New Dreamcast discovery?????

Discussion in 'Rare and Obscure Gaming' started by Bert Hardy, Jun 30, 2004.

1. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

can't we just dip the bloody shell for gold plating? :p

I used to know a guy whose dad own the factory and he's done gold plating with almost everything he can get his dirty paws on... ;)
    wish I asked him to do the entire centre console and dash board pieces of my MX-5... :p but then I thought I didn't want my car looked like pimp mobile... he...
    while we are on gold plating maybe I should get my mobile done... :p

i need morning injection of coffee...

cheers

2. negora

negora Guest

If that suppossed golden Saturn came from a SEGA factory and the entire case were golden (not painted but using pigments mixed with paint like they do with other cases) I would consider this an official release and would be a rare time. If not... Another painted console ;) .

3. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

Gold is such a shitty colour at times though. You could paint any console gold and it would look cheap and tacky, but using it for text or to highlight stuff it ain't too bad. Silver works well on just abouts anything though :smt017

4. negora

negora Guest

I agree with you, Legit. I would prefer to paint only some parts, combining them with other colours like black.

5. dj898

dj898 Site Supporter 2015

i wantthat prototype goldish silver colour...
    it's similar what Marantz uses for its model range...
    kind of light shade of golden metallic...

cheers

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

I agree that GOld is tacky. Silver is a much better color.
    Either way, it was gold paint -- not a gold plated console, obviously. I dug a bit more... no luck.

I did find some late Saturn mags w/ some "soon-to-be" DC stuff. There's a few pictures of the Tower of Babel DC demo. Is there a video/pics of that floating about? If not, I can post 'em.

7. negora

negora Guest

I don't know if they were published on Internet, but I found some pics about the Dreamcast console and controller design work. I have not the originals here but some black & white copies (no good quality)

8. Bert Hardy

Bert Hardy Gutsy Member

>>I have not the originals here but some black & white copies (no good quality)
    negora - We've love to see them if you're able to scan them...quality is not important!...just seeing them is enough!

Gaijinpunch - would be cool to see the 'soon to be DC stuff' .......were they normal Japanese releases or LEs?

9. SilverBolt

SilverBolt Insert relevant title here

Bert i've been wondering about this for quite some time now, why do you never use the quote button but instead copy the persons sentence and put it between >> << lines ?

10. Bert Hardy

Bert Hardy Gutsy Member

>>Bert i've been wondering about this for quite some time now, why do
    >> you never use the quote button but instead copy the persons
    >> sentence and put it between >> << lines ?
    You mean there's a Quote button???

;-)

I had a think....I think it may be from the days of VMS Operating System when the way the mail tool replied was using >>(I think). Or it's something from using C++/Unix too much in work.....dunno.....I'll maybe try out that new fangled Quote button sometime soon....

11. negora

negora Guest

12. negora

negora Guest

These all are pics from the Planet S project, which is the same that Dural or Katana (there were up to 1000 possible names). Planet S was going to be the final name, but after changes and changes... I've much more stuff, but I haven't got it here. I also had to sell some other "private" content because of personal problems... I would like to recover it but I think it will be impossible. Anyway, I still have all these images in color. Some of them were published in some Spanish magazines and the rest, I believe, wasn't shown (I'm not really sure)

Salutes ;) .

13. SilverBolt

SilverBolt Insert relevant title here

Wow great pics, keep em comming :smt023

14. Bert Hardy

Bert Hardy Gutsy Member

Thanks for the pics negora!...would love to see more....cool..

15. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter

Kewl stuff. I'll *TRY* to scan that stuff in by the weekend, but I've got two mates from the UK in this weekend that I'll be spending the entire weekend with (last time I'll see them together for years probably, as I'm moving... and they're rarely in Japan anyway).

Unfortuantely, most of the "soon-to-be" was 1st gen DC stuff, but there were a few demo stills (tower of Babylon, and the face w/ Sonic running across it), a few blurbs by Yu Suzuki and other develoeprs, etc.

There was in a seperate issue, 2 pages developed to DC players -- all the companies that were going to develop for the DC. Warashi at one point told Sega they'd put Shienryu 2 on the DC... of course, this never happened.

16. negora

negora Guest

Well, when Yakumo goes back to Japan, it would be interesting which we uploaded all our stuff there and share it among us. I'll try to look for some interesting videos which I had...

17. Yakumo

Yakumo Pillar of the Community *****

Sounds like a nice idea.

Yakumo

18. Paulo

Paulo PoeticHalo

Some nice shots! I cant help but think we seen them in another place before tho!! Im sure they were posted before werent they?

19. akumajo

akumajo dreamcaster

if it can help
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LuizNai likes this.
  20. f2bnp

f2bnp Peppy Member

Hall of Fame necroposting right there xD

takeshi385 likes this.