Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Tchoin, Jan 13, 2017.

1. GodofHardcore

GodofHardcore Paragon of the Forum *

BOMBERMAN IS BACK

I won't buy one at launch because of all the PS4 Preorders I have right now. BUT I will get one in August. I don't know how anyone can't be excited for the Switch.

2. metalman

metalman Rapidly Rising Member

I preordered the Nintendo switch today and the new zelda the switch version from game and I hope they don't screwup the preorders.

3. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Gutsy Member

that makes me feel better about the paid subscription as im only going to use free local multiplayer

4. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Peppy Member

I think it's too expensive, and the games are definitely too expensive. Checked Amazon, £280 for the console, £60 for Zelda or make that £90 if you want the special edition... I'll just settle for Zelda on the Wii-U instead

5. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I actually liked the looks of it. I won't buy it at launch or anything but I do want it, mainly to play Zelda, and the new Mario does look interesting.

I don't care if it's underclocked or if it doesn't have mad flops yo, the games still look quite nice and, more importantly, fun.

Syclopse and kennypecheur like this.
  6. kennypecheur

kennypecheur Site Supporter 2016

To be honest, I don't care a lot if online services are free or not, as I mostly play with friends and familly when we are in the same place. But I understand that people who plays online can be a bit dissapointed.

Local multiplayer is always great with Nintendo systems (in my opinion) :)

Then you will have to come to France @AUSTIN PEYTON if you want me to kick your ass on the unannounced Smash Bros Remake ;) haha

AUSTIN PEYTON and Digmac like this.
  7. wombat

wombat SEGA!

I have been eagerly awaiting a new entry in the Bomberman series since Bomberman Live on Xbox Live Arcade. So.... this (and the localized Puyo Puyo Tetris port) made me pre-order a Nintendo Switch.

kennypecheur likes this.
  8. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

The paid online service was a bit of a let down, I only hope they do get online a bit better... it has always been a major pain in the ass for me to play anything Nintendo online (DS/3DS/Wii/WiiU). Also, I really do hope they just give out NES/SNES games on VC as for now it looks like they'll be timed for 1 month use only...

YES!

The console does look quite nice, it appears also it's not glossy, finally! And I fell in love with the joycon, very pretty ^_^

I thought exactly the same, but well, don't know much of the game yet, that area/world does look extremely weird though.

9. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

I'm going to Tokyo Big Site on Sunday to try out the Switch, so I'll let you guys know how the controllers feel and stuff like that.

What do you mean by "timed"? I didn't see any mention of Virtual Console (granted, I was doing something else while listening at the same time), so where are you getting this information from?

sa1 and kennypecheur like this.
  10. Olschoolgamer

Olschoolgamer Spirited Member

I think the most disappointing thing is the short battery life when the switch is mobile, 2-6 hours. I think over time they will improve upon this. Regardless I think this is the best offering I have seen from Nintendo in awhile. If I can scrape together the extra cash for the preorder than I will preorder it. Speaking of which, if you preorder something through Amazon do they ship it to ensure you get your console on launch day? The Mario and Zelda games are day 1 purchases. I was going to get sonic mania on ps4, but now I may get it on the switch instead since it can be mobile it seems to be the definitive version. I'm actually really excited for Ultra Street Fighter 2, go ahead and laugh at me.

11. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

Sweet, please let us know!

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
    Monthly game download
    Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.

Maybe I am interpreting wrong, but it does look like it's a "free rental".

DeChief likes this.
  12. BLUamnEsiac

BLUamnEsiac ɐɹnɔsqO ʇᴉq-8

The only unexpected positive note is the region free nature of the Switch. Heh, called Mario being a Holiday release. ;-P

13. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

Fuck the free part, what do they mean about newly added online play? SNES games online?!

14. Tchoin

Tchoin Site Patron

It seems they might be implementing some kind of netplay for the VC, but I think that's the only statement around, haven't seen anything else.

DeChief likes this.
  15. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

If it ends up working well, I'm playing the shit out of all those amazing co-op SNES games.

Tchoin likes this.
  16. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Switch is doomed.

$300
    $60 for a year online
    $60 for a game

That's $420 plus tax for a system that is basically a shitty android tablet.
    Insulting controller pricing

PS4 hits about $220 , is more powerful, has more games.

RIP nintendo.

storm132, CountDuckula, D_Ban and 4 others like this.
  17. Digmac

Digmac Removed for Not Reuploading Juiced Fast Enough

Who can say it any better than this folks.

MBMM likes this.
  18. rso

rso Gone. See y'all elsewhere, maybe.

Some things to keep in mind:
    - That's $300 at launch, Nintendo consoles usually drop in price very fast. I'd say give it half a year.
    - $60 for online, well I don't know about you but to me Nintendo gaming was all about the local multiplayer so as long as things are available offline I'm going to count that as $0 for me.
    - $60 for games seems like a bit of a ripoff if you're thinking "meh, all I get is a plastic disc in a box", but then again think a few years back - how much did the cart based games go for? How well did those sell? Pretty well, right?

Also the PS4 in your example doesn't have any games with it, no PS+ and only a single controller out of the box.

That being said, a Switch'll probably still end up slightly more expensive than a PS4 - but with a higher "kid-friendliness-"/"parent"-factor. Also it has Mario games, which is enough of a selling point for a lot of people.

sa1 and kennypecheur like this.
  19. Bramsworth

Bramsworth Well Known Member

Nintendo is going to become a third party publisher at this rate. They need to stop with the solely gimmick based consoles and get back to something with just one regular controller. Seems like they're incapable of doing that anymore. Ever since they started all this gimmick stuff it's just been a steady downward hill. When the whole console is a gimmick, developers end up feeling obligated utilizing those gimmicky features, which pretty much just pushes too many people away. It's been this way for awhile and it won't stop if they keep this up. I almost feel like it wouldn't be an exaggeration to think this will be their last console, since how long can they afford to keep putting out hardware that isn't a huge success?

I'm out of touch with gaming for awhile now, and my thoughts are probably generic, but no one else seems to be saying them so I'll be the grumpy guy and say I think Nintendo has been misguided forever and I look forward to Mario on Xbox and PS. :)

D_Ban and Digmac like this.
  20. DeChief

DeChief Rustled.

[​IMG]

"head to head"

PLEASE JAPAN TIMES, I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING

D_Ban, Digmac, MBMM and 2 others like this.