new EverDrive MD with megakey

Discussion in 'Mega Everdrive / Everdrive MD' started by KRIKzz, Feb 9, 2011.

1. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

you right, os use rom header info for megakey setup
    i can add option for megakey manual control.

2. TEOL

TEOL Rising Member

I have a hardware type Megakey but nice to know that it's been added into the cart anyway. I have no way of updating firmware anyway so I'll stay put.

Edit: It's an OS change. Never mind about that. I'll be downloading it in that case.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  3. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

look forward to the fix

4. haynor666

haynor666 Spirited Member

Well, I have modified megadrive 1 and non modified megadrive 2 with 32x and mega cd and still cannot pass region check on Tempo. Is there any method to run this game on PAL machine?

5. haynor666

haynor666 Spirited Member

Fo those using 32X with Mega Cd/Sega CD. You don't need megakey to be on. Instead using US/EUR/JAP BIOS try multibios (available on this forum). Works perfectly, so far all CD games on my EUR Mega CD works.

6. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

I'm doing the same as haynor using the region free mega cd 2 jap bios

7. fuuraisen

fuuraisen Member

I'm assuming that the multibios is not going to work with the Jvc X'eye? I have the everdrive but i haven't been able to test it for this yet because i loaded some master system games on the sd card 1st just to test it and then the damn usb reader i was using basically just died.

And how do you use it actually? do you just place the multibios on the sd card as you would a normal rom and then load it as usual and then it just automatically boots back to the sega cd start up?

8. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

you should use multibios as any other game rom. cart will detect bios rom and will perform cd-unit boot up. bios loading probably will be work on X'eye

9. fuuraisen

fuuraisen Member

Oh ok. Cool thanks.

I ended up looking around and found the Wondermega 2 bios since that is the JP version of the US released X'eye. So i think that will work fine without having to use multibios.

Krikzz Btw...just wanted to say that i'm pretty happy with the everdrive so far and i purchased the super everdrive a few days ago from the retrogate store so I'm looking forward to playing around with that aswell.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  10. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

i glad to hear it :) enjoy

11. derekb

derekb Well Known Member

very happy with Everdrive-MD after figuring out problem with winrar on sd card too, thanks for the good work KRIKzz

12. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz Member

My v2.6 Megadrive MD is having trouble booting roms from (E) and (J) regions on my Genesis Model 2 (US Version). Some of the same games in this thread like Alien Soldier (E). Has there not been any progrss in the last three months with the "MegaKey?" FYI: When I go to the 'device info' on my EverDrive MD it say "software" next to "MegaKey" and I only have the option of 'region free' being 'on' or 'off'......what happened the Hardware "MegaKey" that was implemented on v2.4+ of the EverDrive MD?? Alien Soldier will boot to a message saying "this game is for PAL or France Regions" and I can't advance any furthrer, even if my region free setting is set to the 'on' position. Krikzz can you tell me why this happen? Are you trying to fix this problem? Don't misconstrue what I'm saying, Everdrive products are awesome!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  13. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

I can't fix it, some consoles, especially nomads, has more powerful signals than megakey signals from everdrive, so cart physically can't overlap signals inside of genesis. For most systems hardware megakey works fine, but not for all

14. lnx64

lnx64 Robust Member

This is why I installed region switches on my console, works fine, when the megakey doesn't..

15. atreyu187

atreyu187 Intrepid Member

So the Megakey works on my NTSC-J MD model 1 but not my Genesis model 2 which sucks as my 32x and CD setup are NTSC-U. I am on the latest update but at least GG codes will allow games I like like Golden Axe III to still be ran without having to have both systems hooked up.

16. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

Megakey does nothing if and when any 32x is detected.

17. KRIKzz

KRIKzz Well Known Member

Yeah, immposible to use meakey via 32x

18. Everblue

Everblue Spirited Member

I just ordered an Everdrive MD which I plan to use on my Asia PAL MD2 which is modded to 60hz. Will I be able to play any NTSC game without problems? Thanks!

19. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz Member

You have to test it on your Pal/asian MD. Some work and some don't.

20. Lum

Lum Officer at Arms

No. You still need an english/japanese switch to see everything. Some games check that for either region lock, or to select language.

In rare cases both. US Streets of Rage 2 is especially weird. it blocks japanese console setting, despite the fact its japanese dialog was left intact. (change region right after the lockout check ends to see)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012