Net Yaroze software development disc DTL-S3045

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by LeGIt, Feb 9, 2011.

1. LeGIt

LeGIt I'm a cunt or so I'm told :P

The accompanying Net Yaroze boot disc DTL-S3035 will follow as soon as I have managed to acquire an appropriate dongle and find a way to clone it to a normal memory card. I'm bidding on one bundled with a Yaroze 3002 at the moment for this purpose ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The archives use no compression, are locked and come complete with a recovery record to aid their long term preservation. As as a result of this they come with a little extra bulk. In the age of cheap mass storage and relatively high speed broadband connections this should be a non-issue.

There is no torrent, tracker, magnet link or any other form of Peer to Peer (P2P) download for this release so be weary of any alterations which may have been made upon further redistribution.

The disc image is supplied in Alcohol 120%'s .mdf/.mds format. It is an awesome program for backing up / nocd your games. I reccomend you purchase it (and the software you intend to use with it!). Other programs may make use of this format but you are on your own. If in doubt, download the separate archives to create and burn your own project in the program of your choice, such as Nero.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Net Yaroze software development disc DTL-S3045 101.21 MB

600 DPI Disc Label Scan 7.23 MB
    600 DPI Disc Underside Scan 6.53 MB

/DTLS_03045
    DOC 17.56 MB
    GNU 5.22 MB
    PSX 3.94 MB
    SCEA 641 Bytes
    SCEE 54.52 MB
    SCEI 1.83 MB

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/DTLS_03045/DOC

I should also point out there are PDF's in this archive which are the official electronic versions of the paper hardcopies. These are:

LIBREF.PDF = Library Reference - Software Development Tool - DTL-D3095 (Green Book)
    STARTUP.PDF = Start Up Guide - Software Development Tool - DTL-D3065 (Red Book)
    USRGUID.PDF = User Guide - Software Development Tool - DTL-D3075 (Yellow Book)

Also you have to love how Sony misspelled Tool as Tolo which was then misdisplayed by the PDF reader as Tob :p

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note it has taken a fair amount of my limited resources to prepare this release. If you have any programming utilities, technical documents or promotional content etc to share, please thank me by sharing them. If not, then I suggest you make a donation to the ASSEMbler community to keep the site and downloads operational for as long as possible. Alternatively, as I'm disabled, unemployed, unemployable and on a limited budget for those that wish to express their gratitude in a fiscal manner I am open to voluntary donations to help fund the acquisition, preservation and distribution of future releases :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2011
    Armorant likes this.
  2. Alchy

Alchy Illustrious Member

Thanks for sharing all this stuff, LeGit.

What does this mean, by the way? Also it might make more sense to bundle all this stuff into one archive as those hosts have wait times, hourly limits etc.

3. LeGIt

Basically the files are not compressed. This is because sometimes things get lost in translation when they are decompressed. The recovery record is a CRC check within the archive. If the files become corrupt it assists with a more accurate recovery using WinRAR (or maybe other programs) repair archive feature. I made these changes so the files can have the best chance for long term survival.

I'd bundle them all in but it presents other problems, such as the entire archive could then be lost for ever. Splitting them up and spreading them about increases the chances that at least a piece of the SDK will be available in times to come. Also the multiupload link allows for downloading from multiple providers - if one provider limit has expired, dl from the next available link. If multiupload refuses to share to you, the files are searchable on all of the major providers using the names supplied above ;)

EDIT: Uploading .mds/.mdf as we speak. May as well cover all of the bases if it will make you happier :p

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  4. danhans115

danhans115 Spirited Member

Just want to add my thanks. Nice to have the whole lot of the files, I had a few of the folders from elsewhere.

Im interested in the original boot disk to if you are still going to post it. I wanted to compare the files on that one with the patched one to see what is different. AFAIK IDA supports the PSX EXE format so might be able to look at the dissasembly.

Thanks anyways

Dan

5. LeGIt

I never did manage to get hold of a Yaroze dongle to reverse engineer sadly. I intended to relese a dongle to memory card hack with the rip at the same time.

I still have the original disc somewhere (there area lso some one eBay) but I can't upload anything sizeable at present as my ISP hates me for unreasonable unlimited use according to their fair use policy :p

Last edited: May 12, 2011
    ASSEMbler likes this.
  6. ASSEMbler

ASSEMbler Administrator Staff Member

Dongle isn't it just a mem card?

7. LeGIt

I know but I wanted to open one up and work out how to transplant the unusual stuff onto a normal mem card PCB to make a clone ;)

The problem is people pay so much for their Yaroze at times they're afraid to even open up the dongle - I've never even seen boardscans!

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  8. HI_Ricky

HI_Ricky Intrepid Member

pcb same as mem card, but no eprom.
    i try mod normal mem card look like accress card did, but not work :p

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  9. danhans115

danhans115 Spirited Member

No problem I have the files now thanks to a forum member.,

I am pretty sure there were board scans in the sony section as I remember someone talking about this before.

Dan

10. Cyberghost

Cyberghost Peppy Member

You still need a board scan? I can upload pictures of the access card pcb, alongside the various ps1 retail memory cards. Theres multiple versions, Only the early ones resemble the access card, the later ones dont even remotely look similar to the access card.

11. geluda

geluda <B>Site Supporter 2012</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

Thanks for the consistent releases, LeGIt! Your efforts and contributions to the community are more than appreciated!

12. Cyberghost

Cyberghost Peppy Member

Here you go, early retail memory card, and yaroze access card pcb's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. l_oliveira

l_oliveira Officer at Arms

It's a memory card, but the firmware on the microcontroller chip is different. :thumbsup:

14. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Interesting. Has it been dumped?

15. l_oliveira

l_oliveira Officer at Arms

I don't think that's possible without decapping the chip... :lol:

16. CodeAsm

CodeAsm ohci_write: Bad offset 30

Thank you LeGIt, I love these kind of digital presents/treasures.
    And Thx ChyberGhost for the pix, love them, pure electronic sexy.
    This website is awesome,
    and I want it to stay alive for a very long time if not forever :p

17. npt

npt Spirited Member

I must agree with the above poster. thanks for the electronics sony sexiness. : )

Also Legit thanks for the NICE release. Would love to see the boot disc, even with a boot memcard, if nothing else they seem to come up on ebay split apart occassionaly (or rather that ONE we've probably all seem split but it's like $50 USD just for the dongle memcard - bad idea lol)

Regards,

npt

p.s. Posting when you're tired is probably obvious later I suppose. : )

:thumbsup:

18. H360

H360 Familiar Face

Why would you need to decap it? Dont the pins just go to the semiconductor underneath?

19. billcosbymon

billcosbymon Guru Meditation Error

Would I need a Yaroze if I have a modchipped 1001 and the boot card?

20. pool7

pool7 Site Supporter 2014

Not really, though you'll need a way to play what you develop (i.e. an app the converts Yaroze binaries in PS binaries or a Serial cable that connects your PS to the PC)