Nintendo Switch shuts down at boot

Discussion in 'Repair, Restoration, Conservation and Preservation' started by Dreamkey, May 1, 2019.

1. Dreamkey

Dreamkey Active Member

Hello,

I'm not sure if recent consoles are allowed here, please tell me if there is a better place :)

So I got two Nintendo Switch that I'm trying to repair.
    The first one has at least a broken screen and a bad screen connector, but at the moment I try to focus on the second Switch.

I believe it was already opened; after a quick glance I saw the eMMC module had "burn" traces on it. I swapped it with the first Switch and I was able to see the Nintendo logo for one second before it shuts down.
    I can boot it on RCM mode and dumped the replaced eMMC, which took 70 minutes.
    But even when I try to launch Atmosphere through Hekate, it's the same problem: Nintendo logo for one second, then nothing - same issue with the battery swapped, or if I try to launch the recovery mode.

The only problem I can see right now is when I dumped the keys with Lockpick-RCM, I got a bunch of "Keyblob 0 corrupt", from 0 to 5.
    Other than that, I believe it's in 6.2.0 because it has 8 burned fuses. Is there a solution?

2. Tokimemofan

Tokimemofan Dauntless Member

First of all I don’t believe the emmc is swapable without a dump of the original. The M92T36 chip can fail in many odd ways from failure to power or charge to booting to a black screen. That chip is something I suspect anytime I see power or boot problems on an otherwise undamaged board. Don’t attempt it unless you have a proper rework station and a very steady hand or you will make the problem far worse