stand out. It could have been very bad for Assembler if he hadn't taken action as quick as he did.

10. Druidic teacher

Druidic teacher Officer at Arms

x

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  11. gelberhase

gelberhase Gutsy Member

As I didn't get a response from ASSEMbler, although I pm'd him twice:
    Let's say one got a very early build of a current gen game (it's already released for quite some time now), what is the legal situation about Screenshots and maybe, just maybe a release?
    (more questions are to follow after this is answered)

12. Yakumo

Screen shots are fine but as for a release, well....... The rules are pretty clear.

Yakumo

13. gelberhase

gelberhase Gutsy Member

ok, I just wasn't too sure about it as it's imho not too clear here, one says yet to be released ones (that's what assembler says in his 1st and 2nd post) and then you said no current gen at all, so that got me confused.

Thanks for clarification.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  14. toad1359

toad1359 Member

I made a video game.... Can I post beta links through this site saying that I legally own the game?

15. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

Is it homebrew? current gen? if you made it at a company you probably signed an NDA or at least a contract. if you are an independent devop, you are still not allowed to bundle it with any MS current gen software and stuff. (also, im no mod, so please check with the mods)
    If you got a SDK from "iligal" sources and made a game, I think it falls under warezz. If you like to share just the source code, without MS code, it might be allowed.

16. Dreamcastmaster

Dreamcastmaster Active Member

Time to update and reword, WiiPS3360 gen and Wii U should now be allowed. Current gen, nope.

CodeAsm likes this.
  17. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

Are PS3 and 360 old already? Wii might be, but the WiiU im not sure... still games being released for it.