new EverDrive MD with megakey

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by KRIKzz, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Everblue

Everblue Spirited Member

Sorry, I don't know much about language settings on the Megadrive2. If I leave the language settings as default (English?) without doing a region switch. Does it mean then that I can play all Euro + US games, just not all Japanese ones? Thanks again!

What if I enable MegaKey? Shouldn't it take care of that?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  2. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Almost. The few 50hz optimized Euro games might behave odd at 60hz.
    Don't worry about a region switch right away. Just keep in mind what it offers. Its effects do apply to games run on Everdrive. So all roms with both language modes will benefit, including Master System or 32X titles.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  3. Everblue

Everblue Spirited Member

Thanks Lum =)

Well, I wasn't 'worried' about 50hz games, I will play the US counterparts anyway. I was reading somewhere that on some MD2 versions Megakey still wont work, so unless you have a region mod, you cant play games such as Golden Axe 3 (JP). If this is the case it seems that ROMs can be region patched.

I have done this to Golden Axe 3 on an emulator and after patching it works (booting the ROM with the Emulator on US region), but it complains that there is a checksum error. Is this normal or I did something wrong?

4. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Well it'll save time in the long run. One region switch install, instead of having to patch each problem game as you unluckily encounter them.

5. Everblue

Everblue Spirited Member

I know what you mean, but as I got my MD2 brand new I don't want to drill holes in it, in fact its set to a permanent 60hz :)