N64 RARE Prototypes Release

Discussion in 'File Downloads - Share and Request' started by Borman, May 7, 2013.

1. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

erm.... why not just send a link via private message?

2. richterw

richterw Rapidly Rising Member

links via private message is a good idea, but I think there are other people who also wanted to play the protos, and deserves a second chance ..

3. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

It wont be me who helps, I wash my hands of it all. I was very clear that the files would only be up for a short time anyway, Microsoft coming along really ended it. I'm out quite a bit of money over it, so I have every reason to be bitter :p

4. richterw

I totally understand your point, Borman. And I appreciate all your effort and economic costs, so that these protos could see the light of day, at least briefly.

5. artixerix

artixerix Newly Registered

Does anybody have a copy of that pack? Please, guys...

6. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

They did see light of day briefly. You were just too late... I'm no way going to set myself up a trap. Maybe someone else can risk it.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  7. richterw

I do not understand why microsoft does not want people to have these prototypes.

1 - These are prototypes of the nintendo 64 version, not the remakes. it's not like it's "their job" because protos carry the name NINTENDO them, even if they are currently owned by microsoft

2 - People can get roms on various websites, with the full game for free (of course I do not do it because it is something unethical, but whenever I buy a new game, it is good to have a backup, just in case something happens)

8. cheaterdragon1

cheaterdragon1 Rising Member

Yes it is a bit strange that MS is trolling us on Roms for a Nintendo system. Especially when there are websites out there with hundreds of Xbox roms posted. They may be able to push us around, but as soon as somebody from a country with no internet laws uploads them, there's nothing MS can do.

In the mean time, if anyone missed out on these roms, send me a pm and I will point you in the right direction.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    LocalH likes this.
  9. Borman

Borman Digital Games Curator

Its the dangers of putting myself out there for these games. I could do it anonymously, but then opportunities like this don't come up, but then larger media companoes catch wind and bam, out well over $1000. Its a risk that I take, but no one really considers .

10. speedking123

speedking123 A Complete Idiot

Never Mind

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  11. Zoinkity

Zoinkity Site Supporter 2015

One of MS's legal obligations as umbrella for Rare is to provided defense for their IPs. They'd respond the same way to somebody releasing Mire Mare, for the same reasons.

Unlike the quagmire of international law that makes pursuing ROM sites difficult, this is one guy who, well, is slightly more willing to comply with a death threat from MS legal ninja.

Failure to consistently defend an IP can also work against you in certain courts.

12. HEX1GON

HEX1GON FREEZE! Scumbag

It's not worth it. These people were late to the party, and I'd rather you be playing games than sitting in a prison cell.

I'm one of those rare people who like Microsoft so, I respect their guidelines. Maybe not XBOX Live guidelines but legal stuff sure.

13. arnoldlayne

arnoldlayne Resolute Member

It's a legal obligation on their part to protect their IP - it's also very possible the people in MS who sent out the warning couldn't care less... they're just doing what they are contractually instructed to do. I wouldn't read too much into it - but, of course, you do need to be careful.

14. Lunar_Lander

Lunar_Lander from outer space..

Yep', Hexigon is right.
    Even if I'm a bit sad to have missed those ROMs it's indeed not worth you having problem.
    take care Borman ... and thank you anyway for having do it (even quickly).

15. cheaterdragon1

cheaterdragon1 Rising Member

16. YouDaMoose

YouDaMoose Member

These are the files names.

[​IMG]

17. Mechagouki

Mechagouki Site Supporter 2013,2014,2015

I found these files available for download with very little effort. You just have to look in the usual places.

18. Flash

Flash Dauntless Member

Of course. If thing like this got released it's out there. And stupid IP bots won't be able to do a shit about it, just like you can't bring a fried turkey back to life.

P.S. Robots send threats, but there will be no more Conker games anyway. Rare is dead.

19. saintnick

saintnick Newly Registered

Hey guys!

Does anyone have the original download?

The DL Link isn't there anymore.

20. Colonel Conker

Colonel Conker Active Member

I think I have them, but only the Conker ROMs (maybe I have it all, but I must check).
    I'll send you a download link in a bit with what I have.

EDIT:
    I can't remember, was it only Conker protos? If so, I definitely have them all. Uploading now.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014