new MD OS v24. SDHC, FAT32

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by KRIKzz, Jun 1, 2011.

1. RexDart

RexDart Member

I've just started having this problem today, except the only error I see is "prog error: 100" whenever I try to flash any MD or SMS rom to the cart. I'm running OSv29, I'm using a 2GB SD and 2GB RSMMC, both formatted from the EDMD. Have you found any fix for this?

2. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

no, i don't have a fix. all my cards work, so i can't fix it until i can't reproduce the problem. just roll back old OS, if you can't use new

3. Shigure

Shigure Member

KRIKzz,

I'm having a couple issues with OS v29.
    One of the issues is that the region fix doesn't work with any region-locked game I've tried. Bare Knuckle 2, Golden Axe 3, Sailor Moon, etc. I've noticed that megakey sometimes is on, sometimes it's off. Either way it doesn't work.
    The other issue I have is that SRAM is saved to the root of the SD card instead of the EDMD directory.

:shrug:

When I got my Everdrive from Tototek it had OS v23 and I never had an issue with that. Is it possible to rollback in the meantime?

Thanks.

4. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

yes, you can install v23 back

5. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

Shigure i wonder if you have a lot of files/folders in root directory or not?

6. Shigure

Shigure Member

No, I only have 3 folders on the root of the SD card. Genesis, Master System and EDMD. However inside those folders I divide the ROMs by genre using folders but no more than one level.
    Example: I have Genesis/RPG or Master System/Plattform, etc.
    Some of the names have spaces, some are somewhat long like Phantasy Star - End of the Millenium.bin. Would that affect it at all?

7. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

hmm.. should works fine in such configuration
    i remember that some old os may have a problem if some file managers, like total comander, was used, or if files was be unzipped directly to sd card. i always use win7 and regular explorer for my cards, so in theory, there is possible some incompability if another file managers or non win operating system was used.

8. Whitesnake

Whitesnake Newly Registered

Hi,

I was curious to know if there are any plans to support the Codemasters mapper on the Everdrive MD in SMS mode? or to patch the games so they use the Sega mapper.

Also would it be possible to support the controls of the Game Gear?
    There are quite a lot Game Gear games that run in SMS mode but the start button is missing.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

9. Shigure

Shigure Member

OK. Well I have 2 PCs, one running MacOS X and the other Xubuntu Linux. I don't use MacOS with the Everdrive because it leaves a bunch of "invisible" files all over the card. I don't know the name of the Xfce file manager but all I did was sort all the games on the Linux machine, inserted the SD card and just copied all the files onto the root of the card. The card was formatted from the Everdrive. But anyways, how would that affect the Everdrive making the EDMD directory and then just dumping the SRAM on the root of the SD card instead of the EDMD folder? :shrug:

Thanks for all your help KRIKzz.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  10. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

may be you could make the dump of your SD card? in this case i will be have 100% copy of your sd cart for test

11. Shigure

Shigure Member

Hrmm, OK. I have to find out the command to do it though. I think it's like dd if=sdcard of=file or something. I'll do that, compress it then PM you the link.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

12. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

thanks. will try to figure out where is this weird bug