NES-001 RF Modulator Cap Replacement

Discussion in 'Repair, Restoration, Conservation and Preservation' started by kraktos, Sep 7, 2015.

1. kraktos

kraktos Newly Registered

Hi there,

I was just completing a cap replacement for my NES. I purchased it from console5. Upon opening up my RF modulator/power supply in the NES I saw that the layout was different from all of the other versions of this that I was able to find on the internet. The numbers for the parts for each capacitor is also different fromt= eh wiki on the console.

Does anyone have a picture of the board, without the capacitors removed, or know of the uf and v rating for each of the part numbers of the capacitors for this rf board revision. Unfortunatley I removed and threw out the old caps before I took down the rating details (which I now regret). I was wanting to make sure that I replace the correct caps (even if have to buy additional ones) in the correct part number spot.

Pictures of the item are below: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wiki on the capacitors can be found here: http://console5.com/wiki/Nintendo_NES-001

2. Blaasvis

Blaasvis Active Member

the big cap should have a marking which uf and voltage. The one marked 102 is 1.5pf no voltage requirement.
    the rest of the small cap should have a code as well for those see: http://www.csgnetwork.com/capcodeinfo.html

3. Bad_Ad84

Bad_Ad84 The Tick

You don't need to replace ceramic caps. And yes, they have voltage too. But they are usually like 50v anyway

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  4. Blaasvis

Blaasvis Active Member

Ah cool always good to learn something i didn't know yet.