New help converting Dreamcast keyboard & mouse to USB...

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by Marmotta, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Marmotta

Marmotta Dauntless Member

Need help converting Dreamcast keyboard & mouse to USB...

[​IMG]

I'm attempting to convert my Dreamcast keyboard and mouse to USB, following the guide below:

http://mc.pp.se/dc/dchid.html

I've got a USB 2.0 interface module and hooked it up as described, but I've no idea how to do USB programming and there's no explanation of how to proceed in the guide. All I've managed to do is get the module recognised as a Cypress EZ-USB Example Device:

[​IMG]

Does anyone know how I should program the board, or anyone who has done so before, or even some forums which may be of help? I've got no response in the couple of forums I've tried:confused:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. danhans115

danhans115 Spirited Member

3. Marmotta

When I try to install fxload, I get an error message stating that the existing file C:\Windows\system32\libusb0.dll is "newer than the one Setup is trying to install. It is recommended that you keep the existing file". If I keep the existing file, then I get the following error message once installation is complete:

[​IMG]

If I decide to overwrite the current file, then all my USB devices stop working and I have to run a repair of Windows in order to get them up and running again.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  4. Marmotta

5. danhans115

danhans115 Spirited Member

From what I have read it doesnt work on Windows 7 32/64 and Vista 64. It does work with Vista32 with some fiddling. I cant say how or why as its not a piece of software I have used much.

6. Marmotta

Hmm...I'll try a linux or Windows XP installation...