New Dreamcast VGA to HDMI cables/boxes

Discussion in 'Sega Discussion' started by Tomleecee, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Tomleecee

Tomleecee Spirited Member

Hi all,

I was lucky enough to get my hands on both the Pound HD Link - Dreamcast and the upcoming Beharbros Gekko. I reviewed them both, and found them both to be perfectly serviceable. Check out both reviews here:

Pound: http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2018/06/hardware-review-pound-technology-hd.html

Gekko: http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2018/06/hardware-review-beharbros-gekko-hdmi.html

They both do what they say on the tin (box!), but for the extra $20 the Gekko is a superior option in my humble opinion.

2. Turranius

Turranius Site Supporter 2015

3. Tomleecee

Tomleecee Spirited Member

I don't see the Gekko?

4. Jarrah White

Jarrah White Active Member

BeHarbros products have always been a curiosity to me. Playing non VGA compatible games in RGB is tempting, but what do you do with the small minority of games that only support composite and S-video? That's why I went with the official HKT-81000.

5. Segafan1985

Segafan1985 Member

Does the Gekko have the infamous screen shift issue that Akura does? I have a GDEMU and everytime I do an in game reset to switch games it reshifts even If i have done the power cycle on my tv (problem is i also have an AVR and this “simple fix” takes like 20 seconds and is a huge inconvenience) I asked on the Behar Bros IG and could not get a straight answer

6. beharius

beharius Resolute Member

It's the same as Akura without scanlines.

7. nonosto

nonosto Intrepid Member