Neon Genesis Evangelion N64 Save game problem

Discussion in 'Everdrive 64' started by yourgamerman, Jul 13, 2013.

1. yourgamerman

yourgamerman Member

Neon Genesis Evangelion N64 Save game problem?

hello! I want to report a problem about the Neon Genesis Evangelion game is when I'm playing on the everdrive64

When I try saving the game, sometimes some error messages appear on the screen:

Foto1109.jpg

I do not know what happened, after pressing "Reset" button, and reload the game again, all data have been erased. (That Sucks!)

I played again from the beginning until I get the mission 3.

and when I save the game, another screen appears again:

Foto1110.jpg

I do not know if it happens are also other games with saving.

A recommendation about this game, if the game was saved successfully, press "Reset" button and then reloads the game again. But if you see an error message after saving, DO NOT PRESS RESET BUTTON!!! Just turn Off and turn On again and then reloads the game again, otherwise all data will be ERASED. So be careful!

I hope that fix that problem for next OS version.

BTW...

i'm using on 1.29 OS version

Take care!

and sorry my bad english (again!)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  2. Zoinkity

Zoinkity Site Supporter 2015

Guess the default settings didn't include a line about it using 16kb eeprom ;*)

What's causing the problem is the Everdrive doesn't know to emulate the kind of save type the game uses. You should be able to change game-specific settings. Change the save type to 16kb eeprom.

3. yourgamerman

yourgamerman Member

Always is said on screen "save: EEP16K", I never should be pressing R button to change any save type setting before load the game.

Others Save types, the game doesn't work, but
    EEP16K does.

But that's what I say.

but save type setting is correct, but still the same problem will continue

Because, after saving the game, sometimes error message appear on the screen.

This happened when I played that game from last night

I started my first mission and defeat the Angel. I try to save the game, and then, the game was saved successfully.

Then comes my second mission and defeat the other Angel. I try to save the game, and then, and the game was saved successfully.

and then my third mission and defeat the other Angel. I try to save the game, and then an error message appeared saying:[EEP-ROM VERIFY MISS] or [EEP-ROM WRITE CONT NO RESPONSE]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013