NES RGB board-10/19 release, 90.00 AU

Discussion in 'Modding and Hacking - Consoles and Electronics' started by brainpann, Oct 10, 2013.

1. omp

omp Familiar Face

I am keen but am going to wait until we are in our new house, limiting the projects lol!

2. drakon

drakon Gutsy Member

Congrats on the new house sir!

3. omp

omp Familiar Face

Oh sorry, new house won't be until mid next year. With what i have at home, i need to ditch some stuff so i don't need to bring it with us.

4. drakon

drakon Gutsy Member

Fair enough, remind me mid next year.

5. MaxWar

MaxWar <B>Site Supporter 2013</B>

So has the recently released board fixed grayscale already?
    I want to buy it but can wait till the feature is implemented.

6. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

Yes its fixed, its mentioned by tim on the thread announcing its release.

7. RetroSwim

RetroSwim <B>Site Supporter 2013</B><BR><B>Site Supporter 20

I'm pretty sure that the greyscale fix was the reason it was released a day late.

8. AlmostOriginal

AlmostOriginal Spirited Member

Are he planning to make more? Any one got and install there kits?

9. RetroSwim

I got an email from the dude saying he shipped it Yesterday, and I ordered it just a couple of hours after the site went up. I wouldn't expect that anyone would have theirs yet.

Excepting, perhaps, people that know him personally and wouldn't have needed to wait for the items to come through the post! ;)

10. MaxWar

I dont know how many of these boards he made in the first batch but considering what it is and how fast they sold I am pretty sure Tim has spent a lot of his free time shipping little PCBs in the past week.

11. APE

APE Site Supporter 2015

Probably should've bought one when I had the chance, I don't really have any NES games that are on my "must play" list (my cousin's had a SMS when I was growing up and then got a Genesis) and it isn't like I own a Framemeister either.

12. sonicdude10

sonicdude10 So long AG and thanks for all the fish!

Now I want to get a NES, Everdrive N8, this thing, and a JROK. I can't seem to hold onto my money for shit with stuff like this...

13. AlmostOriginal

AlmostOriginal Spirited Member

Hopefully there will be more. Maybe i have to wait for a second revision or NES HDMI.

14. RetroSwim

OK, just received it.

[​IMG]

:D

Edit: Looks like Imgur is having issue at the moment, the image isn't appearing right this second... :-/

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  15. MaxWar

^ I hope this not a bad Omen. I just purchased a 1 year pro account on Imgur yesterday.

This being said I noticed sometimes the pictures you upload will take a bit of processing before they are ready for public linking. Usually this is done immediately but sometimes it seems to be temporarily delayed.

16. sonicdude10

Go with ImageShack. I get 5GB storage space for absolutely free. Anytime I post an image here it's from ImageShack.

17. RetroSwim

I think something weird's going on. It's been showing this message all day:

If you take the "l" off the end of the file name, to show the original size, then it works (but it's huge so I won't embed it): http://i.imgur.com/e9EipaD.jpg

18. MaxWar

Did not ImageShack delete all pictures over 500 files in Free acounts a couple year ago resulting in "oops, image not found" boxes in forums all over the internet?
    That kind of sucked.

I have had accounts on almost all the major image hosts and tried to use them all. In the end I was using almost exclusively Imgur.
    Of course all the hosts have their limitations. Photobucket is pretty good too but it reduces image size too much.

Imgur so far is the best for me because It is stupidly simple and very fast to use, makes the job of uploading take mere seconds yet has all the features I want. On other sites I always have to click and scroll through menus to get the job done. Imgur Also has the ultra usefull "Upload from clipboard" function that I use all the time. I have yet to see this on another image host.

I decided I wanted to be done with limitations and stuff which all free hosts have so I decided to throw my money at one of them and I chose Imgur because it so efficient.

19. sonicdude10

I have a tool for imageshack installed to my PC for simple one click uploads. I never even have to go to the site itself anymore with the tool. I just upload with the tool how ever many images I want at a time, get the direct links to the images in the tool, copy and paste them wherever, and I'm done. Stupid simple and easy to use. If I have a problem with image count then I'll pay the $3 or so a month for a 12 month pro premium account.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  20. MaxWar

I actually use image host On a nearly daily basis. I really use it alot.
    To bypass image count limitations on free sites I was actually using two separate Imgur accounts as well as one Photobucket.

I was at a point where I would remove some image to make room for new on my Imgur accounts.
    Then I realized Imgur pro account is 1.99/month and that was not a big price to pay to stop all the hassle especially considering I use it nearly daily.