Nintendo E3 3DS Tech Demo "3D Challange" Unreleased ?

Discussion in 'Unreleased Games Discussion' started by letsplaykeldeo, Jul 26, 2017.

1. letsplaykeldeo

letsplaykeldeo Rising Member

Im on the Search for Information on the Tech Demo / Game "3D Challange" that first was showen behind closed doors at the E3 2010 even for the Nintendo 3Ds and wanted to know if any of you guys have informations on it or even a a CIA file for it ( Dumped ) it would be amazing to hear all of your Inputs and maybe hear how you got to hear about it
    EDIT
    I have to belive that early Dev Consoles ( That were given out before the release 2011) must or could have had this tech demo installed so if you know anybody on here with a Pre Release 3DS Dev Kit ( Not the big ones but the normal looking model but with a different back plate and 2010 as a Produrction date ) Please get into touch with me / this thread Im very tahnkfull for every and any information on it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. mspeter97

mspeter97 Robust Member

Well there's this big thread on gbatemp where a guy apparently dumped it and is looking for a way to fix it so that everybody can play.
    That's all I know

good and letsplaykeldeo like this.
  3. letsplaykeldeo

Well yeah that has been me

AUSTIN PEYTON, _XBOX_ and Getta Robo like this.
  4. dizzzy

dizzzy Spirited Member

Interesting and very cool :) Would you be opposed to setting the unmodified version free too for no-intro?

letsplaykeldeo likes this.
  5. letsplaykeldeo

Well problem is the Console is defective / broken and Im tryint to fix it as I dont even have the game myself duped :/

6. dizzzy

dizzzy Spirited Member

7. letsplaykeldeo

The problem is the pad that connects the data1 from the nand to the processor is ripped off the board and I have no earlier point where I could get the signal from

8. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

There's always an alternative point. After reading your other thread - you are in over your head. Send it to someone with the skill to fix it, rather than make it worse.

speedyink likes this.
  9. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

This. Send it to someone who knows what they're doing, rather then dig a deeper hole.

10. letsplaykeldeo

No it isnt over my head its just that I didnt had the skill back then / just reheated the pad to often before

11. letsplaykeldeo

I talked to people and there is no point where I can get the line from before this point only afterwards

12. PixelButts

PixelButts Site Soldier

youre missing the point. youre clearly less than qualified to do this and are doing more damage than good by not working with more skilled people for this task

13. letsplaykeldeo

First off all no second of all no and 3rd of all thats why Im here to talk about a way to get it working again before I just try things that why Im here "just send it away" "go to somebody who knows this" Nobody really fixes 3ds systems on a board level because they got so cheap , I couldnt even find somebody selling stencils to transplant the chips over to another board I just wanted to know if there is an earlier point where I could catch the signal lay a jumper wire and be done with it because this gave me too many sleepless nights allready and I wont sit here and let people tell me that Im not qualified for something that I have been doing for a long time now and that relieable Im not here to get ridiculed.

14. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

You can design your own stencils for chip replacements. Then order from https://www.oshstencils.com

You ideally need a Bga rework Station (I have that too!) but its possible with hot air. But unless you are experienced with Bga replacement I wouldn't even attempt it.

15. letsplaykeldeo

I did it a few times but I dont feel safe enought to do it on such irreplacable piece

16. AUSTIN PEYTON

AUSTIN PEYTON Gutsy Member

T
    Then send it to someone skilled enough to do it and not mess up such a valuable piece of tech.

17. letsplaykeldeo

Well not yet first we are looking into other possiblitlys to get the data off the console I dont really care if the Console is in working / playing order afterwards as long as the Software is safe ( thats why I made another thread and Im just waiting for a Flash Carthridge to arrive )

18. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

Pretty sure someone would be willing to board level fix a pre release 3DS. It's not like getting someone to fix a regular retail 3DS, where they are a dime a dozen.
    I get you want the software off there but sacrificing the unit its on should be a last resort

19. letsplaykeldeo

Yeah but I tried toalking to people in Germany like a year ago that would be able to fix it ( People that repair and reball other game systems and install Capture cards and such and all of them said no then I asked a few people arround the comunity ( at gbatemp ) they all didnt wanted eigther ) and I mean at this point its more like a Museums Piece anyways with such a different Back Plate so it doesnt nessesarrly need to work after we got the data ( Or at least not work as it was originally intended to work )

20. Goemon

Goemon AG Member since 2005!

Germans also build the BER... Dude seriously, you are talking to the right people in this thread and you can trust that they talk no shit here. Soldering is no easy task. If I had that in my posession, I never would have done that myself and I can solder. Some Hardware Ace will find a solution to your problem but you need to let go the unit for the time of the process, if you still want to see that demo dumped. The Data is still on there. I am very long in this community and I have had much more valuable items and one of a kind things in my hands for which I had to ask the community for help in several ways. It always worked out great.