NinjaX tech demo (SDK9)

Discussion in 'Sega Dreamcast Development and Research' started by wombat, Feb 7, 2011.

1. wombat

wombat SEGA!

as found on Dreamcast-scene.com (http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/news/unreleased-shmup-tech-demo-found/):

User ‘Dreamcast ™’ from Online Consoles has discovered an unreleased tech demo in SDK9 which runs on the Katana dev unit. A truly rare find, and great part of history as many devs might have learned how to make use of the Dreamcast’s SH4 and PowerVR in a shmup.

We have some screen captures, and a few words of description from ‘Dreamcast ™’.

"Really, just to demonstrate some of the graphical effects of the system. In the fifth picture (third down from the top left), you can see how it’s only lit around the ship. The image next to that is another option you can select to show texture highlighting (or for benchmarking to see all of the objects on the stage). But it’s definitely a great starting point if that’s the type of game a developer back then wanted to build. The demo is only a single stage and you can’t die. But there’s a high score at the top. The text on the left is debug information."

[​IMG]

Does anyone here -who has the SDK9- tried to run this on a stock Dreamcast?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
    LuizNai likes this.
  2. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

I found an SDK in a box this morning I'm not sure which version it is. Unfortunately some of the disc has melted so it is useless :(

A very nice find indeed though!

3. Dreamcast

Dreamcast Intrepid Member

I'll upload it here in a bit if anyone wants to try getting it to run on retail, but it wasn't working in NullDC (the screenshots are from a Katana). I'd have to double check, but I think it uses an early version of the WinCE SDK.

4. segaloco

segaloco Enthusiastic Member

You said it was in SDK 9? I think I have that :p

5. Dreamcast

Dreamcast Intrepid Member

Yes, correct. It's in the Ninja folder.

6. accel99

accel99 Spirited Member

So...its in the katana sdk but it runs on a early wince version?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011