New flash cart for Pokémon Mini available.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by razorleafattack, Jan 29, 2019.

1. razorleafattack

razorleafattack Member

It's been quite some time since there were Pokémon Mini flash carts in production, so I thought some people might be interested. This new cartridge is called DITTO mini; all the details are here: http://dittomini.com

Full disclosure: I did work on this project doing web design and branding, but I'm not profiting off of this in any way. Just want to see it succeed, and ultimately see some new homebrew for this obscure little system!

2. Conte Zero

Conte Zero Rising Member

This is nice but some photo of the real hardware wouldn't hurt :)

3. razorleafattack

razorleafattack Member

A good point. I'm not the flash cart's creator but I designed that site and used photos I was given of the assembled cartridge. Here is a photo of the actual PCB, and you can see more photos in the shop. DittoMiniFlashCart_jpg-100460-500x500.jpg

Conte Zero likes this.
  4. Arcadia

Arcadia Robust Member

Pretty cool. I heard there was actually a surprisingly active homebrew community. Obscure, to be sure.

razorleafattack likes this.
  5. razorleafattack

razorleafattack Member

Yeah, definitely in the obscure category. There was certainly more homebrew activity 5-10 years ago, but it seems like there has been renewed interest in the Pokémon Mini. Possibly because a number of YouTubers have made videos on them, in addition to interest in making games with the coming of this new flash cart – which were impossible to find for the last 4 years or so.

I got mine in the mail the other day, and I have to say it's really great playing homebrew and translations on actual hardware. I did try emulating these games in the past, but they just aren't the same .

6. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

So what is this? I can flash a Pokémon rom hack game onto this ditto mini and play it on my GBa?

I’m interested but it looks like everything is out of stock.

7. razorleafattack

razorleafattack Member

This is actually for the obscure Pokémon Mini handheld system. This super tiny cartridge will allow you to flash and play official games and homebrew titles. If you want to learn more about the system itself, check out www.pokemon-mini.net

Pinta77 likes this.
  8. speedyink

speedyink Site Supporter 2016

I wish I got one of these things when they were relevant...they're ridiculous in price nowadays

9. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

Thanks. Not sure if I’ve ever heard of this. Lemme take a look

10. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

Ok I see. These things are pretty rare now huh. I’m totally interested in getting one of these

11. razorleafattack

razorleafattack Member

If you keep a sharp eye on eBay, they can be found affordably. They do go pretty quick though. I’ve managed to get 4 of them from $20-40 shipped. Certainly seems like it’s gained a lot of interest since the backlight panels came out a couple years back, and even more now with this flash cart.

12. razorleafattack

razorleafattack Member

It’s a really fascinating system, even as a collectors piece.
    I’ve done the backlight mod in several Minis and I’d highly suggest it. Keep checking back on eBay to see if any affordable listings go up

Pinta77 likes this.
  13. Pinta77

Pinta77 Gamecube Fanatic

Yeah I will. I will do some more research on the system, I just did a quick search. And if something fairly affordable pops up I’ll try to snag one and then I’ll try to snag one of these dittos.