Net Yaroze software development disc DTL-S3045

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by LeGIt, Feb 9, 2011.

1. billcosbymon

billcosbymon Guru Meditation Error

Oh, I could probably make a cable then.

2. Szczepaniak

Szczepaniak Robust Member

Interesting... Not strictly on topic, but Sony released the Net Yaroze archive publicly back in 2009. It was 255mb. Did anyone grab it?

3. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

microcontrollers are different to flash/eprom/eeprom/rom

The latter is intended to be read and used elsewhere, microcontrollers can be locked, as the code is only used internally.

You would need to decap a locked micro controller and reset the fuses that is locking it out, then read in a programmer. Or study it under an electron microscope and piece together the data by hand.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  4. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

Are you 100% positive on this? Do you have the file or the original link?

I remember reading all over the internet about people complaining that Sony did not releasing the NY archive (just like we're still waiting for them to release the PS2 Linux archive).
    There's a thread here where unclejun posted an archive of the NY website, though he doesn't specify if it's his own or what... though I'm pretty sure he did it.

5. unclejun

unclejun Site Supporter 2011-2014

The only thing I find about that is this:
    I bought my Yaroze secondhand, I was quite happy when the seller found his login/password :)
    I don't know if he received a copy of the site, if I can find his email address I might ask him...

pool7, yes, that's my archive, I dumped the entire netyaroze website twice between 2006 and 2007.

6. danhans115

danhans115 Spirited Member

They released the archives, the details were posted on the net yaroze pages (cannot confirm this), also the details and link were posted up on the net yaroze facebook group.

It was only available to existing members though.

Dan

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  7. mrhaboobi

mrhaboobi Active Member

Yes it was released to the members, but it was a cut down version, didnt include the members web pages ( each member has their own upload area ) and didnt include the US or Jap sections from memory, i have a copy of it, aswell as a full rip of the web site and forums ( everything that was on the server before we lost access), however im not sure about the legality of releasing it, i dont need sony on my ass :)..

Id love to see the yaroze come back to life, was a wonderful tool and the forum was a great place with lots of good people..

8. Piratero

Piratero Peppy Member

Are all the archives (from OP) and the tar balls from the Yaroze Europe site still available?

9. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Too bad I could not afford a Yaroze when they were being sold by Sony. I was only 12 when they hit the DEMO CD's.

I started this site and thought I would just bump it into this post.
    http://psdev.psio.com.au/

I would like it to be the 'new' Yaroze site, and PS1 dev site too, and see the skilled members work shown here on it. People have been asking for a site like this, so I paid for the domain and built it. Hopefully it will be used.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  10. mrhaboobi

mrhaboobi Active Member

How do you upload and how do you get "team" access?

11. H360

H360 Familiar Face

You can not upload at the moment. I am working on that right now because it is the most important feature.

Team access is only for Project PSIO development members who are working on the SD / HDD device itself.

12. motu

motu Member

I've saw your site very interesting. I'll following the updates!!

13. Zetrox2k

Zetrox2k <B>Site Supporter 2014</B>

Hi Guys,

I own an original Net Yaroze dev kit, and have all the Reference libraries, boot discs, sample discs, software & utilities discs, brochures and even the access card. Im located in Melbourne Australia, i would be more than happy to provide any of these materials if you guys want them. If someone can provide me with the means, i would be happy to dump the firmware of fthe Access Card.

14. Piratero

Piratero Peppy Member

Please do!!! We need to preserve this stuff!

Maybe a Dropbox account? It's free.

15. Zetrox2k

No problem Piratero. Not a fan of drop box, ill post it on my personal FTP that you guys can hammer for a while. What i actually meant by 'means' was way of dumping the Access Card firmware. I have a friend whose brother is a bit of an electronics guru, but if he cant help me, im out of ideas.in the meantime, ill start ripping all my discs into images and get some materials up in a couple of weeks.

Cheers!

16. pool7

@Zetrox2k
    Hi and welcome to the forums :)
    The following has already been "covered" in the File Downloads section:
    We have the Software Development Discs (US/UK and JP), the Boot Discs (US/UK and JP), Ligthwave 3D 4.0, Metrowerks CodeWarrior R2 (R1 is floating around in the internet along with the PsyQ/SDevTC sdk). There's also a "dump" of the Net Yaroze website. Hope I didn't miss anything.

The Access Card was previously discussed here (can't remember the thread; I'll see if I can find it). It was concluded that a regular memory card cannot be converted to a Yaroze Access Card.
    I think dumping the firmware was discussed as well (in the same thread), but can't remember if it was too complex, too time consuming, or simply noone wanted to do it... or maybe not even possible...

Anyway, feel free to share anything you have; it'll be more than welcome I'm sure ^_^

17. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Yeah but another dump would be good. Who knows if people have taken things out from it, and the LightWave 3D does not work because it needs a dongle. Crackable yes, but hard to do.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  18. pool7

Everything that I mentioned that's already available here has been fully and properly dumped; rest assured I own the original discs and have compared what's been shared here with the discs. All files and folders are there with the right names and sizes, and all discs have the right disc "label"... Can't remember if I did a checksum, but I'm sure there's no need to.
    The only thing that may be "missing" something is CodeWarrior 1.7 for Net Yaroze (the one included with the PsyQ package floating around in the net), which I haven't seen in CD Image (ie. ISO, CUE/BIN, CCD, etc) format, it's just the files from the disc... In fact that is most likely missing the Mac version of the app.

Regarding Lightwave: The dongle protection (at least for that version, and most likely most new ones as well) has been cr@cked/bypassed already for quite sometime.
    I prefer not to post a direct link to that kind of stuff, but at least one of the first 3 links here should get you somewhere. :)

Don't get me wrong; I'm not against another dump; I just don't feel it's needed if it's the same that's already available.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  19. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Okay. Just checking. Glad to know it is a direct copy of the discs.

20. Zetrox2k

No prob, for archival sake i will rip an actual ISO of the Codewarrior CD. Also, if it is of any interest, i still have the brochures if anyone wants scans.

Im almost certain there are different versions of the boot disk and utility disks, not sure if theres any difference in the content though.